2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)
I've finally joined the Mazda 3 revolution yesterday after buying a 2017 Mazda 3. I've installed the AIO software onto a DOK (with Android Auto package), went over to my car, did the whole installation (went super smooth!) and after everything finished I:
(a). Enabled Bluetooth and paired it with my Mazda.
(b). Created a hotspot and connected my Mazda Wifi to it.
1. Enabled developer mode on my Android Auto phone app
2. Started head unit server on my phone app
3. Plugged my phone with the original USB cable that came with my Samsung S10+ to the USB port in the car, and this is the screen I see on my infotainment system:

I don't quite understand why I cannot make my Android Auto head unit connect to my phone, kinda at lost here and would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks! Happy to join the family

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
67 Posts
I’m thinking your issue may be that you need to connect the phone by EITHER bluetooth OR USB. Pretty sure it can’t do both at the same time.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
67 Posts
Thanks! You mean Wifi or Bluetooth?
Yes, muh bad. To my knowledge it’s not possible to use wifi and bluetooth simultaneously to connect to the same device. Works the same way as with a PC.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Whats your MZD Firmware version? See MZD - Settings - System - About - Version

AIO AA does not work with any FW 70. Perhaps you have a FW 70 installed. And thats why its not working.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats your MZD Firmware version? See MZD - Settings - System - About - Version

AIO AA does not work with any FW 70. Perhaps you have a FW 70 installed. And thats why its not working.
My firmware version is 59.0.0.443
Tried disabling Wifi, Bluetooth and connecting with a USB cable but no dice

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you have parallel apps in your phone?

There is an issue when you clone apps (ex. WhatsApp, FB, etc.) They create sometimes 2 Google play services and this makes AA not working.

Try delete clone apps first.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello,
with the official version, Android Auto does not start if the developer mode is activated (in my case). try without activating the developer mod on your phone

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tried that, didn't do the trick :cry:
@yonifra see link/thread below for more solutions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,
with the official version, Android Auto does not start if the developer mode is activated (in my case). try without activating the developer mod on your phone
But without dev mode, how do I start the head unit server?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you have parallel apps in your phone?

There is an issue when you clone apps (ex. WhatsApp, FB, etc.) They create sometimes 2 Google play services and this makes AA not working.

Try delete clone apps first.

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk
Thanks but I don't have any parallel apps installed, and I've got only one Google Play Services installed with Android 10

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so far I've tried:
1. Cleaning up cache of Google, Google Play Services, Android Auto
2. Rebooting the phone
3. Replacing the USB cable
4. Cleaning the USB port of my phone and the cable
5. Replacing the phone with another Android phone with Android Auto
6. Rebooting the head unit
7. Did all the above with the two USB ports of the car (I see the notification in the Head Unit that it found the phone)
8. So I'm left with only the head unit to be at fault here. I installed the AA with version 1.12 and the latest AIO Tweaks app.

Now, I'm planning to uninstall AA and re-install it. To do that I just wanna make sure I got the drill - should I first uninstall by selecting AA red checkbox in AIO tweaks app, and then re-installing normally or can I just re-install it without anything else prior?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you set your phone to hotspot? From what I can see, your CMU not connected to your phone hotspot yet. It should be a white wifi icon, grey means it's not connected.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also bit confusing in your post

If you're using USB cables you don't need phone hotspot and you don't need to start the headunit server.

If you're using wifi, you don't need usb cable, but you need hotspot and you need to start the head unit server.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok I've just updated to latest AA 1.14 and it's not working now :( Do you happen to have a samsung phone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I reinstalled version 1.13 and it works like a charm now! Yes, I have a Samsung S10+

1 - 18 of 18 Posts