2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9241 - 9260 of 9299 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I accidentally deleted some files from /root directory of my CMU, using ssh. The CMU is working now without problems, but I can no-more install new tweaks. If I put my USB flash with any tweak nothing come up for installation. could anyone send me the files that are normally present in the /root directory to copy them back with ssh using a flash disk (I still can connect to the CMU with ssh).

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Would be good, if you could specify a little more... which firmware version, ID7 or ID7v2? Which \root or folders?

This is the ID7v2 location - you can copy the ID7v2 files there via SSH as well, if you set the permission via UART first (perhaps there are more possibilities).
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

This is the complete file structure of 70.00.367 EU (downloading this via SSH takes forever, I aborted after some minutes as it still did not download, but was still indexing the list for the download with all subfolders):
Rectangle Font Software Screenshot Parallel

...I would call it root, but there is a link to \root as well, which includes just one folder/file:
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

So what exactly do you need?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I installed 59.00.502 ADR, but only found one file - see attachment. But I doubt that your issue is due to this file:
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

Content of this file (which I can not ad here - also not renamed):
Rectangle Water Font Art Window

Code, if you want to create the file by yourself (example: create txt file, insert code, save, rename file and upload to CMU via SSH):
Code:
cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/; chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun; /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun
ls -l /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin
... but this file could be just a history of my UART input to add the ID7 to this 59.00.502 ADR. Other than that there were no files/folders in \tmp\root.

If I were you, I would check, if the ID7 files are all in the folder /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to share this or not, but I think I may have found a way to preserve access and still be able to update to the latest firmware.
It's taken a good deal of reverse engineering.

I have been documenting some of my work on Mazda CMU Documentation

Specifically, it's possible to replace the certificates that are used to verify the updates. Once replaced, we can sign our own updates, and flash modified failsafe and root images to the CMU

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 CX-9 GT driver here. I upgraded my FW to 59.00.546NA back in September 2021 and was able to keep the tachometer info displayed on the AD-HUD. Recently I had to disconnect the battery for about an hour to install the paddle shifters on the steering wheel and now the option to display the tach on the HUD is gone. I read some Mazda Bulletin saying that they removed the option from some FW version onwards but was wondering if it's possible to bypass that and enable it with a tweak?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, "For 2016 CX-9 with version earlier than 59.00.441, the tachometer function will be removed from the Active Driving Display as part of Mazda’s continuing efforts to improve safety and reduce driver distraction."
WTF Mazda!!
Maybe @silverchris above can help restoring this function with a tweak he seems to have good knowledge of the software.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it's here blm_settings-system.xml but I'm no expert.

Code:
    <Node key="HUD">
        <Node key="NavigationSignal"                    data="S16" value="2">
            <Node key="_MIN_"                           data="S16" value="1"/>
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="S16" value="2"/>
        </Node>
        <Node key="StreetInformation"                   data="S16" value="2">
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="S16" value="3"/>
        </Node>
        <Node key="Tachometer"                          data="S16" value="1">
        </Node>
        <Node key="GearShiftIndicator"                  data="S16" value="1">
        </Node>
        <Node key="CHudNavigation"                      data="S16" value="2">
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="S16" value="35"/>
        </Node>
        <Node key="Hud_Type"                            data="U8" value="0">
            <Node key="_MIN_"                           data="U8" value="0"/>
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="U8" value="2"/>

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it's here blm_settings-system.xml but I'm no expert.

Code:
    <Node key="HUD">
        <Node key="NavigationSignal"                    data="S16" value="2">
        </Node>
        <Node key="StreetInformation"                   data="S16" value="2">
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="S16" value="3"/>
        </Node>
        <Node key="Tachometer"                          data="S16" value="1">
        </Node>
        <Node key="GearShiftIndicator"                  data="S16" value="1">
        </Node>
        <Node key="CHudNavigation"                      data="S16" value="2">
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="S16" value="35"/>
        </Node>
        <Node key="Hud_Type"                            data="U8" value="0">
            <Node key="_MIN_"                           data="U8" value="0"/>
            <Node key="_MAX_"                           data="U8" value="2"/>
I didn't even know that some of the active driving displays had a tach.
Are the CX-3 and Mazda3 active driving displays the same?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have Mazda 3 (2017) with fw 7ooo352 NA. I want to do aio tweak. Does anyone have version 7000352 NA that can send to me? The tweak requires me to have an update file and serial connection.

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 2.5 GT Nav Sport Sky Activ Petrol Wagon (Aussie Import)
2 Posts
Those should change when you change the mode on your instrument panel. Should be a button that looks just like the trip odometer reset, but on the opposite side from it
Hi, I only have the odometer reset. My version doesn't have the other stick. Any idea if it's still possible?

As an alternative, I have installed the speedo tweak to show MPH on main display and it works well. However, it resets to KMPH each time I turn off the car. Does anyone know a way I can have the speedo automatically run when car starts, or even save so that it displays MPH as default?

Background for request..I have a compliance test for my import car and it must display MPH and KMPH, will be less friction if the guy doing the test can easily see MPH on display and KMPH on cluster speedo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I also got a question. I have a Mazda 6, bought it with the Firmware 59.00.331, so I was able to successfully install all the tweaks via USB (also installed the ID7 Recovery Script Pack). I tested it with the Dryrun Script as well, and according to that everything was OK. I did not install SSH-Bringback, although as far as I understand this is not necessary for the Recover Script Pack to work.
I once uninstalled all the tweaks by selecting "full system restore", but it is explicitly stated that autorun & recovery scripts are not removed by doing this. I think I even reinstalled the recovery scripts after that, just in case, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
In preparation to install the retrofit kit, I successfully upgraded my firmware to "70.00.100 EU N" (file names were cmu150_EU_70.00.100A_failsafe.up and cmu150_EU_70.00.100A_reinstall.up).
My issue now: I can't install tweaks via USB anymore :/
I prepared the USB stick as always, went into ACC-mode, put in the USB stick, and nothing happens :(

Any idea what went wrong? Is there any chance to make this work via USB again or is my only chance now to regain access by establishing a serial connection?

Thank you for your help in advance!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
What I would do if I were you / ideas:
  • Check if usb is formatted FAT32 - it should be
  • Check if tweak files are copied to the usb stick
  • Check if other usb sticks work
  • Check if it works in the other usb slot (there are two)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I only have the odometer reset. My version doesn't have the other stick. Any idea if it's still possible?

As an alternative, I have installed the speedo tweak to show MPH on main display and it works well. However, it resets to KMPH each time I turn off the car. Does anyone know a way I can have the speedo automatically run when car starts, or even save so that it displays MPH as default?

Background for request..I have a compliance test for my import car and it must display MPH and KMPH, will be less friction if the guy doing the test can easily see MPH on display and KMPH on cluster speedo.

Thanks!
I can take a look around while I am playing with things. Can't promise anything though.
My Canadian model just has a button that switches it. Suppose one option would be to import an Canadian cluster and swap it out, too, though I am not sure what if any complications would be from that

·
Registered
252 Posts
I didn't even know that some of the active driving displays had a tach.
Are the CX-3 and Mazda3 active driving displays the same?
I've only seen it on CX9, I believe setting is in that .xml and a bit in IC AsBuilt to enable it but it wasn't researched. Again how much distraction a tach graph might add when already it's a bunch of info around.
Flash photography Font Circle Fashion accessory Darkness

9241 - 9260 of 9299 Posts