2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Throw on the wheels. I wanna see how much poke and if you need a pull.
I want to so badly but I'll need an alignment since they're so much wider, and then I'll need an alignment after i drop and the coilover springs settle so I'm trying to do everything at once. Don't wanna kill the brand new tires

As soon as the coilovers come in I'm going to get everything on as soon as possible so I'll update frequently

EDIT: And thanks for everyone showing interest

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
You don't need an alignment if you just throw wheels on! It's only when you lower that the camber gets more negative and the toe goes outward somewhat that you need an alignment.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think my alignment is off in the front. But i don't know, I'll see this weekend. If the guy that rolled my rears is around I may just do it. Will help see if i need the fronts done anyways.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Cant wait to see the final pics! I got my SPC camber links sitting in the living room, I need to get motivated to install them. Whats this special tool needed to get it done in 20 minutes?

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
cant wait to see your car done. you ever goto the chm?
Only been once a while back, I will be actively going this summer once this is complete :yes:

EDIT: Coilovers are finally in the U.S on the east coast. Hopefully in a week everything will be on :thumbup1 1:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Only been once a while back, I will be actively going this summer once this is complete :yes:

EDIT: Coilovers are finally in the U.S on the east coast. Hopefully in a week everything will be on :thumbup1 1:
Put them wheels on NOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!:argh 1::argh 1::argh 1:

I'm dying to see what 18x8.5 ET30 looks like on our cars. Seriously, even if it's just 1 or 2 wheels on one side of the car for picture purposes.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Cant wait to see the final pics! I got my SPC camber links sitting in the living room, I need to get motivated to install them. Whats this special tool needed to get it done in 20 minutes?
On the right side you need to get an ratcheting open ended wrench, craftsman sells them, mine was 20 bucks. DID NOT have to even touch the box.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
If going 18x8.5 i would get the 20 offset for a bigger lip and stretch a 205 tire on it, it'll fit.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ahhhh....well the bolts for the rear shocks arent long enough for the bc's. Bunch of work today for nothing. Gotta try to find longer bolts this week. In the process of putting the h&r's and stock struts back in. Sigh.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well the guy helping install is worried that simply replacing it with a longer bolt could be too much stress. He wants to see if BC will ship me the part of the shock that holds the bolt that is for the 09+ (BC sent me 04+ coilovers) because it is shorter, thus allowing the bolt to have enough room/length. However, I don't want to put up with BC's 2+ weeks wait times because of international shipping. Not sure what I'm going to do...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Like someone mentioned earlier... go to Ace Hardware and find the right size bolt there. There are multiple grades/quality levels of bolts. Make sure you get the strongest (most expensive:tongue:) grade they have. I think it's grade 8? Ask someone there.

If you get that, it'll be plenty strong if not stronger than whatever hardware BC would send you. It's marked on the head of the bolt. The number of marks is its grade. What was the one that it came with?

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well we were going to initially go the longer bolt route but right now we're just waiting to get the 2nd gen shock bottoms from BC. I was supposed to hear back yesterday...so hopefully tonight. Waiting sucks.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
To everyone following along, I'm picking up the bolts today and everything will be installed tomorrow. Plenty of pictures of course. Thanks guys.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts