2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! I'm new here so forgive me for any stupid questions. I have a 2017 Mazda 3 tourning and I downloaded the AOI tweak. Everything works except the android auto. It opens up but it says in order to use it I need to either connect to wifi or USB. When I plug in my phone, the phone doesn't automatically open up android auto. I found a two year old thread about this issue and I've tried every solution on that one. I have my USB files set to transfer, and I have my AA for phone screens app set to developer mode and I turned on head unit server. I also tested to make sure that the USB connector I'm using works on my computer. I'm not really sure what I'm going wrong, so any help would be appreciated! I don't wanna spend 200 dollars on a navigation system 馃槄

Registered
Which version of the MZD Firmware (FW) do you have installed? Check under settings->top right tab system -> about -> version info (or something alike). AIO AA does not work with any FW 70. Perhaps you have a FW 70 (like e.g. 70.00.100) and thats the reason why.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Which version of the MZD Firmware (FW) do you have installed? Check under settings->top right tab system -> about -> version info (or something alike). AIO AA does not work with any FW 70. Perhaps you have a FW 70 (like e.g. 70.00.100) and thats the reason why.
I forgot the exact number, but it's less than FW 70. It's like 59.00.40 or something around there. I know for sure it's less than 59.00.502. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Registered
I forgot the exact number, but it's less than FW 70. It's like 59.00.40 or something around there. I know for sure it's less than 59.00.502. Thanks for the suggestion though!
@ashwin perhaps/certainly 99% due to memory/storage space full of 400mb+ log files clogging your system that lag and blocked any tweaks wanted to run. Try the link below for AA to clear those dump/junk files.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
@ashwin perhaps/certainly 99% due to memory/storage space full of 400mb+ log files clogging your system that lag and blocked any tweaks wanted to run. Try the link below for AA to clear those dump/junk files.

I'll give it a try! I read the link but I'm a bit confused on how I install it. Would I just go through the process that I did install the other aoi tweaks? If so, would I need to redo download the aoi tweaks and then add this file to it?

Registered
I'll give it a try! I read the link but I'm a bit confused on how I install it. Would I just go through the process that I did install the other aoi tweaks? If so, would I need to redo download the aoi tweaks and then add this file to it?
@ashwin Instructions:
1. Download AA Tru_go standard view 00.zip to your computer.
2. Unzip files to the root of your blank usb.
3. Insert usb into your car spare usb slot.
4. Wait for installation to run & complete.
5. Enjoy.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
@ashwin Instructions:
1. Download AA Tru_go standard view 00.zip to your computer.
2. Unzip files to the root of your blank usb.
3. Insert usb into your car spare usb slot.
4. Wait for installation to run & complete.
5. Enjoy.
I tried it and all the installs prompts came up and everything, but the AA app still didn't launch properly. The same dialogue about having to either create a hotspot or plug an android for android auto came up

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
This is what my USB had in it. I assumed the installation isn't the issue since all the prompts came up, but doesn't hurt to check

Attachments

Registered
This is what my USB had in it. I assumed the installation isn't the issue since all the prompts came up, but doesn't hurt to check
@ashwin if its install smoothly then its fine. Now its the hardware side. Check that u are using a data transfer usb cable because some do not work as they're only for charging. try different ones or original. Check you have the latest google/waze maps and google services. Try a different Android device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts