2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I don't post here much, but thought you guys would like to see this. I've owned 3 Mazdas in 8 years, this is my latest. Finally finished my work for this summer, I decided there was only one way to get down, so I bagged it. Air Lift V2 management, AirREX struts. I'll try to get a full review up in the next few weeks. Had the RS on my 2007 sedan last year, but I still love them no matter how many cars I see them on.

Shot these in between rain showers (literally). Enjoy!

(Full set: Flickr)

IMG_7211-Edit by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7240-Edit by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7228 by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7237 by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7247-Edit by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7224 by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7238 by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

My command centre....... just had to remove the cig lighter cover.

IMG_7250 by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

IMG_7252 by Steve Hayward, on Flickr

A quick cut of the system in action:

YouTube link

Also just got featured on Stance Is Everything, thanks to Dave_the_BMXer!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very clean wheels look tiny though hahah
Thanks! No moneys for 3-piece 18s unfortunately. But I'm happy with them.

I'm in love.
Thanks! Honestly I am too. I air out when I park, then just look at it lol. I know, narcissistic.

Nice work! I'll have to check the flicker page later to see if you have photos of the build
Haven't posted any up yet. I will go through those photos and do a build/review post or thread.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got just a hair under $3K into mine, including random extra fittings. Air Lift and AirRex were both amazing on pricing, as both myself and a wild wide-bodied 1st gen Mazda 3 bought the kits in pairs over the winter.

Regular pricing is about $2200 for the suspension and $12-1300 for the management IIRC.

Most of the installation was done myself, with my trusted mechanic doing the struts etc which is as easy as coilovers. The systems are VERY easy to install.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you have any pics of your driving ride height or do you vary it depending on mood and road conditions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will grab some. I've got a couple of presets, one pretty low for just me (or me & the kid), a medium one when others are in the car, and a high one for massive speedbumps and driveways.

·
3 Pedals of fun!
498 Posts
Normally I would say that I dont like those rims.... but they look great on your car! Your car just looks awesome. Are your tail lights vinyl or spray? I want to make mine all red too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
a video would be sweet too ;), i'm just saying...
Check the bottom of the first post...

Normally I would say that I dont like those rims.... but they look great on your car!
Your car just looks awesome. Are your tail lights vinyl or spray? I want to make mine all red too.
Thanks! The lights are done with VHT Niteshade, red, smoke, and clear.

Damn 3k is still too much for me haha but it'd be so sick!

How high does it go? Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Check the video for max height with my settings.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
so can you drive with it dumped and when you need more clearance raise it? Cuz I'd drive it dumped until I needed it higher, if I could.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts