2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9281 - 9300 of 9325 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi, brand new here - I've got a 2016 scion IA (same as the Mazda 2) and installed the AIO Mazda tweaks on a fat 32 USB drive via IOS.

However, I plug my flash drive into the USB port and enter ACC and... Nothing happens. Is there a way to force the files to run? Do I need every file and folder from Mazda tweaks, including txf files, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
First of thing, you must check which firmware version of your CMU running... if it run firmware version under 59.00.502, you are ready for install any tweaks you want, but if firmware greater than 59.00.502, you must use serial access and ID7 scripts to unlock your usb port first... after that you can install any tweaks as you wish!
Cheer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. After some time I updated my CMU to 56.00.513B. Got AIO Tweaks. So now if I want to upgrade CMU to 59.00.502A I should first install tweaks from "Autorun and Recovery" box? If I do thism will I be still able to install/unistall other tweaks with USB?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yes and Yes.
1. Install Autorun&Recovery (ID7) tweak via USB
2. Update to 59.00.502
3. Install any tweak you want from AIO via USB

The ability to install tweaks via USB remains due to the Autorun/ID7 tweak up to/including FW 70.00.100. So even after an update to e.g. 59.00.545. You do not have to install it again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on 70.00.352 with AIO tweaks android auto and no upgraded usb hub. I cannot get my android auto to start and connect to my phone via wifi.
I think I'm doing everything correctly:
Downloaded android auto to my phone and enabled developer settings on it with wireless android auto enabled
Connected BT
Wifi connected via hotspot on my phone
Opened android auto on my phone and started head unit server
-- At this point car's AIO android auto should start automatically but it did not
-- I manually started AIO android auto but it did not connect

Any ideas what can I do to make it work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello @Tristan-cx5 . I assume you are the guy to come for clarifications on this forum. My question is, I have a mazda 3 hatchback that has firmware 70.00.335 stock. What steps will I be needing to follow to be able to install tweaks? I have researched everywhere and it's quite confusing for a newcomer like me. I hope you can assist me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I am not the only one. And I doubt that you researched everywhere, as it is mentioned a lot in this forum and explained at the AIO website itself: www.mazdatweaks.com

0. Prepare/Read
1. Install FW .335 again or .352
2. At the end of the update perform the serial access ID7v2. Instructions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
3. Install AIO Tweaks via USB (AIO Android Auto does not work at any Firmware 70.x)

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is Android Auto 1.13 version in AiO and it does not work with any software 70 ...
Is software version 70... also reason why my cast screen doesn't work as well?

I connected my OnePlus 6, android 11, to car's USB with nothing else connected, NAV card also removed.
Phone's developers options enabled, usb debugging enabled, verify apps over usb disabled.
After connecting to USB, changed from charging to PTP mode.
Smart Phone castscreen 1.0.1 app running with setup: H264, resolution 800x460 @ 160, 1mb/s on localhost 127.0.0.1
Hit Start. I get pop up with: Start recording or casing with Cast Screen? CastScreen will have access to all of the information.... then I hit START NOW.
After this nothing happens.
I also tried starting cast from AIO tweaks app on CMU. - no luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not the only one. And I doubt that you researched everywhere, as it is mentioned a lot in this forum and explained at the AIO website itself: www.mazdatweaks.com

0. Prepare/Read
1. Install FW .335 again or .352
2. At the end of the update perform the serial access ID7v2. Instructions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
3. Install AIO Tweaks via USB (AIO Android Auto does not work at any Firmware 70.x)
Hey, just wanted to give you a feedback as promised.
After installing the recovery scripts on my old firmware via USB and updating to 70.00.100 the recovery scripts didn't seem to have worked properly. Before the update, I ran the dryrun script and it claimed that everything had been installed successfully, so I don't know what went wrong. I tried different USB sticks and all the suggestions you and others made. Nothing worked, unfortunately.
Yesterday I was able to successfully use the Serial method.
I had my issues in the beginning, since putty just kept showing me a black screen.
So, here's I had my problem: the cables really have to go in deep into the connector. Just plugging it in from the back and pushing it all the way in just didn't work for me, so what I did was the following (I used the same kind of wires that were suggested in the tutorial on the mazdatweaks website): the cables with pins (instead of inlets) have a black plastic box around the pins, which have to be taken off, first. Just lift the little plastic flap and you can easily pull the plastic off. That will allow you to put the cables way deeper into the connector. Just pushing it in from the back didn't really work for me, so I detached the connector from the cmu, and guided my cables in as far as I could, watching through the connector pin holes, so I knew exactly that they would have contact with the cmu pins.
That did the trick, and putty could establish the connection, no problem.

But I also gotta say, I don't think that this whole process is that easy if you don't feel at home with computers, command line etc.
If you give a not experienced user the link to the id7v2-tutorial, I think it's confusing as hell, cause it's written in a way that requires the user to know the idv7 serial method, and you gotta understand what is done there in order to know how to "combine" both tutorials.

Maybe there are more clear tutorials in the forum, but the tweak website really can be confusing.
Just as the app. When installing some tweaks, there's just not really an explanation for what they'll actually do.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very, very grateful this whole thing exists. I love to use it, I love to dig deeper, I just love tech stuff and feel at home there, and I also love to experiment a little, using the knowledge I already have to learn even more.
But I can absolutely see how a lot of people might be scared by this whole process, because the tutorials I came across don't exactly take people by the hand and explain what actually is done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 2018 mazda cx-5 grand touring with HUD display. I would like to know if AA navigation directions does show up on the HUD with AIO tweaks installed. My software version is 70.00.100

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I have a recurring issue where placing/receiving a phone call while on Android Auto will cause the screen to revert and freeze on Mazda infotainment call screen. My fix has been to re-plug the USB cable to phone after call is over to get back to functioning AA screen. Is there any way to resolve this?

Car: 2015 Mazda 3, FW 59.00.411
AA: Standard AA from MZD-AIO-TI v2.8.6
Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro, latest Android 11, latest AA from Play Store

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ideas:
1. You could update to 59.00.502, as some here in the forum say, that this is the most stable version for AIO AA. But install Autorun/ID7 Tweak from AIO before updating the FW, so that you still can install tweaks via usb after the update to .502.
2. Install official AA/CP: Install Autorun/ID7 Tweak from AIO before updating the FW, so that you still can install tweaks via usb after the update. Update to 70.00.100. Install the new hub + 2 cables. Install your desired AIO Tweaks (AA will work more stable than AIO AA).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ideas:
1. You could update to 59.00.502, as some here in the forum say, that this is the most stable version for AIO AA. But install Autorun/ID7 Tweak from AIO before updating the FW, so that you still can install tweaks via usb after the update to .502.
2. Install official AA/CP: Install Autorun/ID7 Tweak from AIO before updating the FW, so that you still can install tweaks via usb after the update. Update to 70.00.100. Install the new hub + 2 cables. Install your desired AIO Tweaks (AA will work more stable than AIO AA).
Thanks for the quick reply! I might try #1 as #2 you are referring to the OEM hardware upgrade for AA, correct?

·
Registered
Mazda 3 Sedan
5 Posts
Dear Sifus,

I'm using Mazda 3 2021.
If I install the tweak, will I get:
1. Mazda 3 infotainment is it a touch screen?
2. Can the Waze be connected to the heads-up unit and our odometer area?
3. Has anyone installed the tweak for Mazda 3 2019 version? Any pictures or any advice?
4. Does Mazda 3 2021 can use wifi if I install a tweak.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Everyone, been trying to install Id7 have followed instructions on Mazda Tweaks, I get the fast scrolling text etc and my CP2012 is flashing TX & RX. While the text is scrolling fast I press enter in the terminal window input user jci and that is as far as I get, I guess i'm doing something wrong, have tried for about an hour, so i'm pretty clueless, hope someone has an idea, i'm using a 128 MB USB stick formatted with FAT32. V59.00.502

9281 - 9300 of 9325 Posts