2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is mthe intake duct to the stock intake behind the weather stripping? It makes it seem like it's drawing air from the engine bay. Is it not?

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Considering its got lower IAT's than pretty much every aftermarket intake offered to us, I would say negative, it cannot be drawing air from the engine bay.

Reactions: M3Nitro

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks like the rubber seal goes around the intake “mouth” on the top, if you look closely underneath the hood, you’ll see a dent where is directly above the intake.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk

·
Banned
842 Posts
Why is mthe intake duct to the stock intake behind the weather stripping? It makes it seem like it's drawing air from the engine bay. Is it not?
After reading countless threads and responses on the CAI and stock air intake system... I did some IAT data acquisitions and flow testing (using a Dyers flow meter) and have my own thoughts and idea's on the subject... keep an eye on my build thread. :wink2:

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
After reading countless threads and responses on the CAI and stock air intake system... I did some IAT data acquisitions and flow testing (using a Dyers flow meter) and have my own thoughts and idea's on the subject... keep an eye on my build thread. /forums/images/Mazda3Revolution_2014/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
DIY SRI/icebox sorta like @arathol did? And corksport

·
Banned
842 Posts
DIY SRI/icebox sorta like [MEN****=292817]ara***[/MENTION] did? And corksport
Nope. I tend to do the 5 step process when projects are concerned. :laugh2:
If I suggest anything,conclusions,claims ect., I am sure it will get argued down. 0:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts