2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Didn't lower the car as much as I wanted to...trying to avoid rubbing. I can't afford to be replacing tires so I'm gonna hold off a bit. Decided I'm gonna get front endlinks on my next paycheck. Afterwards, I'll probably lower a little more.

As far as measurements go, from fenders to the ground, its approximately 24.5" all around. I have about 4.5 inches of clearance from sideskirt to ground.

Getting an alignment tomorrow, gonna try to detail the car as well and do another photoshoot tomorrow night i hope.

Ah, also tightened up the rear shocks. At my height, with the front at full stiff and the rears 2 clicks from full stiff, these BC's are surprisingly comfortable. And this is without an alignment

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
They used to, I think I got that sweet spot now of the right negative camber and enough fender plastic grinded down/cut out so I don't rub hardly ever now. I had a full car last night of 5 people that were decent size, my fender was tucking the tire, almost touching my rim on the left rear, frame scraping on every shopping center entrance, but pretty much no rubbing though so no worries.

·
Registered
256 Posts
oh crazzy lol! Is it hard to cut the plastic inside the fenders? and / is dat for your front / rear inner plastic fenders cause on the front fenders i have my Hid ballast Zap strapped down by my fog lights lol where the plastic covers it in my wheel well lol.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Yeah it was intense haha. Nah it's pretty easy to get rid of the plastic. In the front, I only have some of my plastic cut out, i didn't take out the whole liner or anything, only the part directly above the wheel. Just scissors worked. The rear took the most work, dremel tool to the bumper tab, where the fender meets the bumper. It's a hard plastic/metal so that need a tools. And then i just took scissors and cut out some of the liner from the rear bumper, basically wherever was rubbing my tires.

·
Registered
255 Posts
81 - 88 of 88 Posts