9261 - 9280 of 9299 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What I would do if I were you / ideas:
  • Check if usb is formatted FAT32 - it should be
  • Check if tweak files are copied to the usb stick
  • Check if other usb sticks work
  • Check if it works in the other usb slot (there are two)
Hi Tristan, what an honor to get an answer by the grand master himself :D
I've read quite a lot of your comments which helped me finding my way through the whole process of updating, tweaking etc, so thank you very much for all the posts you ever made :)
Regarding your suggestions, the only thing I didn't try yet was to use a different USB-Stick, although I highly doubt that this is gonna do much. The stick I'm using right now did work just two days ago when I used it to install the Video-Player, and it's the same stick that I used to update my car's firmware today, so I have no real reason to believe that it developed any kind of error all of a sudden. Nevertheless I will, of course, give your idea a shot! I'll post how it worked out, probably tomorrow.
But since I pretty much lost hope already, I ordered all the necessary tools to do the serial process.
I studied the tutorial on mazdatweaks.com very thoroughly and (since I'm rather tech-savvy) also understand most of the steps and commands that are being performed there. Two things I don't understand though, and that might be because I'm not too familiar with linux-based systems:

1) Why does pressing the Enter-Button initiate the login-process?
2) Why is it necessary to reboot the CMU after it initiates the login-process?
3) After the reboot I'm supposed to type in "user" - [Enter] - "jci" - [Enter]. Does this mean that I'm logging in as a user called "user" with the password "jci" or am I logging in as "jci" with no password? In any case, how did the developers of this method got to know the username and password to log in into the CMU?

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I am happy that my posts helped. But I am not the grand master, just a user as well.

Another idea: Quick format your before used usb stick, copy your AIO tweaks to it and try again. Perhaps this helps.

Answers:
1. I do not know, but thats the way it is.
2. I have never done it and it worked well so far. But that does not mean that there is a good reason to do so. Trezdog must have had a reason to state it.
3. It means that you are logging in as a user called "user" with the password "jci". About the source I have no knowledge/never read about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I am happy that my posts helped. But I am not the grand master, just a user as well.

Another idea: Quick format your before used usb stick, copy your AIO tweaks to it and try again. Perhaps this helps.
I've also done that right away, unfortunately that didn't do the trick. In any case, I'll keep you posted about the outcomes of my next steps. Have a good evening, and thank you again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm on firmware version 56 so should be fine for AIO tweaks.

I have copied files to USB (FAT 32) from MAC , used numerous USB sticks (formatting every time) but cannot get install process to run. I followed the steps, inserted stick and turned on accessory mode (waited 20 mins) It recognises the USB stick every time.

I have also tried to rename the "tweaks.sh" file to new name "run.sh" to no avail

Can someone offer any suggestions?

Update:

Ok, All installed now.
I used a work windows based PC to compile files from the tool and install went smoothly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, having AIO tweaks already installed. But made a mistake and removed usb flashdrive with swapfile when infotainment was running.

This probably corrupted the swapfile which is since then no longer used by the infotainment resulting in a sluggish gui response.

Is there any way to check & repair the swapfile on the flashdrive using linux ?

Instead of reinstalling via AIO app which died with my laptop due to i can't feel any passion about configuring all the tweaks stuff again.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
@Figo87 : Are you sure you drive a 2014-2018 Mazda3 (or similar car) ? I just ask, as I have never seen such a strange MZD firmware version. I did not know, that this exists. Is this what is shown when you go to setting - top right tab and then to the lower about/version info section? Info about MusicDatabase version is also missing.

With this version shown by you, I doubt that you can install any AIO Tweaks, as they are programmed to be installed at MZD Firmware which is something between 55.00.xxx and 70.00.352 (if using ID7v2).

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
So it might be that for Baidu Carlife you/your dealer had to install a special firmware, which is other than what usually is installed... at least modified for Baidu Carlife. So we can not tell you, what original firmware version your installed version is based on. I would guess like official AA/CP it is based on some FW 70. If I were you, I would try to directly install AIO Tweaks via USB. If it works, it is perfect. But I doubt it and it might be that you have to use one of the serial accesses (ID7 or ID7v2) to be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB (if that works at all):
ID7 for up to/including 70.00.100: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial
ID7v2 for 70.00.335 and 70.00.352: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
But there is no guarantee that this works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, brand new here - I've got a 2016 scion IA (same as the Mazda 2) and installed the AIO Mazda tweaks on a fat 32 USB drive via IOS.

However, I plug my flash drive into the USB port and enter ACC and... Nothing happens. Is there a way to force the files to run? Do I need every file and folder from Mazda tweaks, including txf files, etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
To format the usb stick to FAT32 use a windows pc. If you had, try other usb sticks, as some are not working.

AIO copies over all necessary files to your usb stick.

Which MZD firmware version is installed in your car? Perhaps installing via usb is already blocked of your version is too high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I bought a FAT32 USB drive already, so there shouldn't be an additional need to format it, right?

Are there issues with running the IOS version?

Finally, the car is running firmware version 55, so that shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Right. But to eliminate the possibility that there is one, I would try to quick format it via windows. And as I said before: Some usb sticks do not work - they do not get recognized by the MZD at all. You can check that, if you insert the usb stick in the car - then at the top row of the MZD display should appear some text that the USB stick was recognized. If not, your usb stick does not work with the MZD (or is not formatted FAT32).

I never used the iOS version, so I can not tell you, if with AIO iOS there are problems or not. But to eliminate the possibility that there is one, I would try the AIO Windows version.

Correct, FW 55 should be fine to AIO tweaks be installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For those with firmware 70.00.355+ NA, where wifi is disabled, did anyone managed to enable wifi? What was the procedure?

I am bit confused as instructions are not clear for those that have 70.00.355+. XX folder does not include start-wifiAP folder, and I'm not sure if I add it, would that cause issues with installation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm relatively new to modding my Mazda 6 but I have a question for you @Tristan-cx5 (as it seems you are pretty fit in this whole modding thing).

I bought my Mazda 6 with the firmware 70.00.367 EU and downgraded that to 59.00.545 about 2 months ago.

I didn't manage to do the serial access in the same day.

Now my question is do I have to do the ID7 method or the ID7v2 Method because my car had the 70.x firmware installed at some time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, @Tristan-cx5 today I connected the Wires to the CMU and wanted to connect via putty to it.

Putty accepts the session but there is no flying text like in the tutorial suggested.

The USB Adapter (bought the same as in the Mazda tweaks instructions suggested) has the red and blue LED on (not blinking though but constantly on).

Does this mean I have to do the IDv2 method or does it mean the adapter is broken.
Or simpler: Even if IDv2 is needed shouldn't the flying text output be still there ?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you do the ID7 at 59.00.545 like the instructions at www.mazdatweaks.com/serial say, you should see text flying by. I guess your adapter connection of RX (receiving) cable is not correct. I can not tell, if the adapter is broken. My adapter has no lights, so I can not help with LEDs.

For screenshots about how ID7v2 looks like, see the separate thread for ID7v2 (called "ID7 Recovery v2") - I posted photos of my experience there in Post #47: ID7 Recovery v2

9261 - 9280 of 9299 Posts