2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Akrynym's "flush" Build Thread (Teaser pic now up)

Some teaser pics on page 7, car is not fully ready yet

Thought I would start this in anticipation of my new setup. I'm pretty damn excited, everything should be ready next week sometime, and pics of before and after will follow of course.

Anyways, my current mods..

2010 Mazda3 Black Mica 6spd 5door

Engine:
CorkSport SRI
CorkSport MM Inserts (Switching to full mount soon)
Advanced Timing Mod (Being done next week)
Exhaust eventually..

Suspension:
BC Racing Coilovers w/ Extreme Drop Kit & Front Camber Plates & SPC Rear Camber Arms
Privat Akzent 18/8.5/+30
Hankook Evo V12 225/40/18

Exterior/Other:
DDM 6k 35w Raptors
DDM Yellow Halogen Fogs w/ Lamin-X Overlays
JBarone Shifter Bushings
CorkSport LED Light Kit
RallyArmor Mudflaps (coming soon)
35/15/5% Tint
Lumar Clear Bra

Sneak preview...

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Did you get adjustable rear camber with the BC's. Your going to need it..............and a roll and a pull! Pretty freekin aggressive setup, IMO :eek:hmy 1: :eek:hmy 1: :yes:

Reactions: Akrynym

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far just the fronts that come with BC's, which I will definitely need. The rear has a really good roll and pull, the guy who did it did an excellent job and has been very helpful.

I am going to get the SPC rear camber arms soon though, i need another paycheck first :tongue:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I thought BC's could be bought with adj rear camber as an option.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you're correct warlord, i need to check for my specific part number though cause some don't have it available if i recall. I will find out though, see which one is cheaper. For some reason it went over my head so thanks for the reminder

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
It might be worth it even if they are more than the SPC's. SPC's are a pita to install and adjust.

Reactions: Akrynym

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
So far just the fronts that come with BC's, which I will definitely need. The rear has a really good roll and pull, the guy who did it did an excellent job and has been very helpful.

I am going to get the SPC rear camber arms soon though, i need another paycheck first :tongue:
Did Anthony do your fender roll? He did mine too. Great job, and cheap!

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered BC Rear Camber plates, 2nd day air shipped so everything will be ready to go next week. I can't drop any more money on this I'm done haha. Gonna be a couple months before another mod :tongue:

Did Anthony do your fender roll? He did mine too. Great job, and cheap!
Roll/pull was actually done by markspd6 from MOCC. And he offered to be there on the day of my installs to see if i need the pull up front :yes:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Must be exciting with new toys. I'm waiting on prices for some wheels. Anyway, you guys going to or have the front pulled? I wonder how it's done.

·
Zoomin' Senior Member
356 Posts
I left the fronts alone, I only did the rears. "akrynym" let's see some pic's!!

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My fronts aren't rolled for now, I might need it but I'll know next week. There isn't much to roll except a few inches of fender, and pulling out the fender liner.

My friend is borrowing my SLR right now but I'm trying to get it back today. So hopefully I can at least get pictures of the wheels tonight.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Pics of the BC rear camber plates when you get them would be cool too. I've searched but I can't find a pic of what they look like.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics of the BC rear camber plates when you get them would be cool too. I've searched but I can't find a pic of what they look like.
Will do, I started researching more and some people are speculating their existence :001_unsure: I ordered them from import image racing, confirmed legit by various subie forums. But I sent them an email to see if they have ones for my actual model number. BC's site still does read "Adjustable Rear Camber plates available"

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bah, I was just told camber plates do not fit in the rears. I sent an email to cancel the BC's. I'm going with the SPC's. They are a bitch, but at least they're reliable and I think I already know where I want my camber.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Saving grace with the SPC's is that the driver side takes only ten minutes to install. The pass side takes two hours if you do it right and don't take a crowbar to the little metal box thats in the way. Even with the fustration they're worth it to get the rears super flush without poking or rubbing. Have fun on install day! :tongue:

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
I got both done in about 20 minutes a side, you need the right wrench from the right side.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts