2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
8981 - 9000 of 9020 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The new hub, like the old one, only supports USB 2. But most USB 3 sticks are downward compatible to USB 2 and some can be used with the old/new hub. I do use a USB 3 stick myself (earlier with the old hub, now with the new hub).

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's seem like if you restore all the settings of your mazda connect after update your firmware version, deletees the ID7 recovery...

First of all I just install ID7 recovery scrips on my 55.00.753 (and to be sure I also use an script to check if the installation was correct) after this, I update to 59.00.502, and after the update was finished I just restore all the configuration of my CMU (A silly idea believing it would be a cleaner installation). I just compile my tweaks with AIO like always, inserting my USB on my mazda, but nothing happens :( I mean, the usb it's recognized by the CMU but don't show something about the teaks.

I don't know if the tweks needs to be installed in a particular way after install ID7, to be honest I think I screwed up, and now I'm going to have to learn to live without my tweaks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Didn't work. By the way, I noticed something I thought was interesting. The icon used for this feature changes to a dark color when AA - Google Maps is used and switches back to a light color when back in the Mazda Infotainment system. But the numeric value displayed for this function stays white all the time.
@SBMongoos Im not quite sure if you have tried this yet but I found something interesting here that might work.

Re-compile a clean tweak of speedometer again with Aio, and then edit the file

/config/speedometer/speedometer-config.js

Line 274// Set to the color theme for Bar SpeedoMeter // Theme will be a number 0-5 (0 is default white) barTheme: 0, //0, theme and/or font is all white.

Now if you replace
barTheme: 1, //e.g 1, theme and/or font is all Aquamarine, change to 2, 3, 4 ,5 and see what it is.
Save the file for each value and install to your car and see what the font color will be. Good luck!

@emmanueldmc
I don't know if the tweaks needs to be installed in a particular way after install ID7, to be honest I think I screwed up, and now I'm going to have to learn to live without my tweaks.
To be honest you probably did messed up something along the way but hey look on the bright side. This mistake had lead you to an abundance of knowledge if you're willing to learn and tackle it head on (what tristan wrote "how to do the serial connection: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial"). You'll discover how to unlock your cmu to get full root access/regain tweaks installation (install amazing unofficial AA Tru_go from Radarwild), ssh, some linux code and could save some money in the long term and with confidence if you decided to go official mazda AA/CP retrofit DIY in the future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@SBMongoos Im not quite sure if you have tried this yet but I found something interesting here that might work.

Line 274// Set to the color theme for Bar SpeedoMeter // Theme will be a number 0-5 (0 is default white) barTheme: 0, //0, theme and/or font is all white.

Now if you replace
barTheme: 1, //e.g 1, theme and/or font is all Aquamarine, change to 2, 3, 4 ,5 and see what it is.
Save the file for each value and install to your car and see what the font color will be. Good luck!

@emmanueldmc

To be honest you probably did messed up something along the way but hey look on the bright side. This mistake had lead you to an abundance of knowledge if you're willing to learn and tackle it head on (what tristan wrote "how to do the serial connection: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial"). You'll discover how to unlock your cmu to get full root access/regain tweaks installation (install amazing unofficial AA Tru_go from Radarwild), ssh, some linux code and could save some money in the long term and with confidence if you decided to go official mazda AA/CP retrofit DIY in the future.
I finally resolve the issue. It's seems like if you use ID7 recovery you are instantly forced to use a run.sh instead a tweaks.sh. In AIO exist a specific option to compile the tweaks and add the run.sh at least.

So I think that this info can be useful if someone fave the same problem :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
The new hub, like the old one, only supports USB 2. But most USB 3 sticks are downward compatible to USB 2 and some can be used with the old/new hub. I do use a USB 3 stick myself (earlier with the old hub, now with the new hub).
I've got a functional USB 3.0 but the car doesn't even see it when I plug it in. It is set for format 32. Thought I'd read some time ago that USB 3 was an issue. I drive a '16.5 CX-5 GT.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Now if you replace
Tried this also...didn't work. Any other options for this by chance. A long time ago Trezdog had provided a tweak but the code has changed a lot and I don't have the snippet anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm back after hitting another roadblock in my attempt to install AIO. I got as far as the inputting the password "jci". I get "password incorrect". Any guidance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
A little more info would be appreciated to be able to help. With just that, it is not possible. Which firmware version is installed? What are you trying to do? ID7? ID7v2?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@jofe
Running fw59.00.502 you cannot install id7 or any aio tweaks unless you perform a serial connection and gain full root access. Go here its a detailed instructions how to do so even though its fw59.00.504, the process is exactly the same -> AIO Tweaks and Firmware Ver .502- READ THIS
Yes, I established a serial connection and actually used this video for reference. However when prompted for password, I input "jci" as the instructions state and get "password incorrect" as a result.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes, I established a serial connection and actually used this video for reference. However when prompted for password, I input "jci" as the instructions state and get "password incorrect" as a result.
@jofe
Make sure all your settings are correct especially baud 115200

username: cmu pass: jci

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yup :( I've all but lost hope at this point. But thanks to everyone for their input.
Just a thought. I'd run into some issues when doing this a while back. I found I needed to get some cables for a better connection. Before that my connection was sketchy and I sometimes had issues getting a response.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is any way to set DAB as default radio instead of FM, ?? or can remove or block FM on Cmu.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys, I got a question that current version is 70.00.335 with CarPlay, can still reinstall 70.00.335 in order to do series connection ?

What I heard say previously, do upgrade version before connect CarPlay kit, after connect to CarPlay kit can’t upgrade version.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yes, you can install .335 over .335.

For the ID7v2 serial process you can install .335 over .335 or update to .352. Thats possible with the old and with the new usb hub.

For the official Mazda AA/CP, you need to have installed any FW 70 before installing the Hardware. So if you already have .335 you do not need to do it again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks, does this set DAB as default or just sort it for visual.??
Cause when i disconnect my BT by default play Fm, i want to play Dab instead, does this fix it.??

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

8981 - 9000 of 9020 Posts