2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1401 - 1416 of 1416 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello everyone, I write from Italy and I am the owner of a cx-3 with firmware 59.00.545. I made a serial connection following the guide on Mazda aio step by step, I see the text fly both with putty and with secureCRT, I see the commands I enter but I don't see any colored installation text. I don't know how to try anymore
modified

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Have you tried to install any AIO tweak after trying to do the serial connection? Do so. Perhaps you already were successful with the serial connection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welp, managed to hit a new problem somehow...

I'm on 59.00.504 and after making the connection to the CMU through putty, the putty console freezes after about a minute or so, that is no text flies by anymore. To be clear the computer isn't frozen, I'm still able to launch, etc... just the text stops showing up. I tried multiple times with different connections, wires, waiting 10 min., etc.

What's strange is that in my first attempt to install the tweaks I didn't have this problem and my wiring work is the same so I don't think it's a wire being loose but maybe something I can double check again.

My question is:

Anybody encounter this problem before?

And lastly, let's say I just throw the towel in and want to have the Mazda 3 Android Auto Retrofit Kit installed. Would the fact that I have this:

already on the CMU cause any issues when upgrading the firmware in order to install the retrofit kit?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If you let the dealer install the official Mazda Android Auto/Apple Carplay (AA/CP) Kit, he most probably (should) installs the latest firmware version (70.00.367), which deletes all tweaks including the autorun/ID7/ID7v2. So no worries.
But this firmware version can not be enabled by autorun/ID7/ID7v2 to be able to install AIO tweaks via USB again. Thats only possible if you do the firmware update yourself (e.g. to max. 70.00.352, then do ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7) then let the dealer install the hardware only (or do it by yourself). Then you will still be able to use AIO tweaks. If thats not necessary/wanted, just let the dealer do everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hallo everyone. I have Abarth with Mazda system and logo 70.00.335. I made serial connection by connecting 3 wires on back of my 7inch screen. I trying to make steps from Mazda aio site but nothing happens. I see code after connecting usb 2102 but after paste commands still can’t use tweaks. Please help me. I don’t know how to make correctly steps for 70.00.335. I don’t know how to get update.up file from manual in Mazda aio and don’t know if I need to do both manuals for version 59.00.502 and 70.00.335 or just for 70.00.335.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do i need to make just steps from this ID7 Recovery v2 ? Prepare serial connection (with I already have), prepare usb drive with xx folder and update file with 335 version from HiDrive and follow instructions for id7 right? That is all?
This code is ok?
cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun
Or I need to change something in this in * places? I saw on that topic that few persons istead sd* wrote sd1d or something. Thank you so much for help.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Process is correct.
Code: Have not checked yours. Take the one from www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for ID7v2 process.
Do NOT replace * (stars) from code with other characters. Just copy/paste the code.
sd* is more flexible than sd1. And at some CMUs sd1 does not work. For what reason ever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I done it but I have little problem. I have fiat abarth 124 spider and I wanted to remove Mazda logo and add fiat but it is only for few seconds. After installing tweaks and rebooting I still have Mazda logo. I try few combinations from aio and nothing work. I also try mazdatofiat70 file from fiat site and it is with error

·
Registered
5 Posts
I talk about Mazda aio software. By generating copy to usb files with boot animation changing it change only long animation so I always see Mazda logo. Can Mazda aio change in 335 version boot animation to remove all Mazda logo? Does anyone had problem with changing boot animation? Other tweaks work perfectly.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
OK, perhaps @Trezdog44 , the developer of AIO can help you to change to 1st Mazda Logo (static, before boot animation) to another logo (Fiat or Abarth). In latest AIO 2.8.6 is stated, that for v59.00.502+ (so also for your 70.00.335), it will only use the first custom animation (LoopLogo) - it is not stated, that the logo shown before could be changed. Unfortunately.

I tried to edit the mazdatofiat70 tweaks.sh file, so that it also works with 70.00.335 and .352 (based on the AIO 2.8.6 tweaks.sh file). But even if you then can install the mazdatofiat70 tweak to 70.00.352 (that`s what I had installed and tested), still the Mazda logo at the start remains. Afterwards the installed Abarth animation showed up. So asking the gut who created the mazdatofiat70 files, might edit his tweaks.sh to change the first logo shown at the boot/start.

So either terzdog44, the guy who wrote the mazdatofiat file or any other who knows the firmware code well, has to identify where the first initial Mazda logo shown at the boot (before the animation) is located and how to change it, to get what you want ( @Bob124). Fingers crossed for you.

PS: Here is my modified file [Downloadlink]... I called it v2: MazdaToFiatV70v2AIO
  • the code of the mazdatofiatv70 tweaks.sh was inserted in the AIO 2.8.6 tweaks.sh to be able to install the mazdatofiatv70 to .335 and .352. Installation to .352 EU was possible.
  • unfortnunately the first Mazda logo shown at the boot/start, before the logo animation, still remains a Mazda logo
  • and as I only tested at a cmu at a bench/not in a car, I could not perform any other tests
  • install on your own risk
And you could go the way this guy went (nearly the same what I did), but he does not say smoething about the Mazda logo remaining. Strange. But you also could ask him for help:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
Mazda CX5 2018, 59.00.545 EU software.
About Headup.
When I set target in google maps the arrows shows up in headup correctly, street names also, but the road sign recognition system works only a few 2-6 seconds.
If for example sign with 50 km / h, appears on the road, the system will show it on headup for 2-6 seconds and then it changes to "---" three lines. It's always the same after new sign appear on the road.
But if I turn off the navigation target (it doesn't matter if the maps are on headunit or not) recognition system works fine. This means the speed limit sign shows it all the time till next spped limit...
Have newest Android Auto, newest Google services...

Is it possible to turn off the arrows to have speed sign on headup or is any solution for this?

1401 - 1416 of 1416 Posts