2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

8281 - 8300 of 8385 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
You have not read, what I recommended, right? Please do so.

Yes, pull out is necessary.
No, ID7v2 can not be installed before anymore, as .335 and .352 delete ALL Tweaks INCLUDING ID7. So you will have to do the serial access again after each next FW update. ID7v2 works only for the actual/current FW you have installed. It will be deleted after each new install of FW .335, .352 or .352+, thats why you have to do the ID7v2 again, if you update further than .352.
Yes, it"s more of a comment. My laptop doesn't have a serial connector so I'll need to come up with a work around. Adapter or whatever. Probably be nice to have the WiFi AA function.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
At best you read www.mazdatweaks.com/serial as basic knowledge about the serial access... NO laptop has the required serial adapter build in. It only has the same name as the old serial connector you think of from really old devices. Serial Adapter is a USB Adapter to cables/bare wires.
AIO AA does not work at any FW 70 (like yours). Read the thread about AA 1.14 true go from Radarwild, if it supports WiFi and FW70. But I am not sure, if you can get what you want.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Doe anyone know why is it some get the album art for XM Radio and others don't in these Mazdas? Thought it would show up with a later version of F/W or possibly with the USB hub upgrade but no. Was driving a loaner CX-5 GT 2020 it the XM album art shows up. Have heard mixed reports on different years. Very odd.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If you are below FW 59.00.502 you can install the ID7 tweak from AIO via USB. At any higher FW than 59.00.502 (and .502 itself) the installation via USB is blocked.

If you are already at FW 59.00.502 - 70.00.100 you can do the "old" serial access with ID7 files as described here: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial

If you are at FW 70.00.335 or higher, you have to do the serial access with ID7v2 files and changed process... you have to do the serial access at the update or the re-installation of the firmware. For details see: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 and the thread ID7v2 here in the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am such a happy AIO-AA user now !
I have been using AIO-AA for years now, with FW 59.00.449, but regarding startup/connect it was quite unstable.

Now I've:
1. Installed ID7-recovery scripts from AIO 2.8.6
2. upgraded to FW 59.00.545 (this wiped all tweaks, as expected)
3. Installed AA 1.13 from AIO 2.8.6

Now I have a MUCH more stable AA. Now I'm able to plugin my phone, start the car and go. AA is up-and-running in approx 15-20 seconds from hitting car's start-button.
And it is STABLE - it works every time. (And spotify-music resumes perfectly).

With FW449 I experienced all kinds of crashes/failed startups of AA - had to unplug+plug phone and/or reset MZD by holding down 3 buttons. There was never one successful method.

@Trezdog44 and others involved in producing this fine piece of software: Thank you so much !

PS. This high-quality AA perfectly suites my 235 bhp/510 nm diesel-powered Mazda3 :)
I love my car even more now ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please urgent help needed about upgrading.
I am on EU-449A and only use AA tweak but not stable.
I want to upgrade 545A but I dont want to use cmu serial access later.
I only want to use my usb to install tweaks from AIO
I never installed ssh_bringback before.
Please someone tell me what should I do step by step to upgrade my firmware to a higher firmware (545 or higher please tell me why). After upgrading the firmware I cant use cmu serial access
Friends please help me as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
1. Install ID7/Autorun Tweak from AIO (top right in AIO) to your .449 via USB. By that you are able to install tweaks after the firmware update to .545.
2. Update to .545 and stick to the word to the firmware update procedure PDF (and read it before): Downloadlink for .545 EU firmware file and PDF
3. Install AA from AIO to your .545 via USB. Due to the ID7 tweak you are enabled to install tweaks via usb up to/including FW 70.00.100. But AIO AA does not work at any FW 70. So no need for you to update further than .545.
4. All on your own risk. You could brick your CMU (1000 € for a new one or complicated repair).

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. Install ID7/Autorun Tweak from AIO (top right in AIO) to your .449 via USB. By that you are able to install tweaks after the firmware update to .545.
2. Update to .545 and stick to the word to the firmware update procedure PDF (and read it before): Downloadlink for .545 EU firmware file and PDF
3. Install AA from AIO to your .545 via USB. Due to the ID7 tweak you are enabled to install tweaks via usb up to/including FW 70.00.100. But AIO AA does not work at any FW 70. So no need for you to update further than .545.
4. All on your own risk. You could brick your CMU (1000 € for a new one or complicated repair).
Do i have to install ssh_bringback before installing ID7/Autorun tweak

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is anyone have issues with some tweaks not applying on .335 firmware? I can't seem to get the "Reverse Safety Camera Warning" tweak to work. Is this meant to remove the words "Please Check Surroundings For Safety" text from the bottom of the reverse camera? Also disable Boot Animation doesn't seem to do anything either.

I installed AIO with serial access on .335 and some tweaks work such as "No More Disclaimer" but the others I've tried such as the two above don't work.

Initially I thought it was the AIO version 2.8.4 as it didn't officially support .335. However, I've recently tried 2.8.6, which supports .335 without success.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@grandiotolga : No, you do not have to.

@[email protected] : Yes, the "Reverse Safety Camera Warning" tweak should remove the "Please Check Surroundings For Safety" text. Back then when I was on .335 EU, the tweak worked fine when I installed it using AIO 2.8.4-1. Please find attached a photo from that setting (.335 and tweak from AIO 2.8.4-1) without the "Please Check Surroundings For Safety" text. Meanwhile I have .352 EU and this tweak from AIO 2.8.6 installed and it works also fine (removed the text).
01.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
@grandiotolga : No, you do not have to.

@[email protected] : Yes, the "Reverse Safety Camera Warning" tweak should remove the "Please Check Surroundings For Safety" text. Back then when I was on .335 EU, the tweak worked fine when I installed it using AIO 2.8.4-1. Please find attached a photo from that setting (.335 and tweak from AIO 2.8.4-1) without the "Please Check Surroundings For Safety" text. Meanwhile I have .352 EU and this tweak from AIO 2.8.6 installed and it works also fine (removed the text).
View attachment 276857
Thanks for the quick reply Tristan. I'm on .335 4A. Hmm I wonder why some tweaks and others don't. Might have to try a reinstall of the firmware and try again.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Or try to uninstall just this tweak via AIO 2.8.6 two times:
  • one time with ticked install option "apps to resources"
  • one time without that
Then install the tweak with ticked install option (top left in AIO): apps to resources.

Just a try... before you have to reinstall the FW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have FW 55 if I install the ID7 tweak from AIO via USB and then upgrade to FW 7.0000 will the ID7 tweak still be there or no. only reason im upgrading to 7.0 is cause i ordered the Mazda android auto hub kit

Thanks

If you are below FW 59.00.502 you can install the ID7 tweak from AIO via USB. At any higher FW than 59.00.502 (and .502 itself) the installation via USB is blocked.

If you are already at FW 59.00.502 - 70.00.100 you can do the "old" serial access with ID7 files as described here: www.mazdatweaks.com/serial

If you are at FW 70.00.335 or higher, you have to do the serial access with ID7v2 files and changed process... you have to do the serial access at the update or the re-installation of the firmware. For details see: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 and the thread ID7v2 here in the forum.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yes, the ID7 tweak will still be there, as long as you do not update further than 70.00.100. This is the last version in which the ID7 Tweak remains installed. In later versions (70.00.335 and 70.00.352 and +) ID7 is deleted with the update and you would have to do the serial access called ID7v2 - see separate thread for that, if you are interested. Otherwise just stay at 70.00.100 and be happy that you still can install AIO Tweaks and use official AA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2015 Mazda3 with OS version 55.00.650 NA N. I've been reading some on the AA install, but im wondering how safe this is now? It's hard to read through 400+ pages of info and gather info from the right websites/youtube videos! Is this thread still the main source of info for this mod? And is V2 the latest version? Most of the videos/posts I see are from 2017.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2015 Mazda3 with OS version 55.00.650 NA N.....
I'm jealous of your mazda 3!

We bought a 2015 3 in January for our daughter. It's got a slightly older firmware. I can tell you AIO is safe enough to try out and you can revert the install just as easily. Getting AA to run smoothly might depend on the phone you have, but when it's working, it's very nice. For a 5 year old car, you might encounter the ghost touch problem on the touch screen. That is an issue for ours and the dealership has not been helpful, but there's a software tweak to take care of it.

and yeah, I wish I had the same car with a stick...and a moon roof and a stiffer suspension

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
@CheezyB88 :
  • AIO 2.8.6 (a lot of Tweaks inside) is the latest version of AIO available at www.mazdatweaks.com.
  • One of the tweaks there is the current AA (Android Auto) 1.1.3. Then there is a fork/user project called AA 1.1.4 TrueGo - see a separate thread for this.
  • And then there is the ID7/Autorun Tweak: a) Helpful to be installed once before the update to 59.00.502 up to 70.00.100. And ID7v2 is only necessary to be installed via serial access during the update to 70.00.335 or 70.00.352, as these two delete the "older" ID7 Tweak from AIO at the update. But ID7v2 is not the better version of ID7 - its just necessary for a higher firmware. And ID7/ID7v2 is good for staying able to install tweaks via USB, which is blocked from 59.00.502 onwards from factory.
  • So returning to your question: your mentioned "V2" is the latest for AIO 2.8.6 and for ID7v2 (but ID7v2 is not relevant for FW lower than 70.00.335.
  • And Firmware lower than 59.00.502 (I guess as far as FW 55) does not have to worry at all, as with these the installation of tweaks via USB still work from factory.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the reply! So with my FW version, the only thing I need to concern myself with is AIO 2.8.6 from mazdatweaks right? If I don't plan on ever updating the head unit to anything higher? Also, I know there was a glitch with bluetooth calling, is that still the case with the latest version? And what are the chances of me bricking my head unit? Have there been many cases with the latest?

·
Registered
63 Posts
What's the ghost touch issue? And haha thanks, the mods I did to this car turn it into sort of a Mazdaspeed Light. Its only slightly firmer, without making the ride too punishing/crashy. The OV 93-octane tune really gives a noticeable boost in low-end grunt and throttle response. But I will say, the transmission/motor mounts on this car are far too soft. There's too much drivetrain movement when on/off throttle and during gear changes. The soft clutch doesn't help either; as it doesn't bite like the miata I used to have.

8281 - 8300 of 8385 Posts