2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the dash kit , read the instructions on the proper wiring model that was recommended . Had the alpine was free to install at bestbuy . Finally have android auto for the base model 2015 mazda3 . Bluetooth works perfect , pandora app and xm radio as well . no spotify app . * but can be used as bluetooth or on android auto

Uploaded pics but not sure if they work.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do this cost you all in? This will be interesting to compare against the installed cost at a dealer for the official Mazda carplay retrofit
i had no idea that was even an option yet ? How much does that run ? This was 506 OTD installed and lifetime warranty

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do this cost you all in? This will be interesting to compare against the installed cost at a dealer for the official Mazda carplay retrofit
but also mine was the bone stock radio ..no touch screen ..no center knob ..no bluetooth ...im sure it mus be cheaper for just a firmare update and usb connector change for those with better headunit other than base bone stock

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the control knob and buttons still work?
for the AC yes ..if you mean the knobs by the E brake and shifter ? I couldnt tell you .my base trim only has storage/ cubby whole there. Never came with the rotating knob's like Isport models do

·
Registered
1 Posts
That looks great! Do the steering wheel controls still work? How about the CD player in the bottom of the center console. I also have the base model and am interested in this upgrade. Ideally, I'd like to add the OEM backup camera too if it is the right signal that the Alpine can accept. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great! Do the steering wheel controls still work? How about the CD player in the bottom of the center console. I also have the base model and am interested in this upgrade. Ideally, I'd like to add the OEM backup camera too if it is the right signal that the Alpine can accept. Thanks!
You can get the adapter that will let the steering wheel controls work (audio , volume etc) and you can also add the back up camera with this alpine. For CD player im sure ut will work .. my mazda 3 didnt come with any of these features tho lol..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Purchased the dash kit , read the instructions on the proper wiring model that was recommended . Had the alpine was free to install at bestbuy . Finally have android auto for the base model 2015 mazda3 . Bluetooth works perfect , pandora app and xm radio as well . no spotify app . * but can be used as bluetooth or on android auto

Uploaded pics but not sure if they work.
How's it holding up? I'm interested in doing this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts