2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to stay with all seasons sized at 205/60/16 and considering the Pirelli Cinturato P7s, but I keep coming across bad performance in the wet. I'm having difficulty seeing any better suggestions for this specific size. I'm seeing the Continental DWS06s come up a lot which would be my front runner but they don't come in 205/60/16 and I'm pretty adverse about going to another size as I don't want it to affect my speedometer & odometer readings. Any suggestions are welcome other than saying go winter tires or 18"; unfortunately I don't have the money or space for two sets.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am very happy so far with my Michelin CROSSCLIMATE+ XL in 205/60/16 since fitted in August this year. Tested as best overall all season tyre by the Dutch AA in 2016, but maybe not available in your market. It was qualified as a very good summer tyre and as a bit better than adequate winter tyre.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I replaced the OEM tires with General Altimax RT34 (H-rated) and they have excellent "wet" performance. Also, worth consideration are the Continental TrueContacts but got the Altimax tires since they were on sale (btw Continental owns General Tire).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ronnie. Unfortunately it sooks like they don't have those in the states. Seems like they'd be a solid pick though. Maybe I can cross-check the pictures of the tread with some US market tires from them.
LeeMazda3, how many miles do you have on those? I was seeing people say that they start to drop off a bit hard for inclement weather after about 10-15k miles.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
26 Posts
LeeMazda3, how many miles do you have on those? I was seeing people say that they start to drop off a bit hard for inclement weather after about 10-15k miles.
I have just a bit over 10k miles on the RT43s and they still give excellent performance; note that they are inflated to 38-40PSI since they have a more flexible sidewall than the OEM Yokohamas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts