2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
9121 - 9140 of 9361 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, Greetings from Mexico
I have a question, I have a mazda 2, 2019 with the FW 70.00.100, where I have a couple of tweaks.
The thing is that yesterday I went to the dealership to install the official AA/CarPlay, but, when I connect my phone (iPhone), it doesn’t let me select CarPlay, keeps dark. I’ve tried with different phones and cables but nothing, does anyone know how to fix it? Should I uninstall all the tweaks and then try again?
Also, in the dealership, they refuse to upgrade the sistem because it could brick the system.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
So, if connecting a cable to an iPhone and USB sticks does not lead to anything, I would guess that either the usb hub is defective or the dealership forgot to connect one or both new cables. I would (let) check the connections first (behind CMU and behind usb hub).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody,
Need a help with "Install Not Successful". I tried to instal mazda tweaks on CMU Mazda CX-5 with the firmware 70.00.367. Before that it was 70.00.21/
After updated the CMU to FW 70.00.367 I understood that impossible to install the tweaks. So, it was recommended to be downgraded to 70.00.352. I used the same instruction and almost finished the update but at the point 99% I got the screen with Install Not Successful: System failure.

Font Display device Electronic device Signage Rectangle
Rectangle Font Display device Electronic device Multimedia

So, the system is trying to get a finish of the update process and doing that in a permanent cycle without success.
Also, I was connected through the serial port and used the putty's console. The log, attached bellow, has some errors like that

Makefile:
Jan  1 00:00:20 reflash_app: [000.00:00:20.643624670], REFLASH, 230, reflash_app, 230, Warn, reflash_ul.c, REFLASH_UL_WriteLog 496, Failed to flush the reflash log file "/mnt/data_persist/reflash/reflash.log", error = 28 (No space left on device)!
Has somebody an idea how to resolve that issue or might be smd had the similar problem and knows how to fix it?
Thanks to all in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Ideas (no warranty that it works or makes it worse):
  • if you can SSH into the CMU, try to delete old dump files (as the error message states that there is no space left) like described here: AIO - All-In-One tweaks
  • to reset the CMU try to unplug the ROOM fuse for some minutes
  • check md5 hash of .352, if the downloaded file is corrupt. if so, try to redownload it or use another source

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ideas (no warranty that it works or makes it worse):
  • if you can SSH into the CMU, try to delete old dump files (as the error message states that there is no space left) like described here: AIO - All-In-One tweaks
  • to reset the CMU try to unplug the ROOM fuse for some minutes
  • check md5 hash of .352, if the downloaded file is corrupt. if so, try to redownload it or use another source
Thank you for your reply,
So, I have managed to do the second and third steps. I unpluged the ROOM fuse for 6 minutes but the problem is still going on. I also checked the md5 hash and confirmed that it was ok.
All in all I formated again the memory stick with FAT32 and standart allocation size. Than I put the cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up file to the memory stick and started the procedure one more time (automaticaly when ignition switch to ACC mode). Unfortunetely the result was same Install Not Successful: System failure.
I downloaded 70.00.352B from another source, checked the MD5 and will try again but not sure about the result. So, will see.

The one more chance is to use the SSH. But actually I do not know how to do that. How can I check if the SSH is available? May I use the serial connection with the putty's console and select the SSH or have to use another application and how?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
SSH: Good explanations could be found on drive2.ru - just open the link below with the Google Chrome Browser and let it translate the website for you automatically or use translate.google.com or any other service:
Edit: But if I remember correctly, you either have to have a lower FW version or have to install the AIO tweak to bring back SSH ... so this most probably is not an option for you. Sorry, but this came to my mind only right now... forgot about that.

Other Idea is to flash the SPI NOR - details here in the thread:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
As Tweak:
1. Install ID7 from AIO 2.8.6: www.mazdatweaks.com
2. Update to MZD firmware 70.00.100 Edit: 59.00.502, as it is said to be the best for using AIO AA 1.13 . All links to firmware in this forum were deleted, so look elsewhere and consider the correct region of the firmware.
3. Install AIO Android Auto Tweak 1.13 of AIO 2.8.6.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Edit: But if I remember correctly, you either have to have a lower FW version or have to install the AIO tweak to bring back SSH ... so this most probably is not an option for you. Sorry, but this came to my mind only right now... forgot about that.

Other Idea is to flash the SPI NOR - details here in the thread:
Yes, I tried to downgrade from 70.00.367 to 352 and got the failure system when the loader was 99%.
So, I have read the post Black Screen MZD and decided to attach here a small video with the mentioned above problem for analysing. The memory stick with the update-file was on the usb port at the moment.
Actually, I can read all data from the putty's console that is connected to the CMU through USB-TTL device. Here some critical fly by log-messages:
Failed to flush the reflash log file "/mnt/data_persist/reflash/reflash.log", error = 28 (No space left on device)!
Error, reflash_app.c, reflash_app_DetermineUpdateInitialScenario 3817, Normal OS image is not fully present! Starting Recover scenario.
sh: can't create /mnt/data_persist/SystemUpdateID.txt: No space left on device

I am not sure but it looks like not a real Black Screen MZD, because I can read everything by the serial connection and the log-file analysis says that the usb mounted ok, the version of the fail-safe and the UP-file is correct and so on.

Further, some other messages of the log-file that could be considered as positive moments:
Start to load fail safe linux image from SPI-NOR.
Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1...
/ # /dev/mmcblk0p1 mounted successfully at /mnt/resources
waiting for /dev/mmcblk0p2...
trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p2...
/dev/mmcblk0p2 mounted successfully at /mnt/data_persist
Searching for Custom UP in all mounted USB Devices ...
Loading stored UP information...
The stored Update Package ID is 1574402677
The stored Update Package location is "/mnt/sda1/cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up"
The stored Update package name is <cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up>
The stored UP type is "Reinstall".
The stored UP subtype is "Mass".
The UP Carrier type is 2.
State Storage: The extracted UP Display version = "70.00.352"
The stored UP Display version = "70.00.352"
Stored UP info: id=1574402677, name="cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up", type="Reinstall/Mass" (101/100), displ

Actually I am confused what to do. Need more information and advice, please

·
Registered
8 Posts
As Tweak:
2. Update to MZD firmware 70.00.100. All links to firmware in this forum were deleted, so look elsewhere and consider the correct region of the firmware.
first of all, ty for response
1. Install ID7 from AIO 2.8.6: www.mazdatweaks.com can you help on this one?
I know how to install AIO 1.13 but have no Idea how to install ID7

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
@ufromgeorgia : ID7 = Autorun: plug an empty FAT32 formatted usb stick to your computer, open AIO 2.8.6 - top right corner, tick checkbox, then click compile autorun at the top button. Copy the files directly to the usb stick. unplug the usb. go to car, stat engine or ACC (push start button 2 times), plug the usb stick in, wait and follow pop-up instructions at MZD display.

·
Registered
17 Posts
first of all, ty for response
1. Install ID7 from AIO 2.8.6: www.mazdatweaks.com can you help on this one?
I know how to install AIO 1.13 but have no Idea how to install ID7
@ufromgeorgia @Tristan-cx5
Tristan-cx5 said:
As Tweak:
2. Update to MZD firmware 70.00.100. All links to firmware in this forum were deleted, so look elsewhere and consider the correct region of the firmware.
AA v1.13 will not work on fw70+.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Thanks a lot Jimmy3 - you are right. My fault, sorry. I mixed it up with the Original Mazda AA/CP, which requires FW 70. So AIO AA 1.13 works only up to FW 59.00.546 - in this forum here is said FW 59.00.502 to be the best working for AIO AA.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I tried to downgrade from 70.00.367 to 352 and got the failure system when the loader was 99%.
So, I have read the post Black Screen MZD and decided to attach here a small video with the mentioned above problem for analysing. The memory stick with the update-file was on the usb port at the moment.
Actually, I can read all data from the putty's console that is connected to the CMU through USB-TTL device. Here some critical fly by log-messages:
Failed to flush the reflash log file "/mnt/data_persist/reflash/reflash.log", error = 28 (No space left on device)!
Error, reflash_app.c, reflash_app_DetermineUpdateInitialScenario 3817, Normal OS image is not fully present! Starting Recover scenario.
sh: can't create /mnt/data_persist/SystemUpdateID.txt: No space left on device

I am not sure but it looks like not a real Black Screen MZD, because I can read everything by the serial connection and the log-file analysis says that the usb mounted ok, the version of the fail-safe and the UP-file is correct and so on.

Further, some other messages of the log-file that could be considered as positive moments:
Start to load fail safe linux image from SPI-NOR.
Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1...
/ # /dev/mmcblk0p1 mounted successfully at /mnt/resources
waiting for /dev/mmcblk0p2...
trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p2...
/dev/mmcblk0p2 mounted successfully at /mnt/data_persist
Searching for Custom UP in all mounted USB Devices ...
Loading stored UP information...
The stored Update Package ID is 1574402677
The stored Update Package location is "/mnt/sda1/cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up"
The stored Update package name is <cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up>
The stored UP type is "Reinstall".
The stored UP subtype is "Mass".
The UP Carrier type is 2.
State Storage: The extracted UP Display version = "70.00.352"
The stored UP Display version = "70.00.352"
Stored UP info: id=1574402677, name="cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up", type="Reinstall/Mass" (101/100), displ

Actually I am confused what to do. Need more information and advice, please
Try cleaning the "/data_persist" manually to get more space, because the script of cleaning "/data_persist" in the "cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up" do it only if it's size is greater than 150MB.
To do so, you connect via USB-TTL and try executing these commands and then try the firmware update again:

rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/*
rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/saved_logs/*.bz2
rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/saved_logs/*.gz
rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/saved_resource_data/*.gz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try cleaning the "/data_persist" manually to get more space, because the script of cleaning "/data_persist" in the "cmu150_EU_70.00.352B_update.up" do it only if it's size is greater than 150MB.
To do so, you connect via USB-TTL and try executing these commands and then try the firmware update again:

rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/*
rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/saved_logs/*.bz2
rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/saved_logs/*.gz
rm -rf /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/saved_resource_data/*.gz
Thank you!
So, how could I check the size? May I use this command
Code:
ls -l /tmp/mnt/data_persist
or should execute another one? Maybe I have to check /data_persist exectly on the memory stick an if it's size is greater than 150MB will do the above mentioned commands?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can use the command
du -h /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/

/data_persist/ is on the CMU and not on the memory stick.
Salute everybody!
I end up manage to fix it!!!
First of all thanks @issam_isl and @Tristan-cx5 for the right way and actually good advice.
I would like to describe what have I done. The issue was probably similar as mentioned here at the post #7,777 · Oct 17, 2019 and concerned the big size of the log files, especially a dump. It's really true.
So, I had tried to execute the command
# ls -l /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/
/bin/sh: /: Permission denied

but the response as we can see was negative. Than the next one was with du command:
/ # du -h /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/
du: /tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/: No such file or directory

and the result was not positive as well.
I do not why but eventually submitted just # du -h and got really splendid result: there was full list of files and folders with relative paths like ./tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/ not absolute as mentioned above/tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/.
Of course, then I read the the size of all folders and the interested one, namely, ./tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/ was exactly 500Mb!!! In my case the dot before the first slash (./) was principal.
All other folders in the directory ./tmp/mnt/data_persist/log: saved_logs, saved_resource_data and error_logs were not so big, approximately up to 70 Mb. So, these folders I didn't touch and leave them as it is.
I just remove all files from directory ./tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/ by the command
# rm -rf ./tmp/mnt/data_persist/log/dumps/*
Than I put the memory stick into the usb port, so the update process was started and went on further. After 5 min I got the really fantastic message as the "Version 70.00.352 software install was successful. Please turn ACC off and on again for changes to take effect". Next I removed the usb stick and put it into the laptop, downloaded the ID7_Recovery_XX to the usb and return this memory stick to the usb port of my car.
Al in all I execute some other commands for getting the ability of the CMU installing tweaks:
# cp -r /mnt/sd*/XX/* /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/
# chmod +x /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun
# /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/autorun

Finally I finished the update/downgrade in compliance with the update-manual: removed usb stick, close all doors, lock vehicle with remote and so on.
After 4 min I switched the car in ACC mode and got absolutely functional and rooted CMU.
The tweaks installs, the SSH works! The AndroidAuto (AA) is possible to install but it doesn't start after the connection of mobile. It's probably closed or well-secured for FW 70.00.XXX
If somebody knows how to lunch the AA using the mentioned FW, let me know, please.

Ok, the main result is the CMU is unbriked and works as if nothing had happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@ufromgeorgia : ID7 = Autorun: plug an empty FAT32 formatted usb stick to your computer, open AIO 2.8.6 - top right corner, tick checkbox, then click compile autorun at the top button. Copy the files directly to the usb stick. unplug the usb. go to car, stat engine or ACC (push start button 2 times), plug the usb stick in, wait and follow pop-up instructions at MZD display.
Done. But it seems that my CX3 (2016) wont see my USB. I have been wating several minutes, but nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?

Grtz Jer

9121 - 9140 of 9361 Posts