2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1416 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Rafcy : Just the try to install one tweak most probably does not brick your system. And you do not have to install it at all. If the screen pops up, if you want to install the tweak, you can hit cancel. The pop up of the install screen already would be the proof, that the system is rooted/that serial access was done/that you can install tweaks via usb.
If it was not done, no install popup will be shown at the mzd screen.
Thank you, this really helps me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all Thanks to everyone who made this Project possible.

I've just funished Installing the AIO Tweaks on the MCU in my 2018 CX3 which came with 70.00.335 SW by adding a Serial Connecton.
While looking up the stuff was not to hard because of the excellent guide from here , I recognised two things that could be added to the guide making it easier to follow for People like me who had no experience in headunits the day before yesterday.
  • First of all it is nowere mentioned were to find the update files. ( so it's not hard to find it within the forums )
  • Adding "Within the same folder from which you downloaded the update file there is a PDF Instruction on how to update the firmware. Read it completely and follow the given procedure" could prevent some errors and questions.
As mentioned before, nothing that someone willing to attatch wires to the Headunit of his or her car shouldn't be able to find, but adding it could save following people some minutes.

oelmi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody. Can you please tell me if it is possible to install themes on firmware 70.00.100A? I want to change the icons and picture on my desktop. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone please help me? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a 124 Spider that I wanted to do the official Android Auto upgrade on. I have had tweaks installed on with ID7 for years. I upgraded to v70 and was still able to do tweaks but touchscreen didn't work with Android Auto. So I decided to just rip the cables and USB reader update out and go back down to v59. Somewhere along the way I lost my tweaks and ID7. Also an earlier post mentioned to downgrade to install reinstall first and failsafe second. That did not work for me. Once I did the reinstall file it will not recognize there is a failsafe file on the USB stick. I had to upgrade to v70 again and then install them as the manual states. Anywho, I can't get tweaks installed even with the serial connection method. I don't know why, it just won't take the commands. In hindsight it might by a bad or blacklisted USB stick. More on that later.
So I gave up and bought a used CMU on eBay with v55 on it. Started all over. This time I just want Android Auto head unit, but its too buggy on v55. Got tweaks installed that I liked. Installed id7 3 times just to make sure, and ran the lil script that tells me its installed. I thought I was all set, so I upgraded to v59 and now all the tweaks are gone and it appears ID7 did not do its job as no tweaks are installed and it will no longer runs anything from the USB. I'm getting ready to rip my car apart again and try the serial method on this second CMU. I don't understand why something so simple is failing. Back to the USB stick failing. So I had 2 USB sticks that I have always used to install tweaks. Even though the system sees the USB sticks, even on the second CMU, tweaks would not install. I had to start with a third USB stick that I have never used before on this car and it worked. That's the reason I might go back and try the serial access on the original CMU as well.
If any one can give me any pointers as to why ID7 is not working for me or any other pointers. I'd appreciate the input.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
@Takawi-Ufa : In AIO 2.8.6 is not stated, that the "Background Image" and "Main Menu Tweaks" do not work with FW 70.00.100. Therefore I assume, that it should work. Pre-Requisite is, that you can install tweaks via usb at your FW 70. For doing so, you have to do the serial access: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial or you had installed the Autorun-Tweak from AIO before updating to 59.00.502 or your FW 70 (if you had a FW below 59.00.502 before).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
@manwithastick : I do not know, why your issue happens, but...

I think, that even if you install id7 correctly, the previous installed tweaks are gone/deleted after a firmware update. Just to set the expectations right.

You could try to rename the tweaks.sh to run.sh (at the usb stick) and then try to install the desired tweaks again. For some people then the tweaks install popup showed up at the display.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 I did the serial connection and back in business within 15 minutes. All tweaks installed and Android Auto Head Unit 1.14b.

Although I did try to reinstall the tweaks via USB, nothing happened prior to installing ID7 via serial.

I know what I will try tomorrow. I will put my original CMU back in using my new USB stick and your recommendation.
If that doesn't work, I will also do the serial connection, but I will run the command ls -l /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin first to see if anything exists. I mean in theory it should be there since I was installing tweaks since 2017 and upgrading the firmware as the years rolled on.

Who knows, maybe I can still recover the original and I might have a modified CMU for sale :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Tristan-cx5, post: 2498744, member: 469202"]
[USER = 556597] @ Takawi-Ufa [/ USER]: В AIO 2.8.6 не указано, что «Фоновое изображение» и «Настройки главного меню» не работают с FW 70.00.100. Поэтому предполагаю, что это должно сработать. Обязательным условием является то, что вы можете установить твики через usb на вашем FW 70. Для этого вам нужно сделать последовательный доступ: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial или вы установили Autorun-Tweak из AIO перед обновлением до 59.00 .502 или ваш FW 70 (если раньше у вас был FW ниже 59.00.502).
[/ QUOTE]
Оk, thank you.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
@manwithastick : You were not telling us the exact FW 70 version. Please do so. Depending on that, it could be other reasons, why your ID7/install of tweaks did not work.

Edit:
Example: If it was 70.00.335 or 70.00.352 you installed, then it`s obvious, as the installation/update to these FW versions delete the previously installed ID7 tweak from FW 59. To gain serial access (enabling of possibility to install tweaks via usb) on these two you need the slightly different ID7v2 process: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 ... or you downgrade to a lower firmware version (70.00.100 - 59.00.502) and then have to do the ID7 process: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 I kind of have 2 things going on here so hopefully I can be clear. I had upgraded my original CMU to 70.00.100A and to the best of my knowledge, I don't remember having to reinstall tweaks. I could be wrong. I know that I had no issues with the tweaks on 70.00.100A, it was just no touchscreen with OEM Android Auto and that is when I downgraded to 59.00.502 so I could use the Android Auto HeadUnit App instead. That is when I lost tweaks and ID7.

As mentioned in my previous post, I can confirm I had a bad USB as I was able to redo the serial access on my 70.00.100A CMU to install ID7. I then downgraded to 59.00.502 doing cmu150_NA_59.00.502A_failsafe.up first and cmu150_NA_59.00.502A_reinstall.up second. This time tweaks were erased but ID7 stayed installed.

Before installing ID7 I ran /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin and I had only one green line pass in the terminal and no blue.

I also tried your suggestion before and after ID7 of renaming the tweaks.sh to run.sh. I got nowhere with that.

So the good news is I was able to recover my original CMU and now I have a spare to sell that is already tweaked with ID7 installed! All due to a bad USB drive!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far I've been able to connect to the CMU, issue the commands etc. The only problem is that when I insert the USB with the tweaks...nothing happens. I gave it quite a while as well.
I suspect it's due to the “Recovery Via Serial Connection” & “Install ID_7 Recovery Scripts Pack” auto installation. This is what I have when I run "ls -l /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin":
IMG_20201025_155443.jpg whereas what the instructions show is: 1604248131821.png

Inspecting the folder contents of my "automatic install" USB vs the contents of the archive under "manual installation" shows:
IMG_20201025_160157.jpg

Should I just try to do the "manual installation" method of copying the above right archive instead of the "automatic installation"? Would I need to undo whatever I've already copied over to the CMU or just work through it like it's a fresh attempt? Could there be another problem?

Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
First of all, please state your firmware version.

You tried to install the files from the ID7v2 process, which is for 70.00.335 and 70.00.352 only and described here: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. The photos you posted from the manual are of the www.mazdatweaks.com/serial website for the ID7 process, which is relevant for 59.00.502 - 70.00.100 only. Thats where the different file names come from. Depending on your firmware version, you should follow the fitting process (ID7 or ID7v2) and download/use the fitting files/commands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I´ve just succesfully made the downgrade process @Tristan-cx5 thanks lot for the help.

I am going to summarize the process and maybe it could be useful for someone:
First upgraded to FW 70 not knowing that I would lose USB access (my mistake)
So I did the serial connection to regain access and despite this, all tweaks worked except Andriod Auto (apparently not compatible with this version)

For this reason, I made the decision to downgrade from FW 70 to FW59.00.502 according to the previous recommendations.
First I installed ID7_recovery scripts in order not to lose USB access
Then perform the downgrade following the same upgrade procedure but reversing the order (first reinstall and then Failsafe) and finally installed Android auto, it worked perfect!
Hello guys, my mazda 6 2015 had 70.00.335 and my main goal was AA (few tweaks would be fine too).
I've just got access to CMU today. First I made serial connection, then updated my 70.00.335 to 70.00.335, but before booting I did step from ID7 Recovery v2. Then I did AIO tweaks and installed AA Headunit, bit discovered AA didn't work. I was upset, then I read about 59.00.502 works with AA, but I'm not sure I understand downgrade process well enought. Should I download cmu150_NA_59.00.502A_failsafe.up and cmu150_NA_59.00.502A_reinstall.up to flashdrive, go to service menu in Mazda Connect and just do reisntall, reboot, then failsafe? Or should I connect via CP2102 module again, do seriall access... and what else?

By the way, I did "update" my 70.00.335 to 70.00.335 without failsafe, because I didn't find failsafe.up for this OS vesion. What are the consequences may be?

p.s. Is it just me or Mazda Connect is lagging as hell after AOI tweaks done(speedometr, AA Headunit installed, disclamers removed)?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just copy both 59.00.502 files to the usb, do the downgrade (update to 59.00.502). As you already did the serial access at your current 70.00.335, ID7/ID7v2/Autorun most probably remains even after the downgrade to FW 59. You will not have to do the serial access again and could install AIO AA tweak via usb after the downgrade to FW 59.

70.00.335 (and +) are one file updates only. You did everything correct at the update by using the only file available.

As AIO AA is not compatible with any FW 70, strange behavior like lagging could happen at FW 70 with installed AIO AA. At compatible FW like v59 this should not be so recognizable. AIO AA consumes a lot of CMU recources (CPU/Memory). And if you add that to the original AA at FW70, then it`s too much for the CMU (CPU/Memory) and it lags. Also the Navi-SD consumes a lot of CMU resources. If you want a smoother running system and do not use the Navi-SD, just remove it and the CMU has more resources for other processes like AIO AA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 Thank you for response. I'm going to try downgrade, the way you described.
I'd like to clarify: do you mean I have to remove SD card with Navigation from its physical slot(placed next to USB port) or it's possible to switch it off using AIO tweak?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
At every firmware update the Navi-SD should be removed from the slot, I asume.

But if you remove it from the slot in general, then the CMU has more capacity for other processes. Because even if the Navigation is not shown at the display, but the Navi-SD is in the slot, it consumes a lot of resources of the CMU (cpu/memory). As far as I know, it is not possible to deactivate/switch off the Navi-SD card via AIO tweaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First of all, please state your firmware version.

You tried to install the files from the ID7v2 process, which is for 70.00.335 and 70.00.352 only and described here: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. The photos you posted from the manual are of the www.mazdatweaks.com/serial website for the ID7 process, which is relevant for 59.00.502 - 70.00.100 only. Thats where the different file names come from. Depending on your firmware version, you should follow the fitting process (ID7 or ID7v2) and download/use the fitting files/commands.
That's interesting...My firmware version is 59.00.504 and I tried to go through the steps as accurately as possible I'm not sure where things went wrong? The Serial Connection website (which is what I followed) says the automatic method is: "Using MZD-AIO v2.7.9+: Run “Autorun & Recovery” with “Recovery Via Serial Connection” & “Install ID_7 Recovery Scripts Pack” options checked ". I have done this twice to see if some missed option was checked but both times I get a file structure different from what I should get if I were to run the "manual" method, ie. "Add contents of this archive to folder ‘XX’ " in step 3 of the above link under "manual".

At this point let's suppose that I incorrectly installed the ID7v2 process when I wanted to install ID7 for 59.00.504.

1. Would following the "manual" method mentioned above in Serial Connection (particularly copying the linked archive folder) suffice? I have two separate USBs one with the tweaks and one to get the cmu unlocked.
  2. Given that the incorrect file/folders are in place in the CMU is there any other step I need to take to undo what I did or should I proceed as if I did nothing to the CMU?
Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everybody!

I tried to install the AIO Tweak with the serial connection and I have weird text scrolling, I can't enter user command.. I'm stuck there. By any chance someone know what i am doing wrong?

Here's what I have:

Here's my settings:

Thank you very much in advance.

Lelong54

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your serial settings are correct, when you open session make sure you're in Serial and not something else.
Confirm you have a good ground in both sides. Should see fast scrolling text but readable.

1361 - 1380 of 1416 Posts