2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8841 - 8860 of 8910 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
@motolola : I always uninstalled all tweaks before a firmware update - just to be sure. But it depends to which firmware version you want to update to ... if you want to update to 70.00.335 or higher (.352 or .367) all tweaks are deleted at the update anyway. At .367 you can not install tweaks anymore. Directly after the update to .335 and .352 you can do the serial access process ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 to be able to install tweaks afterwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@motolola : I always uninstalled all tweaks before a firmware update - just to be sure. But it depends to which firmware version you want to update to ... if you want to update to 70.00.335 or higher (.352 or .367) all tweaks are deleted at the update anyway. At .367 you can not install tweaks anymore. Directly after the update to .335 and .352 you can do the serial access process ID7v2: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 to be able to install tweaks afterwards.
Thank you. I tried to instal AIO tweaks but failed. My AIO program was in my other laptop. Because I couldn't wait, I did not uninstalled the tweaks. I hope no problems will come in the future. This is my firmware update video

What tweaks that important for version 367, because I didn't install the autorun & recovery scripts. What would I miss?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
As you did not install autorun & recovery before the update to 59.00.502 or higher (70.00.100 in your case), you can not install tweaks via usb at the moment. If you want to install tweaks via usb, you can do the serial access at your 70.00.100: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial - or you update to 70.00.335 or 70.00.352 and do the appropriate serial access ID7v2 for these two versions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. You can not enable 70.00.367 to be able to install AIO tweaks via USB - at least no one published the "how to" so far.

·
Registered
483 Posts
One guy has WiFi AP problem.
Probably it was installed by mistake, not knowing what it's for.
So at each start he sees a message saying Modify default password.

He tried uninstalling it via separate WiFi AP uninstall tool from AIO (downloadable separately from Internet).
But it says, that WiFi AP is not installed. Remove USB Drive.

I thought - maybe he should just install it again and then uninstall. But, when trying to create a WiFi AP installer via Mazda AIO, after changing default SSID and password - it crashes.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Simply report it via E-Mail or at github as stated in the error message. Usually you receive a helpful answer by Trezdog44. I did it with a different error message in AIO some time ago.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ah, I see it was reported on GIT already.
But it seems that Trez abandoned the project. :(

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Thanks for the info. It`s a pity. But hey, he did it for years as hobby - for the benefit of many many drivers - so a big thanks to @Trezdog44 for all his effort and work (and to all the other developers of tweaks in AIO)!

And every project comes to an end somewhen. Let`s take a look at your XLS... this most probably also somewhen will come to an "end of life", as new Gen.7-Mazda`s (e.g. Mazda3 BP 2019+) As-Built can not be edited anymore, as IDS/Forscan is not supported anymore... or you switching the car brand or having less time or whatever can happen. But it will still remain a great source for older cars - same as AIO. And perhaps/hopefully some genius will find a way to edit new car`s values and CMUs of MZD II and creates a successor of AIO... have not heard of it, but hope so for all interested guys out there.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Back to the problem - did the guy with the WiFi AP problem already did a factory reset? Or an update to a newer firmware? Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
418 Posts
@15Maz3VA : It would be beneficial, if you tell us, what you tried and did not work. What code did you change/add in the headunit.json? I know, that there was a solution in some AIO AA version, but you had to add a new entry to a file (probably the headunit.json), but I can not find the post anymore, which mentioned it. Perhpas it was in one of those threads, which were deleted some time ago.

Perhaps @Trezdog44 can help you what to add to headunit.json of AIO AA to change the style of left hand drive (LHD) and right hand drive (RHD).

Edit: Does adding the following code to the headunit.json change anything?
Code:
"rightHandDrive": true
or
Code:
"rightHandDrive": false
... at the end of the line before has to be a "," comma.
That was a version I did some time ago. It required not only setting the json file, but also some changes in the app code. I don't remember the exact time, but it was before the changes made from Radarwild

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all from italy! My first post here. Really thanks a lot for this awesome tweaker, i've installed AA and all other tweaks very easily!
I have only one problem, when i use Android auto and i insert the reverse gear, the system return to Mazda menu, so I've to select again the android app in the application section. There's any solution? Can other tweaks be related to this issue? I run 59.000.443 EU N on my CX 3 2017.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I do not know, if other tweaks can be related to this issue. From what I have read here, the most stable firmware version for AIO Android Auto 1.13 should be 59.00.502. So an firmware update might solve your problem. Other option might be to try the fork/further development of user Radarwild, who created Android Auto Tweaks 1.14 and 1.15 - see seperate threads for these versions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everybody and first of all thank you for your great job.

I have a problem.
I got a Fiat 124 Spider and I did by myself the 70.00.100 firmware update, installing ID7 in advance, so that after the software update I could revert with the MazdaToFiatV70AIO all my original logos, names, nav and so on...
I went to the Mazda service to have the hardware installed, saying almost a thousand time not to update the software.
I told that to them so many times that they wrote it also on the work paper.
And what did they do?
They updated the firmware to version 70.00.367 (I think, I don’t remember), so now I have a Mazda branded car with no possibility of tweaking.
I downgraded to 70.00.100 again but now the tweaking via USB isn’t possible anymore.
If I downgrade again to version 59 will I be able to use again or reinstall ID7 or I have to come back to the service to kill them all?
What can I do to have back the possibility to use both your tweaks and the chance to reinstall Fiat logos, names, and the navigator?

·
Registered
8 Posts
As you did not install autorun & recovery before the update to 59.00.502 or higher (70.00.100 in your case), you can not install tweaks via usb at the moment. If you want to install tweaks via usb, you can do the serial access at your 70.00.100: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial - or you update to 70.00.335 or 70.00.352 and do the appropriate serial access ID7v2 for these two versions: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7. You can not enable 70.00.367 to be able to install AIO tweaks via USB - at least no one published the "how to" so far.
Am currently updating my system as I ordered the Retrofit parts. Was on 59.00.441, and uninstalled everything, then reinstalled just the few tweaks I want and made sure id7/auto-recover was activated. Will now be updating to 70.00.100A as it's needed for the official AA. My question: Because I have auto-recover working, can I update to 335 or 352 and still maintain tweaks/use usb without serial?

edit: Is there even a point to upgrade past .100a to just before 367a? Just noticed the HiDrive only contains those 2 firmwares.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
1. No. ID7/Autorun files will be deleted by the install of .335/.352/.367. Thats why you have to do ID7v2 directly after the install of .335/.352 (not possible at .367): www.mazdatweaks.com/id7

2. .335 and .352 are located in another folder - search for folder "z develop -> outdated" - direct link: HiDrive

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. No. ID7/Autorun files will be deleted by the install of .335/.352/.367. Thats why you have to do ID7v2 directly after the install of .335/.352 (not possible at .367): www.mazdatweaks.com/id7

2. .335 and .352 are located in another folder - search for folder "z develop -> outdated" - direct link: HiDrive
That being the case, is there even a noticeable difference from .100 to .335+ to warrant taking those extra steps?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
See the changelog info for an answer - e.g. here: HiDrive ...or search for the 70.00.335 NA thread here - perhaps there are more info about the difference from .100 to .335.

8841 - 8860 of 8910 Posts