2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8401 - 8420 of 8477 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was under the impression 70.00.100 NA was only necessary if upgrading from a pre 70 version. I was able to find 100 NA and 352B NA on the HiDrive (this is where I got them):

I ran permanent serial wires from the head unit to the glove compartment when I first had everything disassembled to install the official AA/Carplay hardware. Way easier to just remove the glove compartment for serial access in the event I ever need it again in the future.

this is a very good idea.
I will do that same and reserve the pins out for easy access.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This sounds as you tried to do the usual/old ID7/serial access as described at Serial Connection, which worked only up to/including 70.00.100. But for 70.00.335 you have to use the following manual described at ID7 Recovery v2. Tip: You can install .335 over .335 as often as you want. So you have enough tries to do the ID7v2 from ID7 Recovery v2.

And even if a downgrade is possible, some files remain from .335 - that`s why your serial at .504 did not work, as user/jci is disabled via these files. I think it was user anderml1955 who discovered that in one of the threads some month ago.
Trying to follow these instructions to install AIO tweaks on 2020 CX-5 with FW v70.00.335. My serial connection is working. Sounds like next step is to "install .335 over .335" with the serial connection going and then I can copy the tweak files after the install completes? But nowhere can I find HOW do you install .335 over .335? The ID7 Recovery v2 link states that I need the the “update.up” file? Where is this file?

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
Trying to follow these instructions to install AIO tweaks on 2020 CX-5 with FW v70.00.335. My serial connection is working. Sounds like next step is to "install .335 over .335" with the serial connection going and then I can copy the tweak files after the install completes? But nowhere can I find HOW do you install .335 over .335? The ID7 Recovery v2 link states that I need the the “update.up” file? Where is this file?
Firmware for latest V70.00.352B (North America) can be found @ HiDrive

Look for instructions to install update.up file (for V70+ you do not need to do instructions for failsafe.up)

·
Registered
6 Posts
But nowhere can I find HOW do you install .335 over .335? The ID7 Recovery v2 link states that I need the the “update.up” file? Where is this file?
It's the same process as installing any update file. Just select the desired fw file (335 in your case) and select it and install it. You can "update" to the same version you are currently on, although I would update to 352b as it's newer. I'm on 352b with AIO tweaks installed and it works great. Either way run the script after the install is complete before you restart your infotainment system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Firmware for latest V70.00.352B (North America) can be found @ HiDrive

Look for instructions to install update.up file (for V70+ you do not need to do instructions for failsafe.up)
It's the same process as installing any update file. Just select the desired fw file (335 in your case) and select it and install it. You can "update" to the same version you are currently on, although I would update to 352b as it's newer. I'm on 352b with AIO tweaks installed and it works great. Either way run the script after the install is complete before you restart your infotainment system.
Thanks so much, this got me past that hump! Is there a FAQ somewhere that says how to get the update files?

Anyway, I just upgraded and ran the script. I'm at .352 now! Text streaming by on the serial. Now how do verify the script worked and install the actual tweaks? Make a regular tweak install USB stick and just stick it in?

·
Pretty Cool Dude
323 Posts
Yeah. You can test if your command was successful by running

Code:
ls -l /mnt/data_persist/dev/bin
and see if it returns some green/blue text like in

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tristan-cx5 - some time back Trezdog was able to help me get the live MPG (your average MPG this drive - what shows up in the Fuel Economy App) near the clock. Now that I'm on .352 and a later version of AIO, I don't know how to get this done. By chance do you?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tristan-cx5 - some time back Trezdog was able to help me get the live MPG (your average MPG this drive - what shows up in the Fuel Economy App) near the clock. Now that I'm on .352 and a later version of AIO, I don't know how to get this done. By chance do you?
@SBMongoos u need to open mazda Aio v2.8.6 application select the speedometer select one of the options n change the display to shows average mpg and recompile to usb drive. Insert usb into your car usb to run installation and enjoy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
@SBMongoos u need to open mazda Aio v2.8.6 application select the speedometer select one of the options n change the display to shows average mpg and recompile to usb drive. Insert usb into your car usb to run installation and enjoy.
A long time ago we had to add code. But I thought a few months back I did this via AIO. However when I do it now it adds the average MPG but on the app screen so it only repeats the same information in the Fuel Economy App, it doesn't put this info in the statusbar near the clock.
update, this sounds and looks familiar.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Tristan-cx5 and Radarwild. I'd forgotten about those settings. Definitely makes it easier. Back up an running on .352b. I noticed that when checking the version in the car it does only .352, not .3532b.

Also, in using the ID7v2 serial recovery. Consider getting long enough wires for this process or they could easily pull out of where you connect them on the back of the CMU. Also, if you use stranded wire solder then ends that connect to the CMU to make them rigid, especially for the TX and RX so they can be inserted and stay in place better. Stranded will split or not push in far enough and cause issues with connections. Solid wire would be something to consider here.

Now if we could just get XM art to work. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The letter at the end of the numbers is never displayed at the MZD FW Version in the MZD I think.

I can not help you with the decision which wires wo use, as I never put in wires only. But most problems were, that the wires were not stripped long enough and not put in long enough...

The best way, if you are planning to do future MZD FW Updates as well and will do the ID7v2 at every update again (which you have, if you want to use AIO tweaks via USB), would be to use the correct terminals/pins for the CMU connector, which I described here in the CMU Connector thread in some posts. Then you do not have to think about soldering. But I also saw people/photos who soldered the wires to the platine (for permanent connection)... or used stripped wires (for one time serial access). But if you think about a permament connection, never leave the usb adapter connected to the CMU, when not needed/in use, as otherwise it drains your battery. Even with a black screen at the MZD and power off/locked car, the usb adapter receives data from the MZD and this would drain your battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, so please delete if it's not: How possible would it be for the phone call audio to route via the all the speakers verse the headrest speakers in the ND? Reason being that I have racing bucket seats in the car and no plastic interior to mount a homebrew speaker setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but when I try to click Start Compilation I just get a message popup that says "Please Download Color Scheme Files Before Compiling". I have already downloaded the files, but the message still comes up. Do the color scheme files need to be put in a specific folder?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anyway to show current speed in AA? I know it shows on mobile version, but not in car headunit.
I'm only a novice on this whole topic but there's a speedometer function under apps on my head unit. That was added when I installed AIO tweaks. I don't know if you're looking for something different though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would assume, that after the download they are installed/put to the correct folder automatically. Have you uninstalled AIO and installed it again? Use the latest 2.8.6 from www.mazdatweaks.com
I did reinstall it, but still same problem. When I click on Download Color Scheme Files I get a popup box that says "Download interrupted. Please try again" followed immediately by another popup that says "Download cancelled"

8401 - 8420 of 8477 Posts