2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
My daughter graduated college and is looking at a Mazda3, probably used 2014-2018. The Infotainment system is impressive, but if it breaks, it looks expensive. I am very much a minimalist on cars - I drive a 99 4runner and a 89 Volvo 240=ultra reliable and no payments. Aftermarket stereos with bluetooth. So my questions:
1. are these glitchy and break?
2. are they a fortune to get fixed?
3. can the user upgrade the firmware without hacking the system and bricking it? not to install some cool tweak but just to get it back to reliable.
4. is the car drivable if infotainment center dies?
5. can an aftermarket stereo be installed and abandon the infotainment system

I am trying to set her up for the holy grail - modern and reliable. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi All
My daughter graduated college and is looking at a Mazda3, probably used 2014-2018. The Infotainment system is impressive, but if it breaks, it looks expensive. I am very much a minimalist on cars - I drive a 99 4runner and a 89 Volvo 240=ultra reliable and no payments. Aftermarket stereos with bluetooth. So my questions:
1. are these glitchy and break?
2. are they a fortune to get fixed?
3. can the user upgrade the firmware without hacking the system and bricking it? not to install some cool tweak but just to get it back to reliable.
4. is the car drivable if infotainment center dies?
5. can an aftermarket stereo be installed and abandon the infotainment system

I am trying to set her up for the holy grail - modern and reliable. Thanks for your input.
@Timotheos absolute vital information what is the car Infotainment system firmware version? (if fw < 59.00.502, but > 55 void all questions 1-5, save yourself a big headache download and install AA v1.14b via usb thumbdrive) connect your andriod device and enjoy your new/used car.

1. No, unless u break the hardware.
2. refer to q1.
3. Yes if you know what you're doing. AA unofficial is not a cool tweak, its an almost must have tweak/app for "modern and reliable" vehicle.
4. Yes, car still drivable if you brick your cmu unit for not following upgrade/downgrade cmu instructions properly.
5. Yes, check youtube "mazda bravigo" import from oversea 10 inch widescreen.

"I am trying to set her up for the holy grail - modern and reliable"???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts