2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1482 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The connector has a security bar (blue in the photo). If this is not opened while inserting the pin, then the pin can not be inserted. Open the security bar with a small screwdriver or something alike at the red marked places. Then insert the pin, then. Push the security bar to close it, before connecting the connector back to the cmu.
View attachment 280257
Yes, I did it.
Thank you very much for the help and guidance.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Reminder: The serial adapter should not stay connected permanently to the CMU. Only connect it, when in use. Otherwise it will drain your battery, as it receives data from the cmu even when the car is locked and it is not connected to a laptop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Reminder: The serial adapter should not stay connected permanently to the CMU. Only connect it, when in use. Otherwise it will drain your battery, as it receives data from the cmu even when the car is locked and it is not connected to a laptop.
How about the pin leave them connect but Serial adapter disconnect. 😅

I have some difficulties to remove the pins from the CMU connector;

Just curious that can downgrade software version to V56 so that there is no need to perform serial connection to get the tweak.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You have to unpin the pins in the connector if you want to remove them. Use e.g. a hair needle of your girl. Or use brute force - worked also some times for me, but the risk is, that the pin might stick in the connector and you remove the cable only.

No way to downgrade from 59.00.502 or higher to a lower version than 59.00.502. So no way to downgrade to FW 56.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to unpin the pins in the connector if you want to remove them. Use e.g. a hair needle of your girl. Or use brute force - worked also some times for me, but the risk is, that the pin might stick in the connector and you remove the cable only.

No way to downgrade from 59.00.502 or higher to a lower version than 59.00.502. So no way to downgrade to FW 56.
Thank you 🙏

It happened to me, the wire was pulled out, pin still left inside in the connector. 😅

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Example tools: Small screwdriver and a broken hair needle of my wife - these are the tools I use for the unpin process to unpin terminals from the front of the connector. Do not forget to open the security bar of the connector for pushing in a pin and pulling out a pin of a connector housing. For pushing the connector back to the CMU the security bar has to be pushed down, otherwise the connector will not go back in to the CMU.
20200704_171151.jpg security bar connector.JPG

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have any intention of using the AIO software to apply tweaks to your system, DON'T upgrade to .502. USB connectivity has been removed, so if you have tweaks and upgrade, you're stuck with them. If you upgrade before applying tweaks, you are effectively shut out of the system and AIO won't work. Stay tuned for further developments.

UPDATE------
See the how to for the work-around starting here on this page -

I have tried connecting using serial cable but the usb does not recognize these tx and rx ports for some reason. I have tried different usb to ttl but none of them works. The rx and tx only lights up when they touch the body which is not useful at all. please help.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
To me it looks like as if your pins/terminals (metal) are not deep enough in the connector. If you use the recommended/original pins/terminals, the metal can not be seen. Compare to the other cables in that connector - there you can not see the pins/terminals (metal). Have you opened the security bar like I showed in the post before yours, when inserting the pins/terminals? And do not forget to close the security bar afterwards, as without closing it, the connector can not be inserted in the CMU again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To me it looks like as if your pins/terminals (metal) are not deep enough in the connector. If you use the recommended/original pins/terminals, the metal can not be seen. Compare to the other cables in that connector - there you can not see the pins/terminals (metal). Have you opened the security bar like I showed in the post before yours, when inserting the pins/terminals? And do not forget to close the security bar afterwards, as without closing it, the connector can not be inserted in the CMU again.
i used my fingers to push it as much as possible, the tx and rx lights on my usb connector never lights up. i removed the metal pins and inserted wires directly and they still are not lighting up. Also, what do you mean by security bar? Do you mean the plastic clamp that's holding the connector? i never took it out from the port.

the pins come out whenever i insert them, how do you insert them so that they don't come out so easily? did you use the hairpin to insert the terminals?

·
Registered
301 Posts
i used my fingers to push it as much as possible, the tx and rx lights on my usb connector never lights up. i removed the metal pins and inserted wires directly and they still are not lighting up. Also, what do you mean by security bar? Do you mean the plastic clamp that's holding the connector? i never took it out from the port.

the pins come out whenever i insert them, how do you insert them so that they don't come out so easily? did you use the hairpin to insert the terminals?
@ad33b
You need to Strip more of the white and green wire about 2-3'inches (do not need pins/needle..etc). Disconnect the cable to the cmu unit. Thread the white wire all the way through as much as you can and pull/fold it up and over the connector. Do the same for the green wire but fold the wire downwards. Now making sure both wires are not touching each other and not coming out of the hole, at the same time slowly push the connector back to the cmu unit until it clicked or fully attached. Make sure to connect your black (ground) wire. I have used this method tonnes of times and it never failed. Everything should work. Report back your results.

Regards,
Radarwild

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
@ad33b : No wonder, your pins are not inserted correctly. Remove the connector from the CMU. Then see e.g. this video starting at 1:18 min. for the correct opening of the "security bar"/gate of the connector:
Once open, insert the pins. Once they are inserted, close/push down the "security bar"/gate and connect the connector back to the CMU.

At the moment your pins are not deep enough in the connector and they have no electrical connection. The "security bar"/gate prevents the pushing deep enough so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ad33b : No wonder, your pins are not inserted correctly. Remove the connector from the CMU. Then see e.g. this video starting at 1:18 min. for the correct opening of the "security bar"/gate of the connector:
Once open, insert the pins. Once they are inserted, close/push down the "security bar"/gate and connect the connector back to the CMU.

At the moment your pins are not deep enough in the connector and they have no electrical connection. The "security bar"/gate prevents the pushing deep enough so far.
So i was able to do it thanks to your help but now I after installing the aio tweaks, every time I restart my car, my clock resets itself and I need to adjust my time every time I start my car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everbody,
After a few months of frustration after my initial attempt to get 70.00.335 to work(Never had Tweaks Befre), I double checked my USB and noticed I never put in the "ID7_Recovery_XX," folder. I'm willing to try again :D
I'll reinstall .335 or try to downgrade to another version but was never able to fully try.

If you check the link above, its broken - straight from the ID7v2 page:
ID7 Recovery v2

Would appreciate if someone could toss me a bone and tell help me find the ID7_Recovery_XX folder and its contents or any other useful insight to help me finally get this going. I see lots of people do it successfully and wondering what disconnect I am having with these steps. I'm no stranger to SSH or Serial connections so its a "not right steps" vs "lack of skill" (id hope!) .

I had the serial connection done successfully and was playing in the matrix but never was able to login successfully to run any cmds. Kept saying incorrect login.

It also states in step 6 of the Serial install process: Serial Connection
"6. Press Enter in terminal and CMU will respond with ‘login’. For the next several steps make sure you do not make any spelling mistakes. It is probably best to copy and paste the commands (to paste you just need to right click in the terminal window)."
However the NEXT (7) step is to the reboot the CMU and login. In between pressing ENTER and rebooting - what in the world happens?

ID7 page in paralel says:
"When the update is finished the text will stop completely. After the update is complete, copy & paste this command:"

Is the USB supposed to autorun when serial connection is active even though i have not been able to log in?

Im missing a key part in understanding the steps with implementing ID7 and when it needs to be done.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes their time to answer any of the above.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
For .335 and .352 you need to do the serial process ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
For 59.00.502-70.00.100 you need the serial process ID7: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
Do not mix them up.

Link to XX files for ID7v2 is broken/file not available anymore. Please find attached the ID7v2 files that were online at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. Just rename the downloaded file and delete ".pdf" from the name, so that it becomes a zip again, then unzip the files. (uploading a zip here is not possible, that why).

Files for ID7 are available via AIO Tweaks.

At ID7v2 you have to do a new firmware install of .335 or .352 and at the end, when the commands flying by stop, then you have to paste the commands, while the XX files for ID7v2 are at the usb stick in the usb port of the car. No login possible/necessary at this time. See photos/screenshots at ID7v2 thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
For .335 and .352 you need to do the serial process ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
For 59.00.502-70.00.100 you need the serial process ID7: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
Do not mix them up.

Link to XX files for ID7v2 is broken/file not available anymore. Please find attached the ID7v2 files that were online at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. Just rename the downloaded file and delete ".pdf" from the name, so that it becomes a zip again, then unzip the files. (uploading a zip here is not possible, that why).

Files for ID7 are available via AIO Tweaks.

At ID7v2 you have to do a new firmware install of .335 or .352 and at the end, when the commands flying by stop, then you have to paste the commands, while the XX files for ID7v2 are at the usb stick in the usb port of the car. No login possible/necessary at this time. See photos/screenshots at ID7v2 thread.
Yooo I appreciate you so much!
This makes so much more sense and I see I did a lot of other things wrong.
Also, thank you for the XX files!

Car is going to the shop for a supercharger this weekend, but when its back I'll give it another shot (Successfully this time!)

·
Registered
Mazda 3 BN 2018
9 Posts
Hi guys. I have problem with initialization tweaks from USB. After installing new firmware 70.000.352 i used serial connection to install autorun.
1620625155292.png

As you see on photo it was installed, but was some errors. On website was told that if we see errors its ok. So, after that i put USB with tweaks, but they are not installing.
What should i do to start installing tweaks on my CMU?
I checked my dataRetrieval_config and the command CMD_LINE=sh /mnt/sd*/tweaks.sh should be ready to work. I even tried run.sh build, but still nothing, What is wrong? Please help.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Have you tried to copy the AIO files to the usb stick you used for the firmware update to .352? I would try this first. Perhaps just the usb stick does not get recognized by the MZD?

Otherwise reinstall .352 and redo the serial process ID7v2.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 BN 2018
9 Posts
Have you tried to copy the AIO files to the usb stick you used for the firmware update to .352? I would try this first. Perhaps just the usb stick does not get recognized by the MZD?

Otherwise reinstall .352 and redo the serial process ID7v2.
Hi. when i did my first firmware update and reinstall firmware I put autorun with update file together on 1 usb stick. My first question is the autorun was installed, becuase amoung the files as you see on the screenshot it was.
I see message on cmu display that USB was read, so its recognized by the MZD.

Should i try to put AIO files on the blank usb with run.sh build or tweaks.sh build? I can try to do it again today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys. I have problem with initialization tweaks from USB. After installing new firmware 70.000.352 i used serial connection to install autorun.
View attachment 282151
As you see on photo it was installed, but was some errors. On website was told that if we see errors its ok. So, after that i put USB with tweaks, but they are not installing.
What should i do to start installing tweaks on my CMU?
I checked my dataRetrieval_config and the command CMD_LINE=sh /mnt/sd*/tweaks.sh should be ready to work. I even tried run.sh build, but still nothing, What is wrong? Please help.
You have used the wrong ID7 autorun scripts. Instead of ID7v2, you have used ID7v1.

Reinstall 70.000.352 and use those scripts: AIO Tweaks and Firmware Ver .502- READ THIS

1441 - 1460 of 1482 Posts