2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newest AIO AA is working flawlessly. No crashes what so ever on my commute this morning. I also updated my car from 55 to 59.441 last night so I can use the HUD without it glitching out. Oddly enough AA as a whole just appears so much snappier. No skipping what so ever with YT Music or Spotify while using Maps.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Pretty Cool Dude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Registered
33 Posts
Android Auto started crashing for me about a week ago. If there was audio streaming from the phone to the car and Maps were shown it was instantly crashing (also explained as connecting/disconnecting). If there was only Maps without music, or the music app was opened then it did not crash. A temporary solution was to clear cache and data for both Android Auto and Google Play Services, but then it just started crashing again in minutes.

The latest version of AA headunit (available through AIO v.2.8.5) did fix the issue for me. I did dozen of commutes since the fix, and it works like charm. None of them were longer than 30 minutes, so I couldn't give it a longer test, but that's already an improvement.

Thanks to everyone involved for keeping the updates to the headunit app, really appreciate it. Is there a donate button somewhere for the project?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I
New version of AA may fix a few other bugs but it did not fix the crashing issue. The build from Latest Google AA version 5.0.500224 causing restarts with Headunit AA_v1.12 · Issue #173 · gartnera/headunit fixes this.

I have created a zip file for updating AA to this version that can be downloaded @ http://albuyeh.com/files/AA_Fix_Crash.zip
I suppose that's why crashes ceased after my reinstalling AA. I had actually updated it to v5.0.500224. Thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I have audio. I receive voice directions and can listen to Amazon Music, Spotify and Replayo. I drove for 1h30 straight today--no crash. Stable!
I've stumbled upon this issue, where voice directions do not work unless another music app is used, I wonder if the situation is the same in your case...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've stumbled upon this issue, where voice directions do not work unless another music app is used, I wonder if the situation is the same in your case...
It's always been like this for me. Waze voice only with music. But there is a workaround: what I do is to start a music app for 2-3 seconds and then stop it. Then I can hear just voice directions, without music. However, it seems not all music apps allow voice directions after being stopped. In any case, Replayo doesn't work this way, but Amazon Music does.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone ever run into an "can´t connect to headunit process" issue. I started getting this after updating to AIO 2.8.5

·
Registered
1 Posts
Android Auto started crashing for me about a week ago. If there was audio streaming from the phone to the car and Maps were shown it was instantly crashing (also explained as connecting/disconnecting). If there was only Maps without music, or the music app was opened then it did not crash. A temporary solution was to clear cache and data for both Android Auto and Google Play Services, but then it just started crashing again in minutes.

The latest version of AA headunit (available through AIO v.2.8.5) did fix the issue for me. I did dozen of commutes since the fix, and it works like charm. None of them were longer than 30 minutes, so I couldn't give it a longer test, but that's already an improvement.

Thanks to everyone involved for keeping the updates to the headunit app, really appreciate it. Is there a donate button somewhere for the project?
Thanks for this message! I had the exact same problem and now it's working flawlessly.
Thanks to the devs also!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts