2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1221 - 1240 of 1441 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most of the times when I connect my cell AA shows black screen. I have to repeat this procedure several times before it will be able to connect (sometimes I'm not still able).

1. Bluetooth pair;
2. Set bluetooth main audio channel;
3. Start AA HeadUnit;
4. Plug Smartphone (Nexus 5 with AA installed);
5. Smartphone screen goes black and shows AA title.

But headunit shows black screen after credits window.
So far I was only able to connect AA 2 times after 20-30 attempts.

Am I doing smth wrong?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most of the times when I connect my cell AA shows black screen. I have to repeat this procedure several times before it will be able to connect (sometimes I'm not still able).

1. Bluetooth pair;
3. Start AA HeadUnit;

Am I doing smth wrong?
Ditto, though I've never been able to get it to run.

·
Registered
70 Posts

1. Bluetooth pair;
3. Start AA HeadUnit;

Am I doing smth wrong?
The only thing I do different is I connect the phone without starting AA in the car. Connecting the phone automatically starts AA in car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use one of these:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHIVYZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It supports USB Battery Charging 1.2 allowing you to power the hub from another source (either from another USB port or car charger) while keeping the data connection. I haven't measured how much power it draws, but it will charge my phone while using Android Auto. Most people have been able to get just shy of 1A through it. You still won't be able to use Quick Charge with it, but it will provide nearly twice what you would normally get from a single USB port.
So the USB cable from the hub connects to the USB port in the car, external power source to the mini USB port and the phone to one of the hub's port?

·
Registered
166 Posts
So the USB cable from the hub connects to the USB port in the car, external power source to the mini USB port and the phone to one of the hub's port?

I believe it's a MicroUSB for powering the hub, but otherwise you got it. The external power can come from the car's other USB port or I bought a dedicated car charger with Quick Charge 3.0 capability (in case I have a passenger that wants to charge or if I just want to charge my phone quickly and not use AA).

The USB Battery Charging 1.2 spec is the important part to note if you're looking at a powered hub. It allows for USB 2.0 data rates, but with up to 1.5A power draw:
https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app-notes/index.mvp/id/5801

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only thing I do different is I connect the phone without starting AA in the car. Connecting the phone automatically starts AA in car.

Strange,
I also do the same thing (not launching AA on the car, it does automatically) but still have the black screen :|

It worked yesterday and I didn't add/remove a thing since now.
Strange...

here's my settings:
AA Android version: 2.6.573464-release
AA Car Version: 1.02
Phone: Huawei Honor 8 - Android 7.0
Firmware 59.00.449A-EU
Car: Mazda 3 2017

·
Registered
44 Posts
Strange,
I also do the same thing (not launching AA on the car, it does automatically) but still have the black screen :|

It worked yesterday and I didn't add/remove a thing since now.
Strange...

here's my settings:
AA Android version: 2.6.573464-release
AA Car Version: 1.02
Phone: Huawei Honor 8 - Android 7.0
Firmware 59.00.449A-EU
Car: Mazda 3 2017
Try clearing data on your Android auto app on the phone. I had a weird case like that when I switched to WhatsApp once.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is this with the car-controlled option or another option? How's your head units brightness also? Mine is ridiculously bright at night. Not sure if I'm missing an option to have it adjust automatically or not.

There is an option in the car's CMU also. I would set that to auto and make sure that your dimmer is not set to off. Give it (dimmer knob on upper right of tach) a twist or 2 counter-clockwise with the headlights on. If the screen suddenly dims then it wasn't automatically switching over because the dimmer was set to OFF.

Your Maps app on your phone should also be set to automatically switch between night and day mode.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, yesterday I oppened the headunit app directly from the ssh in order to see if it generates any log and I could see that it shows a message indicating that the gps signal is in a bad format. This could be the cause the AA is not using the car GPS signal. My car indeed have a GPS antena because I can see the coordinates in the speedometer and the compass
Hi vic_bam, do you see the GPS coordinates in the compass when your phone is connected to the headunit and android auto is running?

In my case, the GPS coordinates disappear from the compass when my phone is connected and android auto is running, and reappear as soon as I unplug the phone.

1221 - 1240 of 1441 Posts