2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8441 - 8452 of 8452 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I successfully installed AA yesterday with AIO 2.8.6 and wireless connection worked when I followed the instructions.

However, today when I tried to connect wirelessly it doesn't work anymore?

1. I enabled hotspot on my phone.
2. Connected MZD to phone both wifi and bluetooth.
3. Opened AA on my phone and started head unit.
4. Opened Android Auto in MZD.
5. MZD Screen is stuck on the instructions screen and AA won't start.

Does anyone know what to do?

thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I successfully installed AA yesterday with AIO 2.8.6 and wireless connection worked when I followed the instructions.

However, today when I tried to connect wirelessly it doesn't work anymore?

1. I enabled hotspot on my phone.
2. Connected MZD to phone both wifi and bluetooth.
3. Opened AA on my phone and started head unit.
4. Opened Android Auto in MZD.
5. MZD Screen is stuck on the instructions screen and AA won't start.

Does anyone know what to do?

thanks
@iatnuy important information what AA version did you install? (v1.13 or v1.14b)?
AA wifi is unstable, audio stutters. Rule: you can connect on 1st attempt, 2nd+ attempt you must reboot cmu to reconnect by holding (mute & navi for 10sec) once everything loads reconnect. Save yourself a hassle and use USB cable connection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@iatnuy important information what AA version? (1.13 or 1.14b)?
AA wifi is unstable, audio stutters. Rule: you can connect on 1st attempt, 2nd+ attempt you must reboot cmu to reconnect by holding (mute & navi for 10sec) once everything loads reconnect. Save yourself a hassle and use USB cable connection.

Right, thanks. What's the difference between (mute+navi for 10 sec) and (back+mute+navi for 20 seconds)?

·
Registered
160 Posts

Right, thanks. What's the difference between (mute+navi for 10 sec) and (back+mute+navi for 20 seconds)?
@iatnuy (mute+navi for 10 sec) = easier and faster less buttons to hold down, v1.14b -> (HD quality, updated HUD features, right hand side drive for Australia, better wifi, google music or spotify does not skip track when paused..more refined etc). its up to u if u prefer v1.13. Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
@iatnuy (mute+navi for 10 sec) = easier and faster less buttons to hold down, v1.14b -> (HD quality, updated HUD features, right hand side drive for Australia, better wifi, google music or spotify does not skip track when paused..more refined etc). its up to u if u prefer v1.13. Cheers!
Thanks for this info. What would be the easiest way to update from v1.13 to v1.14b? looking for some dumbed down instructions if possible..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for this info. What would be the easiest way to update from v1.13 to v1.14b? looking for some dumbed down instructions if possible..
@iatnuy What would be the easiest way to update from v1.13 to v1.14b? (it was in the very 1st post i replied to u --->> AIO - All-In-One tweaks <<---u missed the entire thing). link below, download to computer->extract to->blank usb->insert AA v1.14b usb into car->wait for installation to completed. enjoy! buy me a beer/coffee if it helps u :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
@iatnuy What would be the easiest way to update from v1.13 to v1.14b? (it was in the very 1st post i replied to u --->> AIO - All-In-One tweaks <<---u missed the entire thing). link below, download to computer->extract to->blank usb->insert AA v1.14b usb into car->wait for installation to completed. enjoy! buy me a beer/coffee if it helps u :)
thank you very much I didn't get you the first time because it wasn't dumbed down enough haha.

I did the cmu reboot thing just then and wireless AA worked however was very laggy, especially the audio would stutter unbearably.

I'd rather not use AA if I have to use it through USB cable every time so I will try to upgrade to v1.14b like you said and report back.

thanks again, much appreciated!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is it known what the fixes or enhancements are in 70.00.367? Also, if there is a workaround coming to get 70.00.367 to work with AIO?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a weird problem, I surely made a mistake but don't really know where.

As stated multiple time on the AA1.14b topic, the FW59.00.502 is supposed to be more stable than mine (.545)
So I prepared everything to downgrade, to be sure I havn't forget something, I tried to reinstall the "ID7_recovery scripts" after that, I tested it with the Dryrun script , everything was fine, then I tried to do a full system restore on AIO ( even if it seems to be useless ) to have a "clean" CMU before downgrade , the script didn't worked and now I can't install tweaks anymore, when I try to install/uninstall tweak I have no message on CMU, same for recovery/dryrun script now. Do I need to do the serial connection "trick" again ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Okay thanks ! :) Did you know where I messed up ? To avoid doing same mistake later ? ^^
@Zirocks u did not install id7 recovery package properly that's what happened or u had ran out of memory/space (was not installed) that's why u had usb tweaks undetected. Install id7 recovery package twice this time to be sure. Install AA Tru_go to remove dump/logs files 400mb+ then install other tweaks later on.

8441 - 8452 of 8452 Posts