2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9401 - 9420 of 9451 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello was seeing if anybody could assist I currently have 2.8.6 installed and I can get Android auto to work via USB but the wireless option via hotspot does not work when I start head unit in AA settings. Any suggestions as I still haven't found out a solution to run Android auto and fast charge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I managed to unbrick my 2 spare cmu's that i had bricked when trying to install tweaks. See this thread:

I updated both cmu's to 70.00.352 via serial access etc.

Only problem is a cannot seem to get the tweaks file to run. I had got the same file to run before, when i got the "100% full" messages and it bricked my cmu. Not sure why it won't run now.

At the end of the 70.00.352 update process, when the infotainment screen says "turn ignition off then back on to complete installation", the text in PuTTY should come to a stop. But both times it didn't stop rolling. Despite many attempts i was unable to right-click (paste) the copied command text so i could run tweaks. Also all the text flying by was garbled characters, not the legible text you usually see. Not sure what this means.

Like i said the updates worked fine but i wasn't able to run the tweaks file like i could previously.

What do i do now? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
If the text flies by in cryptic signs, something is wrong and your pasted input will not work. Thats why the tweaks are not installable afterwards.

I also had this issue once, have to investigate, what I did. But first I would check the connections (tight&right) of the CP2102 and if the settings in putty are correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ideas:
a) Uninstall all tweaks, do a factory reset, install AA from AIO 2.8.6
b) Install Autorun/ID7 tweak, update to FW 59.00.502 which is said to be the most stable one for AIO AA (but still less stable than original AA/CP).
c) update to FW 70 or 74 and install more stable AA/CP hardware (usb hub + 2 cables)

If you compare with other cars, did they have the same FW and AIO AA version installed? Only then you can compare correctly.
Hi @Tristan-cx5,
I'm back to update and thank you !!
I've now followed your instructions as were detailed in options (a).
Currently AA and waze are considerably more stable than before. Which is awesome !!!

But after a few days of trial I am now experiencing a new issue....
Only when Android Auto is displaying Waze, the audio (that is the music played with Spotify) seems to skip.
When the "home" screen or the audio screen are displayed, I get no skips, even with Waze running in the background.

I did some reading on this, I tried some troubleshooting like; an enabling battery optimization for Spotify, attaching it to recent, clearing cache but to no avail.

1) I'm not sure if this issue is version related at all ?
2) I wonder, from your experience, are you familiar with this issue ?
3) Are there any other fixes to this issue, you recommend trying, other than version upgrade (your option b) ? as otherwize everything works well.

If, the only solution is implementing option b.
4) would you recommend uninstalling all tweaks and resetting to factory settings before installing Autorun/ID7 tweak ?

Once again your contribution is much appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In this post (Link) I showed the cryptic signs I saw in putty - at that time it was due to wrong configured putty. If you have the correct settings, then try to set it to the following values, if that is possible.
CDATABIT=8
CPARITY=none
CSTOPBIT=1
Thanks Tristan.

My PuTTY settings were the same as above so it wasn't that.

Looks like it was a faulty serial connection between my cmu and the cp2102. I completely re-made my custom cable between them, using new components. I followed the "serial access instructions" to the letter. I thought i did this the first time but who knows i may have stuffed up somewhere, or something was faulty.

Am doing a 70.00.352 update (reinstallation of existing 70.00.352) and it looks normal, no "cryptic" text. It's currently at 77%.
Computer Personal computer Netbook Gadget Font

I will try to run tweaks again as soon as it finishes. Fingers crossed... 🤞
Mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hurrah! 😀 After all this time spent and head scratching the tweaks installation worked! 🥳

Now i just gotta figure out what does what, and which settings i want. Decisions, decisions... :LOL:

Funny thing is the tweaks install process showed the dreaded "100% full" messages again and i thought oh no, not again. But for some reason my gut feeling was "nevermind, be patient" so i was. I kept pressing "yes - go on" whenever it appeared. It worked. As we say here in Australia "Well bugger me!".

Thanks again folks.👍
Mark

·
Registered
28 Posts
The last two nights i've been experimenting with the tweaks settings. I have learnt a lot about (some) of the things the mzd-aio-ti tweaks program does.

The only thing i can't figure out is if i try to change the screen colour scheme from the default mazda red to blue. Any colour option or setting (other than the default red) that i've tried results in the grey menu tabs at top of screen becoming transparent. See circled part in second picture (showing "Settings" screen):
Font Astronomical object Display device Technology Space
Font Rectangle Terrestrial plant Screenshot Parallel

In the first picture i selected Blue in "Custom Infotainment Colours". But i have noticed that if i leave "Custom Infotainment Colours" option unchecked/not selected, the grey tabs remain as shown in second picture.

I have tried many combinations but only leaving it the default red keeps the grey tabs. I know it has nothing to do with whether or not i have the "Background Image" option selected as i have tried default red/blue with background image/no background image - it made no difference.

Every time i re-install tweaks i first do a "Full System Restore" via mzd-aio-ti just to make sure no residual tweaks remain on my cmu, so i know it's not that either.

So, is it possible to keep the grey tabs when selecting any colour but the default red? I'm hoping i'm just missing an option or have messed up something, but i can't find it if it is possible.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
But after a few days of trial I am now experiencing a new issue....
Only when Android Auto is displaying Waze, the audio (that is the music played with Spotify) seems to skip.
When the "home" screen or the audio screen are displayed, I get no skips, even with Waze running in the background.
Hey I have this issue as well. Did you ever figure it out?
I have tried everything I can think of.

New cable
clear cache on the phone apps: Android auto, google play services, maps, spotify
disabled battery optimization on the phone and specifically whitelisted spotify, since I thought this was throttling background apps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone. Tweaks installed and working on my system. However, the reverse camera safety warning is still showing despite this being one of the tweaks that has been installed. Tried redoing it to no avail (says successful in the log). Firmware is 59.000.502 (previous ID7 installed before upgrade and working and other tweaks I can install and remove). Any ideas please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm just inquiring to see if anyone had tweaks that they were able to persist through updates to the firmware? I use a couple (warning message delete, folder scrolling hack, pause on mute, color and background change), but I'm still on firmware 59.xx. I am about to jump through the firmware updates (once I find copies of the NA 70.00.100A files), because I bought the retrofit kit for android auto. Just wondering if it's a must uninstall for my existing tweaks, or I can safely leave them in place and run the firmware updates (assuming anything that gets overwritten will just no longer be available). Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most people leave the tweaks and do an update and it works. No 100% garantee.
I always uninstalled all tweaks via AIO before updating, just to be sure.
So it`s your decision - and risk.
Yeah, that's where I'm leaning. I had an issue in the past that ended me up stuck at the Mazda logo, but I was able to recover by just loading a remove all script and then re-doing the ones I had until I found the culprit. My only hesitance is that it gets more difficult to access the CMU after I jump to the 70.xx firmware. Might have to just drop them all and live with it. Though, if I'm using android auto anyway, most of them won't factor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to try the method of installing Autorun/ID7 tweak, updating to FW 59.00.502 and installing AA again to try solve the stuttering music problem, but I don't know where can I get the FW 59.00.502 NA software, does someone have a link for this? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
28 Posts
After a lot of perseverance (running AIO "full system restore" then installing tweaks again and again) i managed to get the silver tabs in sub-menus working when changing the screen colour. I tried both violet and smooth red in place of the default red. I also added a custom screen background. In both the silver tabs appear correctly.
Font Gadget Technology Display device Electronic device
Font Electronic device Display device Rectangle Auto part
Gadget Motor vehicle Gas Bumper Automotive decal

It looks like i needed to select the "Text Colours" option at top of screen in AIO, but leaving eveything under that sub-heading (i.e. at the right of AIO screen) unchanged.

It took me a long time to figure it all out, but the result was definitely worth the effort.

9401 - 9420 of 9451 Posts