2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out from my dealer that Mazda USA is issuing a recall on the Mazda 3 Air Bag Warning Light problem. The replacement parts have been ordered and are on their way to the U.S. You should receive an official recall notification sometime soon.

On a personal note, I'm really glad that Mazda is being proactive about this problem and is addressing it asap. As for my son's new Mazda 3, aside from this intermittent warning light, it's been rock solid. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I took my car into the dealer to get the Homelink installed I asked them to look into the recall and they said my car does not apply, so its not for all 2019s I guess

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. That's interesting. For what it's worth, my son has a 2019 Mazda 3 Sedan (Preferred Package) in Machine Gray Metallic. According to the VIN, it was built in Japan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmm. That's interesting. For what it's worth, my son has a 2019 Mazda 3 Sedan (Preferred Package) in Machine Gray Metallic. According to the VIN, it was built in Japan.
65% of my premium soul red 2019 Mazda3 was built in Mexico. Had my warning light turned on within a week after purchase and it has been replaced now and all is well

·
Registered
316 Posts
Typed my VIN into Mazda Canada's Recall look up says I have a recall for
"'19 MAZDA3 INDICATOR UNIT CONCERN"

No more details then that when I look it up..

Going to give them a call next week.. Its nice that Mazda issues recalls so fast other manufacturers would have likely just hid the issue under the rug..

I have had 0 issues with my car and have about 4000km on it now..
I have a fully spec. AWD Canadian Hatch. Built in Japan.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the same car - mine is AWD. I had this problem crop up before the recall. Dealer had to have new part sent from Japan. Works fine now. PIA. I think this is par for the course when you buy a major refresh in the first year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I probably should also report that my car has been at the dealer since last Wednesday for another problem that cropped up for no apparent reason with a warning to get car inspected and that put the car in limp mode. It happened twice in a couple of weeks so I brought it in. Not sure when the car will come back to me. They said they have to check with Mazda and get back to me. No word yet. I'm driving a loaner.

UPDATE: My car is still at dealor's as of June 22. The dealer diagnosed a problem in a part in the exhaust system that is designed to adjust the back pressure when the car moves from 4 cyl to 2 cyl and back. At least that is how I understood what the service guy told me. The part is on order from Japan. Still waiting for part to arrive. My car has about 5.5K miles on it. I have loaner. Pretty annoying. More than annoying to be honest. This is my first experience with Mazda. Bad luck I guess. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts