2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
My bose door speakers sometimes don't work while only tweeter keeps working and sometimes they automatically start working. Is this an amp issue? Is my amp not getting enough power to power my bose speakers or do I need to change something else?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
My bose door speakers sometimes don't work while only tweeter keeps working and sometimes they automatically start working. Is this an amp issue? Is my amp not getting enough power to power my bose speakers or do I need to change something else?
Do you use the Mazda navigation? That can interrupt even if it's on mute I think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think those bigger woofers in the gen3 were susceptible to water damage. Look into swapping them out. Or possibly repairing them based on another thread on here.
They do work only sometimes when I increase the volume to full, all of a sudden I can feel the sub vibrating my left leg but I can't seem to figure out why it doesn't always work. Could this be a battery or wiring issue as the car is from 2014?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
They do work only sometimes when I increase the volume to full, all of a sudden I can feel the sub vibrating my left leg but I can't seem to figure out why it doesn't always work. Could this be a battery or wiring issue as the car is from 2014?
Water damage more likely.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you run it thru the firewall yet? I read that grease can help but for me a straightened coat hanger with the 8 gauge wire attached with a couple pieces of tightly wrapped tape was fine poking thru from the engine side. I'd leave a couple extra feet in the cabin for now if you haven't already. I had to extend mine to reach the amp's final home.

I mangled that nipple a bit if memory serves. Now that you got me thinking, I may redo the whole thing when I put in the new battery with a correct-fitting grommet to make it airtight. Going to try one of these with the upgrade:

On second thought this looks airtight as is:

View attachment 281136
Which model year is the image from? I have a 2021 Turbo and I don't see that extra rubber part protruding from the top of the wires. I was thinking about drilling through the firewall just to the left (when looking at the firewall from the engine bay) of the wire bundle and putting my own grommet or some other sealing part.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Which model year is the image from? I have a 2021 Turbo and I don't see that extra rubber part protruding from the top of the wires. I was thinking about drilling through the firewall just to the left (when looking at the firewall from the engine bay) of the wire bundle and putting my own grommet or some other sealing part.
Turbo here too. I think that's part of the sheathing that came with the Kicker power wire. I may have added a rubber grommet as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the harness from the AmpPro that plugs into the far right of the Bose amp. You can tap the front doors, the Bassbox/rear center, or both with it:

View attachment 280413
Thank you so much for this. I spent all day yesterday trying to find wiring diagrams or something to figure out where I could tap in to add a simple sub. This was perfect! By the by, you wouldn't happen to know what the polarity is for the factory sub wiring would you? I couldn't find which amp pro that 8 pin sub harness came from to check if there was wiring listed on PACs website 😅thanks again!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Thank you so much for this. I spent all day yesterday trying to find wiring diagrams or something to figure out where I could tap in to add a simple sub. This was perfect! By the by, you wouldn't happen to know what the polarity is for the factory sub wiring would you? I couldn't find which amp pro that 8 pin sub harness came from to check if there was wiring listed on PACs website 😅thanks again!
In that picture of the 8-pin harness, the striped blue wire is negative. I think the sub signal is mono so it might not even matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you need a hi/lo converter?

·
Registered
13 Posts
What worked out better for me was to run the Bass-box signal as a separate input into the amp instead of summing it with the front door signal. Since the factory sub is "matched" with the front cowl speakers, grabbing that as your separate sub input is likely just as good to get your subwoofer time aligned.
How did you access the wires to it? I have the 21 turbo sedan and I think I found it in the trunk (rear column), although I do not see wires coming out of it. I believe I have to access them from the top of it and may have to remove the plastic trim from the interior of the vehicle. How did you do it?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
How did you access the wires to it? I have the 21 turbo sedan and I think I found it in the trunk (rear column), although I do not see wires coming out of it. I believe I have to access them from the top of it and may have to remove the plastic trim from the interior of the vehicle. How did you do it?
I used the AmpPro harness mentioned above and plugged that into the rightmost, 8-pin plug on the factory Bose amp below the passenger seat. Then ran those 2 blue wires into a LOC, then that to an aftermarket amp via RCA to power the new sub.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts