2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Pretty Cool Dude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For some reason, as of a couple days ago, my Android Auto keeps closing. This only happens when the page is set to Navigation (which it starts off in). My AA version on my phone (Pixel 3 XL) is 5.0.5002 however I uninstalled AA and downgraded to 4.9.5949 and it is doing the same thing. I do not have the V70 AA retrofit.. my AA is from the latest AIO version.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit 2020-02-24: There was a build here that fixed this issue. I have made it into a simple zip file for you to upgrade @ http://albuyeh.com/files/AA_Fix_Crash.zip

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also experiencing the same problem. I have a Oneplus 5t and it usually happens while running Waze but I think it also happened on Google Maps. I've noticed this last week. I'm running the latest AA (5.0.500224-release) and the latest Waze beta (4.59.90.900).

·
Registered
108 Posts
You might have more luck posting on the Google support forums. I'd suspect others have similar issues. If enough people star the problem, there's a better chance at having it looked at by a Google developer. AA has a history force close bugs BTW.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a handful of people are having this issue as well and it may be related to a latest update for Google Play Services

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in the same boat. I have tried two phones, OnePlus 7T and Essential PH1. Both running Android 10.
I hope Google figures out the mess they've created.
LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks like this problem has resolved itself. AA is working again for me
Can you please check your google play services version?
I was running beta version of google play services. I just rolled back to stable.
I can only test AA tomorrow morning on the way to work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same problems here. Got a pixel 3 rooted with latest updates.

When on maps without driving direction, it stay correct for a while but with direction a few minutes if not less.

I've read an article that Google is aware of that, but it was telling that it is when the battery get fully charged it disconnect...
For me it's just even worst written fully charged but not only then

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue and after grabbing a bug report from my phone, it happens because of various out-of-memory errors from the headunit. Do you have any ideas on how could we approach this? I tried the swapfile tweak, but it didn't work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi, this weekend I update the firmware from 56.00.240 to 59.00.502, know I'm having this issues using AA waze and listening music with the smartphone.

Before the update I didn't have this issue on 56.00.240 :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same issue and after grabbing a bug report from my phone, it happens because of various out-of-memory errors from the headunit. Do you have any ideas on how could we approach this? I tried the swapfile tweak, but it didn't work.
OK, I disabled everything on the AA settings (Weather, Show media notifications, etc) and it seems to not crash now. The last 2 things I've disabled were weather and show media notifications. Maybe one or both of those are using way too much memory or is leaking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I disabled everything on the AA settings (Weather, Show media notifications, etc) and it seems to not crash now. The last 2 things I've disabled were weather and show media notifications. Maybe one or both of those are using way too much memory or is leaking?
I want to try this, however when I try to access the AA settings on my CMU nothing happens. I click the Settings icon and it doesn't do anything. The AA app is no longer on the phone either since they baked it into Android 10. Can I do it through the AA for Phone Screens app?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to try this, however when I try to access the AA settings on my CMU nothing happens. I click the Settings icon and it doesn't do anything. The AA app is no longer on the phone either since they baked it into Android 10. Can I do it through the AA for Phone Screens app?
I changed the AA settings on my phone (within the app). I don't think the AA app is hidden on Android 10.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I changed the AA settings on my phone (within the app). I don't think the AA app is hidden on Android 10.
Tried it again this morning.. doesn't seem like changing the setting make any difference this time. It booted fine (with and without the setting changes) but crashes when I go into maps in middle of driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been using AA on my 2014 Mazda 3 since July, It has its occasional bugs but overall has been pretty consistent. As of this Monday 2020-02-17 It has become unusable due to disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes it will hold a connection for 10-15 minutes and other times it will just continuously disconnect and reconnect every few seconds. It really seems random, I've tried different usb cables, and they don't help, wiggling the connector doesn't seem to induce a disconnect either so I'm thinking its a software bug. I installed whatever version of AA on the car that was built into the MZD AIO Tweaks app in july, I'm guessing that was 1.10 or 1.11. Not sure if I should try updating the car to 1.12 as I've heard that it has lots of bugs of its own. My phone is S10e on android 10.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts