2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Android Auto Maps causing delay in Maps/Music

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Albuyeh 
#1 ·
My Mazda FW version is v59.00.504 and I am running AA latest version from my phone (Pixel 3 XL). I have been having this weird problem where when I am playing music and have the maps open, when I make a turn, Google Maps really begins to stutter and so does my music. The stutter in maps also causes a big delay in the music to the point that the music becomes behind what the phone is doing.

So lets say I have 10 seconds in delay from Google Maps. When AA tells me it is playing the next song, it actually still has 10 seconds left before it plays the next song. The more delay I have from Google Maps, the longer this delay becomes. The temporary solution I have is to pause the music and 10seconds later, when the music actually stops (and catches up), then I play the music again.

I am not sure if the fault is with Android Auto, Mazda, Mazda firmware, or my phone.

Does anyone else have this problem?

#3 ·
I guess 'fault' is the wrong word but I am wondering where the bottleneck is coming from, like why is there lag? This didn't used to be a problem so I am leaning towards it being the Google Maps application

#14 ·
I had this problem too. The reason everything sputters when you make a 90-degree turn is due in part to Google Maps needing to load new map tiles and this causes a drain on limited memory available.

The solution for me was to remove the Maps SD card from the slot. This frees up memory for AA and removed any stuttering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.