2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8681 - 8691 of 8691 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
have successfully updated to 59.00.502 however now my car doesn't seem to recognise my USB stick to install the tweaks - (it is fat32 formatted)

any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Have you installed the AIO tweak "Autorun/ID7" before your update to 59.00.502? Thats a pre-requisite to be able to install tweaks from 59.00.502 and higher. If so, try other USB sticks. If not, you have to do the serial access to be able to install tweaks via usb: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I've got the phantom input issue and have been trying to solve it via software. I've managed to use the disable touchscreen tweak which has stopped the MZD connect software responding to inputs, but Android Auto responds to touch.

Is there anyway to turn off the touch controls for Android Auto?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
For which Android Auto? Official one or AIO Android Auto Tweak? I guess for official one there will be no way. For AIO Android Auto perhaps, if someone finds the correct line in the code (if there is some editable code for it).
Sorry, as touch only works for AIO AA and you wrote in the AIO thread, is obviously AIO AA meant.

Isn`t there a free exchange program ongoing for the ghost touch issue? SSPB6 or so? Perhaps you can ask your dealer? SSPB6 touch screen recall

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked this question earlier, but I want to try one more time.

I messed my original update. The unit says that the update failed and to insert a USB with the software packages. When I do this, the USB is read up to 6%, then the CMU restarts, and the update fails again.

I"ve tried multiple update packages with different USB devices. Since the USB is being read, does this mean I don't have the correct software update, or is the unit bricked.

I only want to tear apart my dash if necessary.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I have installed a bunch of AIO tweaks.
One of them is Android Auto which is working fine if I use an original cable.
However, when I disconnect my phone the screen goes black and the only way to fix this is to restart CMU.

Is this a known bug and is there a way to fix this?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think I read somewhere that this is a bug of the combination of Android Auto with some firmware versions. Others said MZD firmware version 59.00.502 to be the most stable version to use with AIO Android Auto. So a potential fix might be to install 59.00.502 (if you are below that at the moment, do not forget to install the autorun tweak from AIO prior to the firmware update).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am currently at 59.00.545. I will give it a try with downgrading to 502.
I hope it will help, thanks for the suggestion.

Another thing I have started to notice is music stuttering when playing through Android Auto.
Anyone else experienced this issue?
I am using an original cable since I had issues with running Android Auto at all when using a third-party cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve try to use AIO but too bad my touch screen is not working which make me unable to press yes to continue on the tweak...any idea how to solve this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I read somewhere that this is a bug of the combination of Android Auto with some firmware versions. Others said MZD firmware version 59.00.502 to be the most stable version to use with AIO Android Auto. So a potential fix might be to install 59.00.502 (if you are below that at the moment, do not forget to install the autorun tweak from AIO prior to the firmware update).
Downgrading to 502 fixed the issue.
Thanks.

Another thing I mentioned was music stuttering when playing music from Youtube Music through Android Auto.
The issue actually only happens if I use Waze while playing music.
With Google Maps everything is fine.
Just wanted to leave this here, it might be useful for someone.

8681 - 8691 of 8691 Posts