2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some subs that i bought where the eclipse is pretty much brand new and the alpine has been used for a little bit. I got it for a great deal where both were 180 shipped to me. Just wondering which one do you guys think is the better sub. I am thinking of putting one in my 3 and selling the other but am not sure which is the better sounding sub. The guy i bought it off said that the eclipse (10") is more powerful than the alpine (12"). So yeah what do you guys think? which one is better and which should i install?

ECLIPSE Subwoofers SW6210/SW6010 | Fujitsu Ten

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the Alpine, they are a fantastic unit. As soon as I can figure out whether I am selling my 3 for a WRX I will be dropping the Bose for Alpine.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would take the Eclipse over the Alpine. Not that it isn't a good unit, but the Eclipse is over all a better sub. If you were comparing the Alpine Type R or X, then it might be a little closer of a contest. You will find the Eclipse has better power handling and a much clear bass response.

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
I've actually had both and currently have the SW6010 in a ported box tuned low in my 3, Eclipse is a far better sub. That's it in my avatar!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts