2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a mazda 3 sedan sports car. I've recently seen photos of similar vehicles which have lowered their suspension with air suspension. I've become inspired to attempt to do this to my own car. One down side, is I have no idea where to start. Which kits are the best? Is there any guide on how to install the kit?

Thanks..

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is the post Badseed was talkin about ==>http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/mazda-3-parts-buy-sell/186170-fs-parts-dump-air-ride-strut-bar-lowering-springs-wheels-etc.html

As far as guides go i havent seen anyone do one on this forum...i assume its because all airbags systems are pretty much the same set up procedure..the only thing thats unique are the struts which you get in the kit...you can find a bunch of how to videos on youtube like the one below that give you a pretty detailed break down about how to do the install.

If you go for it...please do us a favor and do a write up, im sure the forum would greatly appreciate it :thumbup1 1:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Hello everyone, I have a mazda 3 sedan sports car. I've recently seen photos of similar vehicles which have lowered their suspension with air suspension. I've become inspired to attempt to do this to my own car. One down side, is I have no idea where to start. Which kits are the best? Is there any guide on how to install the kit?

Thanks..
Consult @Loud3 & @Pigzibit. They'll point you to the right direction.:)

·
Registered
70 Posts

Thanks..
I have a complete, high quality kit. Willing to sell cheap because I NEED it gone. Will guide you with any questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks..
I'm pretty New, but I know a good air suspension setup. Google, Air Lift Performance Air Performance Suspension. I would use a link but I am still too new and this won't allow me to. Anyways, they have a great air suspension kit. I know a guy who has this installed on his 2015 Mazda 3 sedan and he can change the height of his car up to 5 inches. It's a great setup but does require you to use a little trunk space for the pump and all. If you want to check him out, look up Nasirmian1 Mazda 3 on Google or instagram he shows up.

Hope this helps!

·
Achtung!
879 Posts

AirRex, AirForce Suspension and Because Bags all make airbags/struts for the 3rd generation Mazda 3.

Air Lift does not make a native kit for the Mazda 3 past 2013.

Management (valves, compressors, tanks, etc etc etc) are fairly universal.

For what it's worth, I loved my AirForce setup, and I know many that love their BecauseBags setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm pretty New, but I know a good air suspension setup. Google, Air Lift Performance Air Performance Suspension. I would use a link but I am still too new and this won't allow me to. Anyways, they have a great air suspension kit. I know a guy who has this installed on his 2015 Mazda 3 sedan and he can change the height of his car up to 5 inches. It's a great setup but does require you to use a little trunk space for the pump and all. If you want to check him out, look up Nasirmian1 Mazda 3 on Google or instagram he shows up.

Hope this helps!
Airlift only makes the management system, not the compressor or the actual struts that you will need specific to the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Airlift only makes the management system, not the compressor or the actual struts that you will need specific to the vehicle.
You are correct about that, but Air Force suspension works with Air Lift and you can get the Air Force performance struts and compressors with the Air Lift management system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts