2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9321 - 9340 of 9420 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
It depends, which FW 74 is installed. From .200 and .230 a downgrade is possible.
If you installed .310 or higher you can only downgrade as low as .310. See also my post here: NEW 74 Mazda CONNECT MZD Firmware ,CP/AA, WCP, links, Help

In general Mazda does not recommend a downgrade to FW 70 or lower if your CMU came from factory with FW 74.

Technically there is a complicated way to downgrade even from .310 or .311 to FW 70 - see here:

And yes, with the new hub you can downgrade to FW 70 and the hub still works. But do not downgrade to FW 59 or lower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It depends, which FW 74 is installed. From .200 and .230 a downgrade is possible.
If you installed .310 or higher you can only downgrade as low as .310. See also my post here: NEW 74 Mazda CONNECT MZD Firmware ,CP/AA, WCP, links, Help

In general Mazda does not recommend a downgrade to FW 70 or lower if your CMU came from factory with FW 74.

Technically there is a complicated way to downgrade even from .310 or .311 to FW 70 - see here:

And yes, with the new hub you can downgrade to FW 70 and the hub still works. But do not downgrade to FW 59 or lower.
Thank you and much appreciated for your reply and the link you provided. It seems quite a bit of work to downgrade the firmware and the risk of bricking the CMU is not worth it for me. I think I’ll just wait to see if any new methods comes out in the future for FW V74. For now I’ll just have to deal with using SIRI for Car Play voice commands when the touchscreen is not working above certain speeds. Interesting that Mazda still allows the use of the knobs and button at any speed but not the touchscreen.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
More details please. Which version is installed and to which version do you want to update to? And do you want to still use AIO Tweaks afterwards?
An update is always possible, but there is always the chance of bricking it - e.g. if you do not stick to the update procedure.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda3 Grand Touring
5 Posts
Okay so I just purchased a Mazda3 today. I have done some searching and reading, if I could get a solid answer to a couple questions that would be great.

First question: My Mazda does not have Android auto support, I do not need to buy any additional hardware I should be able to just install Mazda AIO Tweaks and Android auto should work, yeah?

The FW version I am on is 59.502. I'm a little confused on what version are recommended for what hardware. Since my hardware is older should I leave it on 59? Is it even possible to upgrade old hardware to 70?

Next, I have the GT with the flip up HUD speedometer, I have seen people talk about that not working with certain versions, is there an issue I should be aware of?

Finally, what am I missing out that was removed from the forums? Any features worth scouring the internet for? (Edit: Looks like WiFi android auto may be the culprit? It appears that it's still in AIO Tweaks but maybe just not the latest version? Idk I found a version of the illusive 1.14b True_go... if anyone knows what is so special about it?

The screen is cracked and I had assumed touch didn't work but it looks like it's just disabled anyways.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
1. Correct. But you have to check whether your firmware version (depends on the version) allows to install AIO Tweaks via USB or if you have to do the serial access before to enable the installation via USB. But this AIO Tweaks Android Auto is a user project and is not as stable as the official Mazda Android Auto.

2. In AIO Tweaks 2.86 is Android Auto 1.13 Tweak. This is said to work best with your 59.00.502. It works with firmware 55 - 59 only. The Android Auto tweak does not work at any firmware 70 or higher. But yes, coming back to your question, your old hardware can install any update to firmware 70 or 74. Depending on the firmware version it is not possible to enable the installation via USB anymore (so no AIO tweaks for higher firmware versions).

3. I do not know, as I do not have it. It might be that with a certain firmware update the issue got fixed.

4. WiFi is disabled for North American (NA) region by Mazda. I do not know why. Wireless Android Auto is not supported by official Android Auto. But yes, you could try it via AIO Android Auto. But it is a mess to get it running and it is much less stable than the cord version of AIO Android Auto. True_go 1.14b is another user project (not of the guy who did 1.13), but the user got banned here for some reason and all info about 1.14b are not accessible anymore. I guess due to copyright reasons or because he sold it.

5. The touch screen could be either disabled by a tweak installation via USB - someone posted a tweaks for this some years ago. Or it was disabled by just pulling the cable for touch connection near the display (has to be removed for checking). Or it is defective/does not work.

6. Touch while standing still should work for the MZD menu. And via AIO Touch tweak you could enable it for driving. This also works for AIO Android Auto. But official Android Auto, even if it is more stable, can not be enabled to use touch at all.

The screen is cracked and I had assumed touch didn't work but it looks like it's just disabled anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay so I have a 2016 Mazda 3 with FW 55.00.753 NA. I installed mazdatweaks with the AIO application some years ago (2017 or 2018) now and I have been through a couple of phones with this. All have had different experiences with AA, especially dealing with audio lag happening when maps is open and rotating. I had an LG G5 ThinQ a while ago and it used to have the issue until one day it stopped. That phone was stolen so I got a Motorola one ace 5g(2021) and that phone worked pretty much flawlessly with AA, tweaks installed and the head unit. That phone just suffered from a broken screen, and now I a pixel 6 which happens to be experiencing audio stuttering again. Is there perhaps an issue with power draw from individual phones that affects this or maybe I just need to update everything?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi folks. I have an August 2020 Mazda 6 with 70.00.352 4A N (presumably from factory). I am about to enable serial access so i can install tweaks etc.

My question is about the update.up file. I understand i need to update (or just re-install) my firmware so i can login on the terminal. I managed to find a 70.00.352B 4A N update.up file which i am hoping will still work. I understand it is better to stay with 352 and not upgrade to 367 (or 74.00.XXX).

When exactly should i install the update.up file?

I assume i enable the serial connection first as per these instructions here: Serial Connection

... THEN once the above is finished, I install the update.up file following the additional V70.00.335+ instructions here: ID7 Recovery v2

Is this correct?

I am just not 100% sure at what stage of the instructions i install the update.up file.

Any suggestions please, they will be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
1st make all your wiring and check if you see the text fly by via serial connection.
Then install .352 and at the end of the installation paste the command for ID7v2 (with USB Stick [with ID7v2 XX folder] inserted at your car`s usb slot). Ignore the error messages. Then reboot. Be happy to install AIO Tweaks (but please keep in mind that AIO Android Auto does not work at any FW 70 - just, if you wanted to install that).

·
Registered
28 Posts
1st make all your wiring and check if you see the text fly by via serial connection.
Then install .352 and at the end of the installation paste the command for ID7v2 (with USB Stick [with ID7v2 XX folder] inserted at your car`s usb slot). Ignore the error messages. Then reboot. Be happy to install AIO Tweaks (but please keep in mind that AIO Android Auto does not work at any FW 70 - just, if you wanted to install that).
Ok thanks Tristan i will give it a go this coming weekend. My car already has factory fitted AA/CP so i will leave that option unchecked when i install the tweaks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

I've encountered an issue where Spotify is skipping when I'm using google maps. At first, it seems to only happen when I'm making turns, but recently, the skipping/delay is happening then entire time I'm using google maps. I've searched the forum, and surprisingly couldn't find much. I searched google and found a reddit post trying to explain the issue. The post mentioned the head unit can't handle the "bandwidth" of google maps and spotify at the same. Could someone confirm if this is true?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi All,

I've encountered an issue where Spotify is skipping when I'm using google maps. At first, it seems to only happen when I'm making turns, but recently, the skipping/delay is happening then entire time I'm using google maps. I've searched the forum, and surprisingly couldn't find much. I searched google and found a reddit post trying to explain the issue. The post mentioned the head unit can't handle the "bandwidth" of google maps and spotify at the same. Could someone confirm if this is true?
I'm not 100% on spotify, but yes AA takes up a lot of free space, as does the stock navigation. I found I could get google maps running much smoother by removing the Nav SD card. I also added the swapfile tweak which seems to help speed things up too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am trying to use PuTTY on my 2020 Mazda 6. I have 70.00.352 firmware and have a 70.00.352B update.up file. I copied the XX folder and the update.up file to a USB stick as per the instructions. When i connect to the CMU via serial access and insert the USB drive, the text in PuTTY just keeps flying by. I left it for over 30 minutes yet nothing changes the text keeps flying.

I understand i have to update (or reinstall) my firmware since it is 70.00.335+. How do i start the update file? What program do i use to open the update.up file?

I thought about trying to use SecureCRT but so far i have not found a working torrent or cracked version.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It doesn't sound like you are doing things in the right order. First you need to read how to carry out a firmware update and when you think you understand the process, read the update instructions again. One wrong move and you'll brick your CMU.

To install the update.up file you need to enter the debug screen (Music+Fav+Mute for 5 seconds) check for dtc's by entering code 3. Then if you're sure you want to go ahead enter code 99 to start the update. Then it's at the end of the update, (I believe before you turn the ignition off), you need to install ID7v2. I've not done ID7v2 so can't comment any further.

Text flying by is totally normal, and PuTTY worked fine for me.

Edit: To confirm... the update.up file on the usb stick needs to be inserted into the car usb hub not your laptop 👍

9321 - 9340 of 9420 Posts