2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8421 - 8440 of 8477 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but when I try to click Start Compilation I just get a message popup that says "Please Download Color Scheme Files Before Compiling". I have already downloaded the files, but the message still comes up. Do the color scheme files need to be put in a specific folder?
In case anyone else has this same problem, I was able to work around the issue by copying the color scheme zip file to "Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/Temp" folder. Then when I clicked the "Download Color Schemes File" button it goes straight to unpacking the zip file (instead of downloading it) and puts everything where it belongs. Then when I click Start Compilation it works as it should.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys,
I have using 70.00.100 4A N. Did the recovery and serial connection.
I now able to install tweak using USB.
I keep my connection ready, hidden inside Glove compartment ( in case i need it again)

Here is some of my thoughts / guides:
1. Try to get CP2102 with LED indicators. it is much easier to make sure those connection is good. They blinks / lights up accordingly.
2. If you cannot get the CP2102 with LED, you may just hit ENTER once you connect into Putty or SecureCRT. It will enter blank and you will see CMU LOGIN being append to new line. This indicate your TX line is all well connected. For RX line, the flyback text is where you receive RX signal from CMU. So it is all good as well.
1111.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys -

Couple questions, I'm getting ready to install a few of the AIO tweaks into my 2018 Mazda 3. The info center is currently on firmware 59.00.441 so I shouldn't need serial access. Background on me: I'm young and fairly computer savvy, but my coding knowledge is limited.
1. Should I upgrade the firmware or leave it as is, so that I do not need serial access for future tweaks?
2. What does enabling Wi-Fi do?
3. Any tips to ensure I don't brick my system?

My main goal is to install Android auto but a few other tweaks seemed like nice adds.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey guys -

Couple questions, I'm getting ready to install a few of the AIO tweaks into my 2018 Mazda 3. The info center is currently on firmware 59.00.441 so I shouldn't need serial access. Background on me: I'm young and fairly computer savvy, but my coding knowledge is limited.
1. Should I upgrade the firmware or leave it as is, so that I do not need serial access for future tweaks?
2. What does enabling Wi-Fi do?
3. Any tips to ensure I don't brick my system?

My main goal is to install Android auto but a few other tweaks seemed like nice adds.
@cewoodruff14 i would suggest 99.99% (0.01% if u want apple carplay+new hub cables more troublesome) extremely recommend to leave it as is and do not upgrade FW unless u wanted to do more expert fiddling work coding = high risk of a brick cmu, purchasing extra cables, removing dash trim, wiring..etc. No hack required for your FW less headache and just use usb thumbdrive (win formatted fat32 2-8gb) to install id7 and AA V1.14b Tru_go (Fw55-59). *Fw70 abarth124 spider... <--answered to AA+wifi, then install your other tweaks with mzd AIO v2.8.6. Best of both worlds. Best tip do not upgrade fw unless you're know what you'd get yourself into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@cewoodruff14 i would suggest 99.99% (0.01% if u want apple carplay+new hub cables more troublesome) extremely recommend to leave it as is and do not upgrade FW unless u wanted to do more expert fiddling work coding = high risk of a brick cmu, purchasing extra cables, removing dash trim, wiring..etc. No hack required for your FW less headache and just use usb thumbdrive (win formatted fat32 2-8gb) to install id7 and AA V1.14b Tru_go (Fw55-59). *Fw70 abarth124 spider... <--answered to AA+wifi, then install your other tweaks with mzd AIO v2.8.6. Best of both worlds. Best tip do not upgrade fw unless you're know what you'd get yourself into.
@Radarwild - Thank you for the help. Seems like the best way to install id7 is through the AIO auto recovery package? Also it looks like AIO is still installing the AA V1.13 - do you know if there's a reason that hasn't been updated to the latest version? I really appreciate all that you and the other developers have done with all this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
@Radarwild - Thank you for the help. Seems like the best way to install id7 is through the AIO auto recovery package? Also it looks like AIO is still installing the AA V1.13 - do you know if there's a reason that hasn't been updated to the latest version? I really appreciate all that you and the other developers have done with all this.
@cewoodruff14 yes id7v1 thruogh recovery package. AA v1.13 created by trez, you need to ask him. Mine is below link or in the previous comment "in blue" touch the words to go to the url.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have the same one...and it works almost flawlessly now with the most recent update!

Hi newbie here
I have the same firmware 59.00.330 4A N
Does this you tube link video somehow the same as what you have done to your M3. It also uses AIO tweaks ver2

Attached in this reply is a foto of my M3 firmware version

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
im new here and i would have couple questions about this cool looking app.

So i have 2015 CX-5 with 56.00.513 EU N firmware and i would like to get android auto to work on it. I ques the car model should not matter because its the same system ?
Can i use this AIO to get the android auto to work even if i havent upgraded that USB/AUX port to the new one ?
Is it how safe to use AIO to this entertainment system like is there how big change to brick it and can it be fixed if that happens and can the car be driven ?

sorry for long questions and thank you advance for all the answer.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yes, car model does not matter, as long as you have the MZD. At firmware 56.00.513 you can install AIO AA directly. You do not need to install new USB hub+2 cables - this is only necessary, if you want official Mazda AA/CP (but then you have to update to a FW 70 first, before installing the hardware).
Installation of AIO AA is pretty safe. Chances to brick your MZD are low, if you only install that tweak. I can not say anything about if you e.g. install all AIO tweaks at once... risk might be higher.
If you brick the MZD (risk is higher at a FW update or other tweaks) you still can drive with the car. I had the same question and uninstalled/unplugged the MZD and drove around.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It seems every other version of the firmware I install is flaky with playing music from the USB. Using the same USB stick since day-1, starting with my upgrade to 59.x and prior to 59.00.546A, USB music playback would stop and the screen would show "reconnecting to USB." 546A fixed that, but then the upgrade to 70.00.100 broke it, again. I was planning to stay at 100 for a while so I don't have to do the serial connection bit, but if upgrading to 335 or 367A will fix the USB disconnect, the upgrade and serial connection would be worth it to me.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
@Fuzzy_Dunlop : This is an older file you linked to - it was new for .352 and does not mention .367, as it was not released, when this document was written. This document implies, that newer versions (.335 and +) could not be "hacked" by ID7/serial access anymore... then came ID7v2 for .335 and .352, which enabled them to install AIO Tweaks via USB - see own ID7v2 thread. In that thread is also mentioned, that Mazda changed somehing in .367, so that ID7v2 does not work anymore - hence it is not possible to install AIO Tweaks at .367 at the moment. Perhaps there will be a solution in the future, if a developer finds a solution.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If they'd spend just 50% of the effort they spend on locking community out of their system, to make features that the people look for here ....... :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
If they'd spend just 50% of the effort they spend on locking community out of their system, to make features that the people look for here ....... :)
I dislike the stock system so much that I was willing to purchase a different automobile. Being able to tweak out unwanted functionality and add these little features is what pushed my decision to buy my 3. Why not let us have our fun?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys I have this issue with my back camera. I'm using AI tweaks V 2.8.6.

How can I fix it?
It's all lagging and the image is sliding down...

Thanks you!
Anthony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here :)

Can somebody guide me on how to install AIO/AA for my car (what settings)? Do I need ID7 recovery?

Also, will wireless via wifi work for AA?

I'm from Australia.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey guys I'm new here :)

Can somebody guide me on how to install AIO/AA for my car (what settings)? Do I need ID7 recovery?

Also, will wireless via wifi work for AA?

I'm from Australia.

Thank you!
@iatnuy you dont need to do anything much for your FW just install id7v1 recovery package from mzd Aio v2.8.6 if you want to install tweaks. Then go to the link below, download the latest AA Tru_go v1.14 standard view 00.zip or nightly build.zip to your computer extract zip file to a blank USB. Insert the usbdrive into a spare usb slot in your car and let AA installation run, once completed remove usbdrive (plug in your andriod device with the latest Google/waze maps app) and enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, guys sorry for the noob question I was trying to search but didn't find a clear answer,

Is there a way I can test or check if AIO tweaks are installed? I got my car second hand and I don't see the startup notification disclaimer and touch is enabled while driving works with Apple Carplay but for Android Auto touch is disabled. I can only assume AIO tweaks are installed but I would like to confirm?

I'm on firmware 70.000.021 4A N and thinking of upgrading the factory firmware but I do not want to risk losing my tweaks.

is the serial connection needed prior to upgrade?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Confirmed. If the disclaimer does not show up at the start of the car/MZD and touch works for CP while driving, then your MZD definitively has AIO tweaks installed.

For upgrading the firmware (FW) you have different options, if you want to install AIO Tweaks via USB after the FW update. After a FW upgrade you will have to install AIO Tweaks again. FW update recommendations/options:
a) to 70.00.100 - no serial access necessary, but you need to install ID7/autorun tweak from AIO (top right corner in AIO) prior to the FW update.
b) to 70.00.335 or 70.00.354 - then you have to do the ID7v2 serial access process - see www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for instructions.
c) do not install the future 70.00.367 (not released yet for your region), if you want to use AIO Tweaks, as it locks out ID7v2 and you can not install any tweaks via USB anymore at that version (even not with serial access)

8421 - 8440 of 8477 Posts