2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Akrynym---pictures please!!! We've all been patiently awaiting them.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I'll snap a couple today with a cheap digital camera, i promise haha. I'm waiting til next week to have an actual shoot with my friend who's into photography.

Got a friend to snap quite a few photos. He's gonna edit them and all that so hopefully they will be ready tonight. Thanks for your patience guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
good shit man!.... remember.. this will happen to your car soon

you'll rip the plastic cover by your tires
On the front wheel wells, just take out those staples and only keep in the front half of the plastic wheel well. It solves that problem but makes it look nicer. Oh and where yours was ripped apart by the tire, that is covering up a pinch weld. Also a problem if you are trying to go slammed.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm going to go lower so i think i will hammer down the pinch weld, and yep, taking out half the liner is working well for me so far. I'm going over to my friends house in a few to check on the photos and help him out cause his computer conveniently has a virus right now.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Looks good. Looks like you could go an 1" lower (for pics) if you wanted.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
Nice! Very nice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks great! They're 18x8.5 +30 all around, right? I swear that each 2nd gen is different and fitment varies from one to the next.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yep, same size/offset all around. I think what I'll do is go about a half inch lower all around (the fronts aren't even yet either, so once i even them out the rear will drop more).

Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments. So excited for all this.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Lookin' good! Weird how my 18" x 8.5 +48's look as flush as your +30's
His fenders are rolled/pulled. Yours are stock :yes:

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yeah they are pulled a good amount, and the left rear is getting more of a pull tomorrow. Tire got shredded up a bit but it's minor fortunately.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I couldn't tell you in millimeters as we never measured, but yes, my fenders have flared a bit all around. It's pretty much impossible to get the fender to line up with bumper, as the bumper inside is plastic and can't be rolled/pulled, only shaved down.

It's nothing too noticeable, but you can tell the fender doesn't line up with the bumper when looking closely. It's fine with this setup. But if i revert back to stock to sell in the future I would need to add some spacers to the wheels to make it look okay.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
You have no idea how much i wana go low now after seeing the car in person and these pics T_T
That's exactly what happened with me. I bought my MX-5 rims from a fellow MOCCer who was on coilovers, and that was it, I was sold.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can you take a few pictures angled down the side of your car? There's a few pictures that are close but I was hoping to see like parallel to the side of the car to see how much the fenders are modded and the rim pokeage :)

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Yep I will have more pictures up most likely sunday or early next week. Had to push back the fender roll and adjustments to saturday, then I need an alignment.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts