2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

721 - 740 of 766 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
From my experience, setting a SIM to always dial from resolves this issue. AA does not have an option to choose from which SIM to dial. Not to my knowledge, at least.
Good to know because I have that option in always decide from what sim make the

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
On YouTube I saw some videos of the official Android Auto from Mazda, with the new USB hub.

When going to Google Maps, in the right bottom corner, there is a button with 4 arrows. It looks like a button to pan the map.

Can someone confirm this?

If this is right, might it be possible to add it to the AIO version of AA?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T580 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone, my dealer updated my system without warning me now I'm under 59.00.545 EU, I'm lucky I installed the recovery but I noticed some bugs, when you push the Home button while in android auto it goes to a blank screen. Need to push favorites or nav button to get back, sometimes I have to reboot the system, touchscreen while moving doesn't often work :( any solution ? I tried several versions of android auto without results

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you ever want to use stock navigation, you can put the SD card back in. But leaving the Navigation SD card out improves the CMU speed.
Hey - for those who are still pulling the Nav SD card out to fix the 180 degree compass offset problem, you can now fix that via a small change to a config file.

After you build your USB flash files out of AIO, go in to the \config\androidautowifi\ directory and edit the headunit.json file. It should look like this:

{
"launchOnDevice": true,
"carGPS": true,
"wifiTransport": false,
"reverseGPS": false
}

Just change "reverseGPS" to true, save the file and install it to your head unit and you should be good to go.

Ed

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still not receiving calls

Hey guys, I've got a persistent issue.

I still can't receive calls while in AA (the AIO not the official one, which I haven't bought).

FW 56.00.513 EU, AIO 1.10, Google Pixel 1, latest android, I've tried it both rooted and stock.

Everything else works and I can make calls, I simply can't receive them cause it immediately disconnects or goes to voice mail,

I've also tried with my gf's phone with android 8 but it behaves just the same.

Any clues?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does any one know of the status of the github repo? As in, if I build master, does that equate to the 1.10 binary provided by AIO? I think it is working fairly well for me, but I cannot get audio playback to work wirelessly without constant buffer underrun. I suspect it is because the Audio streams are setup to use PCM rather than MP3 encoding, which requires significantly more bandwidth.

So for the devs out there: Is there an mp3 decoder on the CMU that we can stream MP3 packets to? I believe you can configure the Audio during the initial handshake to use MP3 vs PCM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys,
I have an issue with the last version of android auto (1.10) with the wifi connection. Any kind of audio coming fron the phone does not work, maps voice,call,music, nothing at all. Have you any idea about this?
Thank you for your time.
Firmware 70.00.100A EU
Phone galaxy s7 edge android 7

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #732 (Edited)
Does any one know of the status of the github repo? As in, if I build master, does that equate to the 1.10 binary provided by AIO? I think it is working fairly well for me, but I cannot get audio playback to work wirelessly without constant buffer underrun. I suspect it is because the Audio streams are setup to use PCM rather than MP3 encoding, which requires significantly more bandwidth.
So for the devs out there: Is there an mp3 decoder on the CMU that we can stream MP3 packets to? I believe you can configure the Audio during the initial handshake to use MP3 vs PCM.
If you want to see like 30 commits past v1.10 https://github.com/Trevelopment/headunit I have tried fucking with the audio code but I just do not understand what I'm doing when it comes to that kind of low level programming.
Hey guys,
I have an issue with the last version of android auto (1.10) with the wifi connection. Any kind of audio coming fron the phone does not work, maps voice,call,music, nothing at all. Have you any idea about this?
Thank you for your time.
Firmware 70.00.100A EU
Phone galaxy s7 edge android 7
This is interesting because I have been hearing now people getting AA to work on v70 over wifi because it doesn't work over USB. I have been trying to figure a lot of things out with AA some help would be cool.
Hi,
Is there a dev backlog for this project? I am an embedded C++ dev and Android Dev looking to contribute to this project. I find it fascinating and would like to help in any way.
Hey that would be cool because the other guy who does C++ for a living is not really excited about the project anymore since official AA came out. There is just the git history but if you research a little you can find out about it. I have followed the history all the way back to when the late great Mike Reid (RIP) reverse engineered AA from nothing to make the first open source headunit app that ran on an Android tablet in 2014. Our AA began as a fork of that project.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you want to see like 30 commits past v1.10 https://github.com/Trevelopment/headunit I have tried fucking with the audio code but I just do not understand what I'm doing when it comes to that kind of low level programming.

This is interesting because I have been hearing now people getting AA to work on v70 over wifi because it doesn't work over USB. I have been trying to figure a lot of things out with AA some help would be cool.

Hey that would be cool because the other guy who does C++ for a living is not really excited about the project anymore since official AA came out. There is just the git history but if you research a little you can find out about it. I have followed the history all the way back to when the late great Mike Reid (RIP) reverse engineered AA from nothing to make the first open source headunit app that ran on an Android tablet in 2014. Our AA began as a fork of that project.
Wow, I hope you guys are able and willing to develop the AIO AA further! I am enjoying it everyday but unfortunately I can't help you because I don't have the knowledge....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #734

Hey you might find a gstreamer plugin or something you can use in the attached file which is the output of gst-inspect
the very first line is mp3dec.imx: mfw_mp3decoder: mp3 audio decoder

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
unfortunately, I didn't have as much time as I thought over the holidays to look into this. I ran into issues getting the linux build to work. Plugging in the phone via USB doesn't seem to be detected by the headunit process.

Also, I'm not sure if it's because Android Auto on the phone was updated, but even without changing the stock AIO install of AA, it has stopped working in the car. Connecting the phone grabs video focus and leads to a black screen. Anyone else noticing this?

·
Pretty Cool Dude
285 Posts
I am using Unofficial AA v1.10 and I noticed that when I have the Maps screen open, the music audio completely lags when I am going on a turn and it is rendering the new parts of the map. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am using Unofficial AA v1.10 and I noticed that when I have the Maps screen open, the music audio completely lags when I am going on a turn and it is rendering the new parts of the map. Has anyone else had this problem?
Remove your navigation SD card if you have one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had this on my old Moto G, not so much since I upgraded my phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help Please

Hi,

Last night installed the AIO tweaks with AA v1.10+, but AA just wont start , not by USB cable or WIFI method.

Any advice please, what can I do?

CMU version 56.00.230

Smartphone: Xiaomi MIA2 with Android 9

Attached the AIO_log

Thanks

Attachments

721 - 740 of 766 Posts