2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
8961 - 8980 of 9020 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hint: Before installing an update (up to/including 70.00.100) install the ID7/Autorun tweak from AIO`s top right corner.
I'm tempted to do that, just because the speed increase of the UI from 33 to 59 was incredibly improved so I can only imagine that the higher firmwares are even better. Thanks for the tip. Do I just select the "Install ID7_Recovery Script Pack" option when I compile it? I'm assuming I don't need the other options selected and can install this one standalone

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Correct, just this, standalone. But remember that some AIO tweaks might not work with FW 70 - like Android Auto... if you want to use Android Auto with FW 70 read the AA_TrueGo threads of user Radarwild.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correct, just this, standalone. But remember that some AIO tweaks might not work with FW 70 - like Android Auto... if you want to use Android Auto with FW 70 read the AA_TrueGo threads of user Radarwild.
Right on, thanks! Is there a specific firmware version you'd sugguest me maxing out at or should I just go to the latest one?
(I'm an apple user so android auto doesn't matter to me, and my touchscreen is busted so carplay would be pointless unless I replaced the screen anyway)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would go with 70.00.100. The higher/newer, the less bugs.
Alright, I installed the ID7/Autorun and then updated to 70.00.100. Everything went smooth.
Oddly enough it removed all of the tweaks and I had to reinstall them all even though I thought the FAQ said that wouldn't be required.
Regardless, everything works and I'm glad I did it! Thanks again dude!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright, I installed the ID7/Autorun and then updated to 70.00.100. Everything went smooth.
Oddly enough it removed all of the tweaks and I had to reinstall them all even though I thought the FAQ said that wouldn't be required.
Regardless, everything works and I'm glad I did it! Thanks again dude!

I'm about to do the same, with v70.00.100 were you able to install the AA_trugo app?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm about to do the same, with v70.00.100 were you able to install the AA_trugo app?
@blueskyactiv install id7 on your fw55-fw59, fw70.00.xxx-fw70.00.100 (ID7V2 for fw70.00.100+ to fw70.00.352). fw70 will mostly remove tweaks, some will remain like touch or colour change. Otherwise you'll be fine to install AA Tru_go_v1.15 after and incorporate with an usb data hub to work with an old usb hub. Unofficial AA v1.15 works fine with mazda newer hub.

@SBMongoos
In AIO Tweaks I have it setup where it displays the MPG during this drive to show up in the info bar next to the clock. Is there a way to change the color of this font? It's white by default and when in Google Maps I cannot see it.
Install aio status tweak and configure the preferred colour, this will be the same chosen colour for your speedometer status bar. Else edit the speedometer config folder/status file and search/modify the "mpg" colour text within and re-install.

·
Registered
148 Posts
@SBMongoos
Install aio status tweak and configure the preferred colour, this will be the same chosen colour for your speedometer status bar. Else edit the speedometer config folder/status file and search/modify the "mpg" colour text within and re-install.

View attachment 282921
Isn't the MPG this trip installed with the "Fuel Consumption" tweak listed on the menu? Poking around in the code it looks like when this is written to the USB drive there are several subfolders to dig through.

And just to be clear the MPG this trip sits in the location where I put the red circle in the image below. I modified yours to point it out. In my case it shows the MPG this trip number and a small speedometer icon next to it. I believe that's what the icon is. Quite small.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have FW 70.00.352 already installed. The server with the different FWs are not available anymore, so I want to keep the current FW and install AIO tweaks through the necessary serial connection process. Following the procedure word-by-word from ID7 Recovery v2 I need the update.up file for the process to work. But is this necessary if I don't want to change FW?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Isn't the MPG this trip installed with the "Fuel Consumption" tweak listed on the menu? Poking around in the code it looks like when this is written to the USB drive there are several subfolders to dig through.

And just to be clear the MPG this trip sits in the location where I put the red circle in the image below. I modified yours to point it out. In my case it shows the MPG this trip number and a small speedometer icon next to it. I believe that's what the icon is. Quite small.

View attachment 282926
Looks like the file to edit is probably: _copy_to_usb\config\speedometer\barThemes.css. But I don't find anything when searching MPG.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have FW 70.00.352 already installed. The server with the different FWs are not available anymore, so I want to keep the current FW and install AIO tweaks through the necessary serial connection process. Following the procedure word-by-word from ID7 Recovery v2 I need the update.up file for the process to work. But is this necessary if I don't want to change FW?
@DanishDude
I believe your answer is located here. Serial Connection - CMU 2T connection not working

Looks like the file to edit is probably: _copy_to_usb\config\speedometer\barThemes.css. But I don't find anything when searching MPG.
@SBMongoos
I believe the file to edit is at config/speedometer/jci/gui/apps/_speedometer/templates/SpeedBar/css/SpeedBarTmplt.css
Now search for lines color : white; and replace it all with color : yellow; or color : cyan; or any colors that suits you. Save the file, re-installation and see if that the font "MPG" changes color? Good luck!

·
Registered
148 Posts
@SBMongoos
I believe the file to edit is at config/speedometer/jci/gui/apps/_speedometer/templates/SpeedBar/css/SpeedBarTmplt.css
Now search for lines color : white; and replace it all with color : yellow; or color : cyan; or any colors that suits you. Save the file, re-installation and see if that the font "MPG" changes color? Good luck!
Went to the directory you listed above and opened "SpeedBarTmplt.css". I get no results when searching for "white". I'll install Notepad ++ or something and look again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Opened "SpeedBarTmplt.css". I get more than one hit when searching for white.
@SBMongoos
replace it all with
color : yellow;
or
color : cyan;
or any colors thats easy for you to see in google map/waze on the cmu display screen. Save the file, re-installation and see if that the font "MPG" changes color? Good luck! Tell us if it works or not.

·
Registered
148 Posts
@SBMongoos
replace it all with
color : yellow;
or
color : cyan;
or any colors thats easy for you to see in google map/waze on the cmu display screen. Save the file, re-installation and see if that the font "MPG" changes color? Good luck! Tell us if it works or not.
Didn't work.

By the way, I noticed something I thought was interesting. The icon used for this feature changes to a dark color when AA - Google Maps is used and switches back to a light color when back in the Mazda Infotainment system. But the numeric value displayed for this function stays white all the time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone know....since I have the updated USB Hub for AA/Car Play do I still need to use no later than a USB 2 device when loading AIO Tweaks. It's always been my understanding that a USB 3 memory stick wouldn't work but I don't know if the same rule applies to the updated hub.

8961 - 8980 of 9020 Posts