2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Europe there is this recall going on for Mazda 3 and CX-30.

I have the information "Control Unit Reprogramming" but I would like to have more info specially regarding which problem is it addressing. Does any one have additional info?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a CX-30 in the US and my car was updated with SSPC5 which appears to be similar to AM005A by their descriptions. Below is what I posted about the SSPC5 update. Some of updates involved multiple modules. Obviously, they may not be identical updates.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like is the same thing

By the way in Portugal 2 people reported already that the reprogramming made the car going more loose/free in a good sense. Maybe is a bit psycologic but is interesting as both said it in different groups I'm in. One drives a diesel and the other a Skyactiv-X

·
Registered
1 Posts
da2el

After received this update few days ago,

also i can confirm that car running more smoothly - sorry i dont now how to better explain it.

Anyway something change and it is better now.

My car - Skyactiv-X 2020

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recall done yesterday on my car. Not how I expected.
They plugged in a OBDII device and the device did everything by itself.
In the end it just tells us that 5 modules were updated but because it was not done by connecting the car to a computer, I have no idea which modules were these.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest I can't feel any difference.
Other owners said their MRCC was to hard on brakes and re-accelerate but I never felt it like that so it seems to work the same for me. Of course something was done.

On the cylinder deactivation side where I was hoping for some improvement... not at all :( only on the first kms while the system does not wake up... that was a smooth drive. Now back to before...

·
Registered
56 Posts
After TSB I can confirm MRCC control more soft on brake and acceleration.

For CD not sure for now, maybe there is small evolution or let's say little less noticable, but we will see after few hundred kms..

G122 EU 2019

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've gotten this recall in the mail today (Croatia), and I'm going to the dealership next tuesday to get it fixed. In the recall they specify 3 potential problems which affect the following:
  1. Battery drain caused by the CCU (Climate Control Unit) and BCM (Body Control Module) not shutting down once the car is shut down - affects both the M3 and CX-30
    • I've personally not experienced this as far as I'm aware
  2. MRCC (Mazda Radar Cruise Control) being too jerky (sudden acceleration or deceleration) - affects M3 and CX-30
    1. This is very noticeable on the highway once i get closer to slower moving trucks - the braking is quite sudden and hard, although the acceleration afterwards feels fine. The radar works fine with cars though (both braking and accelerating.
  3. Anti theft system on CX-30 with an automatic lift gate and keyless go - apparently the alarm could go off on the CX-30 when you press the lift gate button on the key fob - I don't own a CX-30 so I can't confirm this.
Once the fix has been applied by my dealer I'll go test it out and report back.

Have a nice day, cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts