2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My bose door speakers sometimes don't work while only tweeter keeps working and sometimes they automatically start working. Is this an amp issue? Is my amp not getting enough power to power my bose speakers or do I need to change something else?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
My bose door speakers sometimes don't work while only tweeter keeps working and sometimes they automatically start working. Is this an amp issue? Is my amp not getting enough power to power my bose speakers or do I need to change something else?
Do you use the Mazda navigation? That can interrupt even if it's on mute I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do you use the Mazda navigation? That can interrupt even if it's on mute I think.
What I meant was the speakers always work, it's just my bose subs that lose power from time to time and get back power while tweeter never loses power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think those bigger woofers in the gen3 were susceptible to water damage. Look into swapping them out. Or possibly repairing them based on another thread on here.
They do work only sometimes when I increase the volume to full, all of a sudden I can feel the sub vibrating my left leg but I can't seem to figure out why it doesn't always work. Could this be a battery or wiring issue as the car is from 2014?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
They do work only sometimes when I increase the volume to full, all of a sudden I can feel the sub vibrating my left leg but I can't seem to figure out why it doesn't always work. Could this be a battery or wiring issue as the car is from 2014?
Water damage more likely.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you run it thru the firewall yet? I read that grease can help but for me a straightened coat hanger with the 8 gauge wire attached with a couple pieces of tightly wrapped tape was fine poking thru from the engine side. I'd leave a couple extra feet in the cabin for now if you haven't already. I had to extend mine to reach the amp's final home.

I mangled that nipple a bit if memory serves. Now that you got me thinking, I may redo the whole thing when I put in the new battery with a correct-fitting grommet to make it airtight. Going to try one of these with the upgrade:

On second thought this looks airtight as is:

View attachment 281136
Which model year is the image from? I have a 2021 Turbo and I don't see that extra rubber part protruding from the top of the wires. I was thinking about drilling through the firewall just to the left (when looking at the firewall from the engine bay) of the wire bundle and putting my own grommet or some other sealing part.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Which model year is the image from? I have a 2021 Turbo and I don't see that extra rubber part protruding from the top of the wires. I was thinking about drilling through the firewall just to the left (when looking at the firewall from the engine bay) of the wire bundle and putting my own grommet or some other sealing part.
Turbo here too. I think that's part of the sheathing that came with the Kicker power wire. I may have added a rubber grommet as well.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts