2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let people know AlienTech which most tuners use in the UK now supports our Mazda 3 Skyactiv 2.2D MY2015 via OBD tuning once updated to V2.22.......Full support for read - write - and checksum correction.

Check with your local tuner......

Ken

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My first tune complete.....this is with the Odula intercooler and a K&N panel filter....we never saw inlet temps above 45 degrees so the intercooler is doing a good job.

206 bhp
496 Nm / 365 ft/lb

There is still going to be a bit more work on the plotted power dip when the turbos change over.....but I cannot feel the dip shown on the graph when driving.

Ken

·
Registered
87 Posts
Excellent result, especially with Nm. Mine is maxed out between 2200-2800rpm (463Nm max, very similiar graph in that range), so nearly 500Nm is kind of record I guess. Congrats!
Whats your exhaust temps? Reaching 900 °C?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice results with the torque there. What's the exhaust temperature that should make us worry?

·
Axela AWD driver
116 Posts
Any chance they can improve the power band a bit? From 4000rpm
Just raise the power at higher rpms, or is the motor limited by the exhaust already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the drop off after 4000rpm is due to turbo efficiency dropping off rapidly.....even though the 2.2D has 2 turbos sequential they are still only very small.

Anyway......its still very quick....it surprises alot of people who think "its just a Mazda 3"....LOL

Reactions: JTA
1 - 7 of 7 Posts