2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this color leather? Its only been two weeks since i got the car and driver seat is getting dirty. I lightly rubbed it and it comes off but what can i use to protect it so it won't get dirty quickly

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Does anyone else have this color leather? Its only been two weeks since i got the car and driver seat is getting dirty. I lightly rubbed it and it comes off but what can i use to protect it so it won't get dirty quickly

^This the color of your interior?

Just clean with a leather protectant (make sure its silicone free) and be careful. I am not sure if you can scotch guard the seats that may be an option. When we had tan leather in our TL it was never really an issue since we never ate in the car or had dirty clothes. And when we took it to the mechanic we covered the seat, steering wheel, shifter, etc with bags so grease wouldnt soil the interior.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i have that same interior. I don't know why i guess its my black pants. I have Lexus Leather cleaner and conditioner, i was gonna give that a shot. If you suggest scotch guard then ill give that a try

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Yeah i have that same interior. I don't know why i guess its my black pants. I have Lexus Leather cleaner and conditioner, i was gonna give that a shot. If you suggest scotch guard then ill give that a try
Yeah it could be, I do know blue jeans temporarily stain leather. When I wore jeans in the TL it had a tinge of blue but wiped off easily since the leather was protected.

I think when the leather is properly conditioned and kept clean, it tends to stay clean. Since your interior is not black or grey, its gonna be more obvious but the same care is required for black interior too...its just not readily seen.

I googled 3M scotch guard leather and yep, thats definitely an option.

Scotchgard™ Leather Protector :3M US

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, i had black leather in my Lexus, never really noticed much until i cleaned the leather. Im going to give Scotchguard a try and see how it works out

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yea, i had black leather in my Lexus, never really noticed much until i cleaned the leather. Im going to give Scotchguard a try and see how it works out
Don't use scotch guard on leather it's for cloth upholstery. Just use leather cleaner and condition the leather spring and fall.
Pat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts