2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1416 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the answer!
When you say on both sides, what do you mean? I have pin5 of the serial connector to the frame of the CMU, do I need to connect any other pin to the ground?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for the answer!
When you say on both sides, what do you mean? I have pin5 of the serial connector to the frame of the CMU, do I need to connect any other pin to the ground?
Pin 5 is not always the GND on the TTL adapter. Seems like you're using a USB to Serial adapter (RS232) and not a Serial TTL to USB adapter; that's completely different, and that may explain the distorted output that you had on putty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys!
You are right, I'm not using the recommended CP2102 adapter. I'm using a USB to serial adapter (for printer for example) I thought it would do the job right... Let me try to grab a CP2102 and redo the process. Thank you all for your answers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know why I can't use my steering wheel to skip to the next song after installing android auto through USB? Sorry if it's a silly question - I'm new to this!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Im having some difficulty.
So, my Mazda 3 2017 runs OS version 59.00.330
I have followed the instructions to create a serial connection and used PuTTY to run the listed commands. However, the image provided as a reference to the desired serial console output is different than from what im getting. When I try to run the tweaks from my usb containing the mods, nothing seems to be happening.
If someone has had a similar problem or knows what I may be doing wrong, your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
@SinisterSkrunt because you are on a version < V59.00.502, you actually don't need to do the serial console stuff.

I would strongly suggest you install the ID7 Recovery Scripts by installing MZD AIO Tool, going to Autorun&Recovery, and then clicking Install ID7_Recovery Scripts. You already have the capability to install scripts over USB. Serial Console tweak is only needed if you are on a version >=59.00.502

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,
unfortunately i failed. can't get any tweaks installed on my CMU.
i am connected through serial interface and with putty pasting in the commands, however without the ability to read the feedback, i am helpless. is there a way to suppress all the text that is flying on the screen?
version was 70.0.335. i even updated to 70.0.367, that didnt change much. this CMU never had the tweaks installed..
any help is highly appreciated.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
Hi guys,
unfortunately i failed. can get the tweaks installed on my CMU. is there a way to suppress all the text that is flying on the screen?
i am connected through serial interface and with putty pasting in the commands, however without the ability to read the feedback, i am helpless.
version was 70.0.335. i even updated to 70.0.367, that didnt change much. this CMU never had the tweaks installed..
any help is highly appreciated.
Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot the V70 rules. Downgrade to V70.0.335 while following ID7 Recovery v2

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I thought that at .335 + .352 the login does not work anymore and thats why the ID7v2 process was invented (www.mazdatweaks.com/id7), which requires a firmware update before pasting the command?

Edit: ...obviously thats correct, as Albuyeh corrected his post above.
And at .367 no serial access is possible anymore. This version can not be enabled to install tweaks at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot the V70 rules. Downgrade to V70.0.335 while following ID7 Recovery v2
no sure i understand. the main page does not say anything about any difference within the v 70.x.x. its just saying the its supported. i thought it makes sense to update to get quickly to the command prompt.

my situation now is that i downgraded to cmu150_EU_70.00.335C_update and while at command prompt executed the following: cp -r /mnt/sda1/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun"
i confirmed the files were copied.
still no teaks installation script is picked from the USB.

at this point, i also noticed i cant login with cmu/jci, user/jci etc.
after the upcan i remove the root password from

·
Registered
7 Posts
does the ID7v2 process, means that when the update runs, after it finishes, i have root access and can potentially do everything needed to be able to run tweaks?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Correct. ID7v2 means, that directly after the firmware update to .335 or .352 (when nothing happens anymore in putty) you can paste the command mentioned at www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. Do not reboot after the firmware update before having pasted the command. You can also copy .335 over .335 or .352 over .352.

·
Registered
7 Posts
does this also mean i can run the script to "enable display while car is moving" directly from the command line?
is there information on how to get that done?
what about the whole aio tweaks suite?
cheers

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
1. no.
2.+3 install aio suite to computer, select the tweak you want, generate usb with tweak on it, put usb in car. install popup will show, if you are able to install tweaks via usb.

just the autorun tweak/ID7/ID7v2 is installed via commando line/putty/serial connection. this enables you to afterwards install aio tweaks via usb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
update: tweaks are picked up from the USB stick and installed.

errors during the installation process were:
/mnt/a # /mnt/a/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun
Looking for MTD partition named config
CONFIG_MTD: mtd5
size of /dev/mtd5 is 393216 bytes
make your changes in /tmp/configtmp
Looking for MTD partition named config
CONFIG_MTD: mtd5
size of /dev/mtd5 is 393216 bytes
Generating new SquashFS image
/mnt/a/data_persist/dev/bin/02-update-etc-passwd-if-needed/config-update.sh: line 219: mksquashfs: not found
error: could not generate /tmp/config-squash.img

also, the path for cp are
/mnt/sda1/
/mnt/a/data_persist and not /mnt/data_persist.

thank you Tristan-cx5, Albuyeh, you guys rock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello everyone, I write from Italy and I am the owner of a cx-3 with firmware 59.00.545. I made a serial connection following the guide on Mazda aio step by step, I see the text fly both with putty and with secureCRT, I see the commands I enter but I don't see any colored installation text. I don't know how to try anymore

1381 - 1400 of 1416 Posts