2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I wait for my Mazda 3 hatchback, I've been scrolling through some aftermarket wheel options. I'm thinking of 18" and I'm looking at style, quality, lightness, and price.

I came across the AME FS-01 wheel - I'm thinking of ordering a set in bronze.

Apparently, AME works with ENKEI Japan, which produces this wheel using its MAT process of hybrid casting and flow-forming. Apparently, this produces a strong and light wheel at a reasonable price. Of course, forged wheels are even stronger, but they're out of my price range.

Does anyone have experience with this wheel? Any recommendations on where to buy? Thanks!

Some quick pics for reference:

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
I think you should wait till you get ur car then see how wide of a wheel you can fit.. Say if a 9.5 inch wide wheel is possible with 265 tire you should go for that instead settling for a 7.5 with 225.. Just sayin... XD

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
AME is kind of like a boutique Enkei, they're made the same way, similar weight, but prettier and more intricate.

You getting the 2014 3? Wait till you have car in hand to do some measurements, and then refer to the wheel fitment guide I wrote to figure out what you can and can't fit under the new suspension platform and bodyshell. When I looked at the car there should've been enough space for up to 18x10 if you felt like going there.

Reactions: icezzz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ razerer - Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I should probably wait till my car arrives. But I'm terrible at waiting.

@ color0 - Thanks for clarifying the relationship between AME and ENKEI. It gives me more re-assurance about the quality.

I'm going for something like this quick photoshop (as posted in my intro thread):

·
Registered
276 Posts
@ razerer - Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I should probably wait till my car arrives. But I'm terrible at waiting.

@ color0 - Thanks for clarifying the relationship between AME and ENKEI. It gives me more re-assurance about the quality.

I'm going for something like this quick photoshop (as posted in my intro thread):

wow that looks amazing man!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I have to admit but Im kinda excited to see the next gen and what people do! This actually looks pretty damn good!

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I get my white wheels I'll be using Opti-Coat 2.0 to ease the cleaning of them. Would rather pay more and save time cleaning then having to scrub them every other week.LOL

·
OCR4LIFE
20 Posts

It's funny to me how all the Mazda literature on the '14 shows absolutely no wheel gap whatsoever. I know you photochopped the wheels you like onto this pic. But it reminded me of the brochures I was looking at and then the reality of what it REALLY looks like in person just doesn't match up LOL. I love my new MZ3S GT HB, but man oh man does it ever need a drop!

Sorry to hijack your wheel thread. Love them, by the way! I'm already looking around for something as well.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts