2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the bose amp with a kicker 800.5 amp, and it is all great with one issue. When i-stop shuts down the engine, when it restarts the engine, the amp loses power for a moment and the sound cuts out for a few seconds. I've tried tapping the grey "acc" wire coming out of the TAU, and also tried using tap a fuse on the inside fuse #11 , but they both exhibit the same behavior.

Has anyone managed to get amp remote power working alongside the i-stop system with no cut outs?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Has anyone managed to get amp remote power working alongside the i-stop system with no cut outs?
I'm also having a similar problem but with a hardwire dash camera and battery pack, every time i-Stop starts and restarts, there is small power loss and my battery pack beeps. I would say that when i-Stops starts operating it does not provide enough power consumptions to the ports of these items, and when it restarts these systems consider it as a voltage loss. Hopefully somebody has a fix for this, but for now disable i-Stop when you are driving, that is what I do sometimes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts