2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9181 - 9200 of 9420 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys. Recently I installed 70.00.100 with the new hub and everything went OK with AA. Is there a way to recover touchscreen while navigating? It is really difficult to use some software like Fermata or apps that require touchscreen (you cannot select videos on Youtube e.g.). I tried with the available tweak but no luck.

Let me know, please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I am trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong or it's not possible for my version. My question is running CastScreen and even SSH.

My CMU version is 70.00.335C and I have been able to install ID7v2 with the update + serial and have installed AIO tweaks. I did install SSH_bringback, but I am unable to connect via SSH.

My question is for version 70.00.335C is CastScreen possible? Is it also possible to ssh in via USB connection with Android phone? I tried connecting to 127.0.0.1 via port 2222 with user cmu but I am unable to connect. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Perhaps SSH via USB-cable to your Android does not work, due to the wrong adapter. Here are some connection methods described, which work for SSH: 5 вариантов подключения к CMU Mazda — Mazda 3, 1.6 л., 2015 года на DRIVE2 (in russian, but you could eg. use Chrome`s automatic translator). You have to use another fixed IP-address and port, like mentioned there.

For me SSH worked via USB-Ethernet Adapter with an Asix AX88772A-Chip to my notebook/laptop. I think I had to give the adapter a fixed IP-address.

Also it worked via WiFi Hotspot created by my mobile phone (MZD and notebook/laptop were connected to it) and then using SSH via notebook/laptop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perhaps SSH via USB-cable to your Android does not work, due to the wrong adapter. Here are some connection methods described, which work for SSH: 5 вариантов подключения к CMU Mazda — Mazda 3, 1.6 л., 2015 года на DRIVE2 (in russian, but you could eg. use Chrome`s automatic translator). You have to use another fixed IP-address and port, like mentioned there.

For me SSH worked via USB-Ethernet Adapter with an Asix AX88772A-Chip to my notebook/laptop. I think I had to give the adapter a fixed IP-address.

Also it worked via WiFi Hotspot created by my mobile phone (MZD and notebook/laptop were connected to it) and then using SSH via notebook/laptop.

Thank you that did help. I used your last method via WiFi Hotspot to make it work. I am able to SSH in now.

However, I am still having issues getting CastScreen to work.

My environment:

CMU: NA 70.00.335C
Phone: Android 12
installed AIO tweaks, CastScreen Receiver, etc...

I have tried couple different methods.

Method 1:

I have connected the usb cable to the phone and the CMU is connected to my phone's hotspot. I have USB debugging on. I have CastScreen 1.0.1 apk installed on the phone and have used H264, 800x480 @ 160, 1 Mbps
Set receiver to 127.0.0.1 clicked receiver than start. In the ssh terminal I don't see anything after following the steps for debugging.

Method 2:

I have connected the usb cable to the phone and the CMU is connected to my phone's hotspot. I have USB debugging on. used H264, 800x480 @ 160, 1 Mbps
Set receiver to 192.168.24.30 and click start. That makes my phone thing it is casting and I do see some activity in the SSH terminal but I don't see anything show up on the MAZDA connect screen.

Computer Font Screenshot Software Multimedia

I have reinstalled the castscreen receiver on the CMU and tried methods 1 and 2 again to no luck. I know the usb cable does send some data as the MAZDA's native Android Auto works with my phone. I turn Android Auto off in the settings of the MAZDA then make sure the usb is in PTP. I tried MIDI and File sharing modes as well to no luck

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
No, sorry. I have no experience with Castscreen. Perhaps others can help.

Tipp: If the original Android Auto (AA) setting can not be activated again, you have to do a factory reset (or reinstall of the FW) to activate iAA again. That was in the early FW 70 the case - I do not know, if it is still necessary at .335 - hopefully not.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The only thing I heard about, which slows a CMU down, are too many dump files or no space left at the root partition. Perhaps it helps to delete dump file via usb tweak (not at the root partition) or to free space at the root partiton via SSH. See e.g. this thread for some more info:
CMU - RootFS is Full 100% - how to fix it ?

Oh, and for the root partition you could delete some fonts - see e.g. this post:

·
Registered
21 Posts
HI Tristan-cx5. Do you have the AA_1.15B to share or where to get? I found the Radarwild account banned..... Sad

update: Currently I'm running V 59.00.502 4A N. If I use the default 2.8.6 AIO AA, is there any problem? Thx

No, sorry. I have no experience with Castscreen. Perhaps others can help.

Tipp: If the original Android Auto (AA) setting can not be activated again, you have to do a factory reset (or reinstall of the FW) to activate iAA again. That was in the early FW 70 the case - I do not know, if it is still necessary at .335 - hopefully not.
The only thing I heard about, which slows a CMU down, are too many dump files or no space left at the root partition. Perhaps it helps to delete dump file via usb tweak (not at the root partition) or to free space at the root partiton via SSH. See e.g. this thread for some more info:
CMU - RootFS is Full 100% - how to fix it ?

Oh, and for the root partition you could delete some fonts - see e.g. this post:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I do not have AA 1.15 and even if, I would not share, as everything related Radarwilds developments like 1.14/1.15 got banned/deleted in this forum. Perhaps someone can send it to you via PM, but I can not.

I am not aware of all the bugs AA 1.13 of AIO 2.8.6 has, as I use original AA since many years now, as this was back then much more stable. Just search for the users posts sharing/reporting their experience with AIO AA - there should be plenty in this forum. From what I know .502 should be the most stable FW for AIO AA 1.13.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do not have AA 1.15 and even if, I would not share, as everything related Radarwilds developments like 1.14/1.15 got banned/deleted in this forum. Perhaps someone can send it to you via PM, but I can not.

I am not aware of all the bugs AA 1.13 of AIO 2.8.6 has, as I use original AA since many years now, as this was back then much more stable. Just search for the users posts sharing/reporting their experience with AIO AA - there should be plenty in this forum. From what I know .502 should be the most stable FW for AIO AA 1.13.
Thank you for the reply @Tristan-cx5. You are the man. Because I might overheard the overheat issue that cause by out date earlier than version 1.13. I think should be the for V70 above. Because I worry it will fried my CMU and I need to pay thousand to get a replacement just for a short term enjoyment of Android Auto

If my current Version 502 is compatible with 1.13 then I will just stick with it :) . Thank you once again

9181 - 9200 of 9420 Posts