2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to wrap the silver/aluminum vent borders. I don't want to break any clips but I would like to wrap it the right way by removing the piece and wrapping it away from the rest of the vent. Is there a way to do this or is it manufactured as part of the entire vent assembly?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking to wrap the silver/aluminum vent borders. I don't want to break any clips but I would like to wrap it the right way by removing the piece and wrapping it away from the rest of the vent. Is there a way to do this or is it manufactured as part of the entire vent assembly?
Having wrapped the trim myself I can definitely confirm that the silver trim on the side vents is extremely easy to pop out with the help of a plastic tool/small flat head. It is just retained by a couple of small plastic clips. The service manual provides a good guide on how to remove the pieces although you'll want to be careful with the side vents because there is an bottom-inner 'hook' piece that is thin plastic and easy to damage (I damaged mine but it didn't make a difference to the secure fit). I can't remember about the silver trim in the middle though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having wrapped the trim myself I can definitely confirm that the silver trim on the side vents is extremely easy to pop out with the help of a plastic tool/small flat head. It is just retained by a couple of small plastic clips. The service manual provides a good guide on how to remove the pieces although you'll want to be careful with the side vents because there is an bottom-inner 'hook' piece that is thin plastic and easy to damage (I damaged mine but it didn't make a difference to the secure fit). I can't remember about the silver trim in the middle though.
Thanks my friend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts