2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9141 - 9153 of 9153 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
USB Stick has to be FAT32 formatted. If that`s not the issue, then try another usb stick, as some USB Sticks are not recognized by the MZD at all.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
At your usb stick are the files of ID7v2. This will not work at your FW 55. Use the files of ID7/Autorun for FW 55, which can be found in AIO 2.8.6 top right corner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
But it seems that my CX3 (2016) wont see my USB. I have been wating several minutes, but nothing happens.
Ignore. I did not read the later posts.

----
Someone used a large capacity stick (I don't know how big it was) and saw the same behavior as you did.
As soon as he changed it to smaller capacity (again, I don't know how small it was), it worked right away.
I use 2GB to 8GB sticks for this purpose, and never had problems.

Looks like CMU does not recognize really big sticks.
I leave 32GB stick with my music library in my car, so it recognizes at least as large as 32GB.
I never tried anything bigger. Someone here should have better knowledge on that.

·
andrep
16 Posts
Hi In my cx 3 from 2016 there was never a problem.
I had version 59.00.513 by default, then I uploaded ID7. Later I uploaded 59.00545 - 70.00.021 - 59.00.502 - and now I uploaded 70.00.100 because I replaced the USB module but I use AiO and various amenities all the time. I use an 8GB pendrive to upload modifications or a 2GB, while for music, if necessary, it reads with much larger capacity.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
But you wrote, that you have FW 55 installed, right? So this should not be the issue. Or am I mixing some posts up? Then sorry... if you have installed FW 59.00.5022 or higher, then your assumption is correct, that a serial access is necessary to be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
But you wrote, that you have FW 55 installed, right? So this should not be the issue. Or am I mixing some posts up? Then sorry... if you have installed FW 59.00.5022 or higher, then your assumption is correct, that a serial access is necessary to be able to install AIO Tweaks via USB.
My OS-version is 59.00.502 EU N
Thank you for your effort towards me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I previously had installed AIO tweaks a while back, however, I uninstalled the tweaks using the AIO tweaks app (which uninstalled the AIO app as well) on the Mazda to "revert to stock" prior to updating to v70 just to be safe because I am going to be installing the Apple CarPlay retrofit.

I will check my version and update soon, but I'm like 99% sure it's v59.x prior to the one that requires serial connection.

I was wondering if there's anything I need to do before updating to make sure I can re-install tweaks? I did a bit of digging and it looks like I need to run autorun & recovery prior to updating but I am not exactly sure what that entails - or if I even need it (I can't remember if I did before). Does uninstalling the tweaks remove everything including those scripts as well?

Thank you for your help, this forum is great!

9141 - 9153 of 9153 Posts