2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Apparently in Denmark, Europe, you can't have Android Auto but only Apple CarPlay.
They say there is some issue between Android Auto with the custom Danish characters æ, ø, å ..

Question now:
Since I set my car's language to English, would Android Auto work in Denmark?
Anyone from Denmark using official Android Auto?

I would avoid spending money on it until I am sure it will work..

Thanks,

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m 100% sure both CarPlay and Android Auto will work. In my country none is supported because they both rely on spoken language recognition. CarPlay “app” is integrated in iOS, for Android Auto the apk needs to be downloaded from a different source. Definitely no problem with local characters on these unicode OSs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

So Android Auto is not supported in your country, but you have installed it and it works if you switch your car's language to English?
Please confirm!

Regards,
Ciprian B.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m using CarPlay, which also isn’t supported. Didn’t have to switch anything in the car (language slovak). People from Czech republic have the same support as we do - none - and use Android Auto without issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Android Auto works just fine although is installed from another source. My phone and car are set-up to English. Actually the phone is English UK, to be able to display weather information in Celsius degrees on Android Wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts