2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

All warning lights came on.

25K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Goincrazy21 
#1 ·
My daughter was driving to her apartment yesterday and as she got ready to pull in all the warning lights came on and the power steering went. I drove to check on it this morning and the battery was completely dead. Battery was 4 years old and being my daughters car i changed it out for a new one anyway. Started car up and after just a few seconds all the lights come back on. I'm thinking bad alternator. Anyone else have this happen on a gen 2? Her car is a 2010, my old car actually.

#5 ·
This just happened to my wife while I'm at work. We took it to the shop to get an oil change, she drove it home a few miles away and everything was fine, the fallowing day she left in it a few miles then out of nowhere all of the lights came on the dash and power steering went out???
For us this is still a problem.
Did you actually find out if it was the alternator or what??..

#6 · (Edited)
I am also wondering about this. Had this issue in May and had the alternator replaced, it was good for about 2 month and then did it again. Had the fan and the fan model replaced. Drove it for a day to get my kid to college and it did it again. It is currently in the shop and I would like to get it fixed once and for all.

Each time this has happened I have gotten a CEL and the OBDII scan has shown
P0883

#7 ·
I am also wondering about this. Had this issue in May and had the alternator replaced, it was good for about 2 month and then did it again. Had the fan and the fan model replaced. Drove it for a day to get my kid to college and it did it again. It is currently in the shop and I would like to get it fixed once and for all.

Each time this has happened I have gotten a CEL and the OBDII scan has shown
P0883
What did you ever figure out. My car is doing the same after replacing both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.