2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9141 - 9160 of 9317 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
But it seems that my CX3 (2016) wont see my USB. I have been wating several minutes, but nothing happens.
Ignore. I did not read the later posts.

----
Someone used a large capacity stick (I don't know how big it was) and saw the same behavior as you did.
As soon as he changed it to smaller capacity (again, I don't know how small it was), it worked right away.
I use 2GB to 8GB sticks for this purpose, and never had problems.

Looks like CMU does not recognize really big sticks.
I leave 32GB stick with my music library in my car, so it recognizes at least as large as 32GB.
I never tried anything bigger. Someone here should have better knowledge on that.

·
andrep
19 Posts
Hi In my cx 3 from 2016 there was never a problem.
I had version 59.00.513 by default, then I uploaded ID7. Later I uploaded 59.00545 - 70.00.021 - 59.00.502 - and now I uploaded 70.00.100 because I replaced the USB module but I use AiO and various amenities all the time. I use an 8GB pendrive to upload modifications or a 2GB, while for music, if necessary, it reads with much larger capacity.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
But you wrote, that you have FW 55 installed, right? So this should not be the issue. Or am I mixing some posts up? Then sorry... if you have installed FW 59.00.5022 or higher, then your assumption is correct, that a serial access is necessary to be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
But you wrote, that you have FW 55 installed, right? So this should not be the issue. Or am I mixing some posts up? Then sorry... if you have installed FW 59.00.5022 or higher, then your assumption is correct, that a serial access is necessary to be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB.
My OS-version is 59.00.502 EU N
Thank you for your effort towards me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I previously had installed AIO tweaks a while back, however, I uninstalled the tweaks using the AIO tweaks app (which uninstalled the AIO app as well) on the Mazda to "revert to stock" prior to updating to v70 just to be safe because I am going to be installing the Apple CarPlay retrofit.

I will check my version and update soon, but I'm like 99% sure it's v59.x prior to the one that requires serial connection.

I was wondering if there's anything I need to do before updating to make sure I can re-install tweaks? I did a bit of digging and it looks like I need to run autorun & recovery prior to updating but I am not exactly sure what that entails - or if I even need it (I can't remember if I did before). Does uninstalling the tweaks remove everything including those scripts as well?

Thank you for your help, this forum is great!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I would recommend you to install Autorun=ID7 from AIO's top right corner prior to the FW update. Just to be sure. Then you can update up to/including 70.00.100 and still keep the ability to install tweaks via USB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recommend you to install Autorun=ID7 from AIO's top right corner prior to the FW update. Just to be sure. Then you can update up to/including 70.00.100 and still keep the ability to install tweaks via USB.
Okay, I'll do that. I'm on 55.00.753 NA N. Can you/is it worth to update to 70.00.367A or should I just stick with 70.00.100A?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, something strange happened to me yesterday. I wanted to update the Music Database but I got a warning that in Spanish could not be read (long description).
So I tried the process again changing language from Spanish to English. There was an error and it gave me the option to retry. I retried. After that, the language changed but tweaks like AA and Speedometer appeared like _speedometer or _androidauto and they stopped working.

I had to reinstall them and they are working ok again (English language for the Infotainment now)

Does someone know what about this? Would that affect recovery tweaks as well? Do I have to reinstall recovery tweaks just in case?:unsure:

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, Just got a new CX-3 from 2017. Now i'm investigating the option to support android-auto/apple-car play. Now i already asked a dealer if this is possible and it was, but will set me back 350,-

Current OS-Version: 70.00.367 EU N
  • Does the MZD-AIO works without replacing the CMU?
    • If so, what steps i need to follow. and is it safe/can i always roll-back
  • If i want apply carplay i guess i need a new CMU right?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
@stokkie90 :

With your current OS-Version 70.00.367 EU N AIO Tweaks are not possible at all. You can not enable your system to install them via USB. Only options: Downgrade the firmware to 70.00.352 EU, if you find the files online. And you will have to do the serial access calles ID7v2. Instructions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 (and read the basic knowledge at www.mazdatweaks.com/serial).

Other answers:
  • Yes, MZD-AIO works without replacing the CMU.
    • Steps see above. It is only safe, if you follow all insturctions. If you do not brick your CMU (which is possible, if you do not follow the update isntructions), then you can always roll back and forth between 59.00.502 and 70.00.367 (update/downgrade).
  • If you want to apply carplay, you need the new usb hub and 2 new cables... this official carplay then includes als official android auto. And requires prior to the hardware installation any installed FW 70. You do not need a new CMU for that. Exception: If you want to use Carplay Wireless, then you need the latest and most expensive new CMU (or an inofficial USB dongle for official Carplay). So Carplay is not available as AIO tweak.

9141 - 9160 of 9317 Posts