2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9421 - 9440 of 9500 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I have had AIO installed on my 2017 Mazda CX-5 for more than three years, and have loved it, but now I've hit a dead-end.

After a recent update (on my phone), I'm getting the audio stuttering problems when listening to music with Google Maps up on Android Auto. Whenever Google Maps zooms in/out or turns, the audio stutters, even if the music is saved on the phone first. This happens with multiple audio sources, like Amazon Music and Spotify.

I've tried to flash the latest version of AA, but my Windows software AIO 2.8.6 is displaying the error:
MZD-AO
UPDATE ERROR CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST UPDATE.

I re-download, and still get the same error.

The links for AA software on the MazdaTweaks website are all dead-ends.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
1 Posts
There is an issue that effects a pretty significant number of people where the touchscreen is broken and just kind of goes crazy so I made this for anyone effected by that issue
This will completely disable the touchscreen all the time: http://nots.mazdatweaks.win.
To re-enable the touchscreen you just run this same installer again, it will detect whether the screen is disabled or enabled and do the opposite.
also I got a nice stable Speedometer v5.3: http://speedo.mazdatweaks.win
  • Speed readings are no longer delayed
  • Shows "---" for invalid values
  • Long hold multicontroller tilt down (3 seconds) to show/hide the speed bar
  • Batt SOC will show err if i-stop error
  • Fixed some number sizings

I am going to take a break from the speedometer until I finish up the next AIO version but I do have a few goals for future speedo development.
I need to disable the touchscreen, and would love to go the software route using this fix, but it seems the link is dead now. Does anyone have this file mirrored or hosted somewhere else? I really don't want to pull apart my dash to physically disable the touchscreen.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey I have this issue as well. Did you ever figure it out?
I have tried everything I can think of.

New cable
clear cache on the phone apps: Android auto, google play services, maps, spotify
disabled battery optimization on the phone and specifically whitelisted spotify, since I thought this was throttling background apps
Hi, unfortuately no I didn't. To be honest I tried everything you mentiond here, eventually I felt I needed to take a break. Hoping that maybe when I comeback to it, I would find a solution.
I'm curious to know, what MZ FW version AND AIO version are you running ? (assuming you are using AIO)
I'm now on FW version EU56.00.100 and AIO V 2.8.6 and I'm trying to establish if an FW upgrade will make a difference

· Registered
5 Posts
Sanity check on what I'm about to do.

1) I am currently running 59.00.441, which should have access to the CMU from USB.
2) I would like to install ID7/Autorun from USB
3) Then I want to update to a version that support the CarPlay USB hub, 70.00.100A.
4) My understanding from what I have read here and on mazdatweaks is that the ID7 scripts will restore USB root access and allow me to install AIO tweaks from USB after the update.

Update: this worked as I expected.

· Registered
5 Posts
I want Apple Carplay to touch the screen while driving, how can I do this?
My setup by now:
1. MZD F/W: 70.00.100A.
2. Install Apple Carplay USB Hub.
You'll need to follow the instructions for a serial connection on mazdatweaks.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. I recently got a "new to me" 2016 cx5, and the first thing I did was install a bunch of tweaks with MZD Aio. I've been using AA, and so far I've had no issues except one thing... There's no volume bar when I adjust the volume. Is there a way to get this to show up? Or is this just how it is? Thanks.

9421 - 9440 of 9500 Posts